'350 wind turbine jobs at Paull': South Korean firm CS Wind Corporation set to confirm plans in wake of Siemens Hull deal
ANOTHER 350 jobs could be heading to the region as part of the Siemens' offshore wind turbine plant in East Yorkshire.
A thousand new jobs were confirmed last week by the German engineering giant at sites in Hull and Paull.
The joint announcement with Associated British Ports ended a four-year wait for confirmation of the investment.
As well as a turbine assembly plant at Alexandra Dock in east Hull, Siemens also plans to open a rotor blade manufacturing facility at a new site between Paull and Saltend.
Now East Riding Council leader Councillor Stephen Parnaby has revealed about 350 more jobs will be created at Paull, where the support towers for the turbines will be assembled.
The Mail... read more
- 08:59 Roger Moore in race row after saying Elba can't be Bond because...
- 08:57 Thief who stole dying man's phone gives defiant one fingered gesture
- 08:55 AXE Factor: Dermot O'Leary dumped from talent show by Simon Cowell...
- 08:53 General Election: Tories promise hospital consultants 7 days a week
- 08:47 Ed Sheeran leaves bride and groom stunned with surprise performance...
- 08:46 Gibraltar star Liam Walker: Gordon Strachan made my dreams come...
- 08:44 MALAYSIAN GP QUALIFYING - LIVE: Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg to...
- 08:43 City centre crash horror: Pensioner dies after being hit by a car...
- 08:42 'Madness of boy racers on A500'
- 08:39 Dorket Head: Arnold tip cautioned after methane leak