'350 wind turbine jobs at Paull': South Korean firm CS Wind Corporation set to confirm plans in wake of Siemens Hull deal
ANOTHER 350 jobs could be heading to the region as part of the Siemens' offshore wind turbine plant in East Yorkshire.
A thousand new jobs were confirmed last week by the German engineering giant at sites in Hull and Paull.
The joint announcement with Associated British Ports ended a four-year wait for confirmation of the investment.
As well as a turbine assembly plant at Alexandra Dock in east Hull, Siemens also plans to open a rotor blade manufacturing facility at a new site between Paull and Saltend.
Now East Riding Council leader Councillor Stephen Parnaby has revealed about 350 more jobs will be created at Paull, where the support towers for the turbines will be assembled.
The Mail... read more
Most read news
- 16:48 Man City poll: Just a blip or time to panic?
- 16:43 Real Madrid team bus welcomed by thousands of fans ahead of El...
- 16:43 TRANSFER NEWS: Ozil to City, Valdes nears Man Utd, Chelsea,...
- 16:34 Real Madrid vs Barcelona team news: Luis Suarez starts in El Clasico
- 16:28 Real Madrid v Barcelona team news: Luis Suarez STARTS in the...
- 16:19 Alexis Sanchez scores for Arsenal after comedy error from...
- 15:48 The HILARIOUS moment Russell Brand STORMS into Sam Allardyce's West...
- 15:22 SNAPPED: Liverpool fans ditch Mario Balotelli shirts outside Anfield
- 13:35 Liverpool News: Dressing room BUST-UP, Carragher return as coach,...
- 13:25 TRANSFER NEWS: Ozil to LEAVE Arsenal, Anfield hero to return to...