'350 wind turbine jobs at Paull': South Korean firm CS Wind Corporation set to confirm plans in wake of Siemens Hull deal
ANOTHER 350 jobs could be heading to the region as part of the Siemens' offshore wind turbine plant in East Yorkshire.
A thousand new jobs were confirmed last week by the German engineering giant at sites in Hull and Paull.
The joint announcement with Associated British Ports ended a four-year wait for confirmation of the investment.
As well as a turbine assembly plant at Alexandra Dock in east Hull, Siemens also plans to open a rotor blade manufacturing facility at a new site between Paull and Saltend.
Now East Riding Council leader Councillor Stephen Parnaby has revealed about 350 more jobs will be created at Paull, where the support towers for the turbines will be assembled.
The Mail... read more
Most read news
- 21:58 SNAPPED: Borini's high tackle leaves Cazorla BLEEDING through...
- 21:54 Rangers boss Ally McCoist dumped on gardening leave for remainder...
- 21:52 Women are selling positive pregnancy tests to "lock' men down over...
- 21:47 'Serial' fans have a new murder to unravel as Canadian detective...
- 21:34 Man found injured in Stockport flat who later died was RAF war hero
- 21:23 Oil price fall not Opec's fault, Gulf ministers say
- 20:45 Five things we learned from Arsenal’s terrible performance against...
- 17:51 Man Utd News: Bale deal, TRIPLE swoop, LVG's fury, Falcao hailed
- 17:48 Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Nacer Chadli tweets sly dig at rivals...
- 17:29 Police following 'positive' lead after OAP dies in midnight attack...