'350 wind turbine jobs at Paull': South Korean firm CS Wind Corporation set to confirm plans in wake of Siemens Hull deal
ANOTHER 350 jobs could be heading to the region as part of the Siemens' offshore wind turbine plant in East Yorkshire.
A thousand new jobs were confirmed last week by the German engineering giant at sites in Hull and Paull.
The joint announcement with Associated British Ports ended a four-year wait for confirmation of the investment.
As well as a turbine assembly plant at Alexandra Dock in east Hull, Siemens also plans to open a rotor blade manufacturing facility at a new site between Paull and Saltend.
Now East Riding Council leader Councillor Stephen Parnaby has revealed about 350 more jobs will be created at Paull, where the support towers for the turbines will be assembled.
The Mail... read more
Most read news
- 20:04 Polish opposition says local poll result 'dishonest'
- 19:55 Man City sorry after handing children of six photos of rapist Ched...
- 19:47 Arsenal and Manchester United ready shock loan swoop for Thomas...
- 19:46 Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus out until January with fresh ankle...
- 19:29 Mazda takes the wraps off its feisty new CX-3 compact crossover
- 19:27 Regin, new computer spying bug, discovered by Symantec
- 19:09 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd's BIG offer to get Arsenal target,...
- 18:23 Why Manchester United did not sell their soul along with Danny Welbeck
- 18:11 Arsene Wenger must change or he will be sacked by Arsenal
- 17:56 Brendan Rodgers "to be replaced at Liverpool by Borussia Dortmund...