'350 wind turbine jobs at Paull': South Korean firm CS Wind Corporation set to confirm plans in wake of Siemens Hull deal
ANOTHER 350 jobs could be heading to the region as part of the Siemens' offshore wind turbine plant in East Yorkshire.
A thousand new jobs were confirmed last week by the German engineering giant at sites in Hull and Paull.
The joint announcement with Associated British Ports ended a four-year wait for confirmation of the investment.
As well as a turbine assembly plant at Alexandra Dock in east Hull, Siemens also plans to open a rotor blade manufacturing facility at a new site between Paull and Saltend.
Now East Riding Council leader Councillor Stephen Parnaby has revealed about 350 more jobs will be created at Paull, where the support towers for the turbines will be assembled.
The Mail... read more
Most read news
- 15:18 What's it like to grow old in YOUR country? Global index ranks the...
- 15:15 Which hero from history could save Britain?
- 15:15 Do mushrooms have any nutritional value?
- 15:05 Hayley Pointon murder inquiry: six men appear in court
- 14:56 A pickled egg in the UK, a glass of wine in Hungary and a train to...
- 14:53 The Brazilian church that welcomes gay believers into the fold
- 14:04 Be afraid Arsenal! Cesc Fabregas is in top form and gunning for you...
- 13:16 Man United preparing £51m DOUBLE raid on Juventus in January
- 12:15 Arsenal move to beat Chelsea and Man Utd to 'the next Rio Ferdinand'
- 11:39 Rio Ferdinand reveals ALL on Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal