'350 wind turbine jobs at Paull': South Korean firm CS Wind Corporation set to confirm plans in wake of Siemens Hull deal
ANOTHER 350 jobs could be heading to the region as part of the Siemens' offshore wind turbine plant in East Yorkshire.
A thousand new jobs were confirmed last week by the German engineering giant at sites in Hull and Paull.
The joint announcement with Associated British Ports ended a four-year wait for confirmation of the investment.
As well as a turbine assembly plant at Alexandra Dock in east Hull, Siemens also plans to open a rotor blade manufacturing facility at a new site between Paull and Saltend.
Now East Riding Council leader Councillor Stephen Parnaby has revealed about 350 more jobs will be created at Paull, where the support towers for the turbines will be assembled.
The Mail... read more
- 03:42 NHS Quizzed Over Proton Beam Cancer Therapy
- 02:55 UKIP To Reveal Oz-Style Immigration Policy
- 02:52 Homeless man shot dead by LAPD had served time for bank robbery
- 02:47 Australian radio station's royal hoax call broke the law
- 02:43 Asia markets lower on economic data
- 02:40 Appeal To Find 'Dangerous' Foreign Suspects
- 02:17 New York rats could harbour the PLAGUE: City rodents carry fleas...
- 02:17 How to bask in the Bali sun for £50: Can't wait for the weather to...
- 00:34 Colombia detains China-flagged ship for illegal arms transport
- 22:57 CONFIRMED: Arsenal midfielder RULED OUT for the rest of the season