'350 wind turbine jobs at Paull': South Korean firm CS Wind Corporation set to confirm plans in wake of Siemens Hull deal
ANOTHER 350 jobs could be heading to the region as part of the Siemens' offshore wind turbine plant in East Yorkshire.
A thousand new jobs were confirmed last week by the German engineering giant at sites in Hull and Paull.
The joint announcement with Associated British Ports ended a four-year wait for confirmation of the investment.
As well as a turbine assembly plant at Alexandra Dock in east Hull, Siemens also plans to open a rotor blade manufacturing facility at a new site between Paull and Saltend.
Now East Riding Council leader Councillor Stephen Parnaby has revealed about 350 more jobs will be created at Paull, where the support towers for the turbines will be assembled.
The Mail... read more
Most read news
- 06:37 ‘I love ecstasy,’ drug smuggler told police at airport
- 06:36 REFERENDUM: Borders votes No to independence
- 06:33 Council in hot water again
- 06:26 SPY IN THE CAMP: Scunthorpe United v Leyton Orient
- 06:25 Scotland says No to independence – despite Glasgow saying Yes
- 06:24 Independence referendum: Scotland votes to remain part of United...
- 06:23 Scotland says No to independence – despite Glasgow saying Yes
- 06:22 What Now For UK? 10 Things You Need To Know
- 06:22 Leaders Under Pressure After Scotland Vote
- 06:22 Scotland Vote Not A Total Disaster For Salmond