'350 wind turbine jobs at Paull': South Korean firm CS Wind Corporation set to confirm plans in wake of Siemens Hull deal
ANOTHER 350 jobs could be heading to the region as part of the Siemens' offshore wind turbine plant in East Yorkshire.
A thousand new jobs were confirmed last week by the German engineering giant at sites in Hull and Paull.
The joint announcement with Associated British Ports ended a four-year wait for confirmation of the investment.
As well as a turbine assembly plant at Alexandra Dock in east Hull, Siemens also plans to open a rotor blade manufacturing facility at a new site between Paull and Saltend.
Now East Riding Council leader Councillor Stephen Parnaby has revealed about 350 more jobs will be created at Paull, where the support towers for the turbines will be assembled.
The Mail... read more
- 04:28 Editor’s column: We’re always proud to honour football’s best
- 04:27 Tories pledge more apprenticeships
- 04:27 How Leeds built its reputation on Victorian grandeur
- 04:16 A-League tactics: Melbourne City no match for mobile Adelaide United
- 04:10 ‘Botched boiler killed two Wakefield children on holiday isle’
- 04:01 Harry to miss royal baby's birth
- 03:58 Politicians needs to focus on long-term prosperity
- 03:41 Shelves that double as a fridge and tabletops that cook your food:...
- 03:41 Top secret X-37B space plane will fly next month using an...
- 03:41 Huge levels of deforestation to occur by 2030: Area the size of...