'350 wind turbine jobs at Paull': South Korean firm CS Wind Corporation set to confirm plans in wake of Siemens Hull deal
ANOTHER 350 jobs could be heading to the region as part of the Siemens' offshore wind turbine plant in East Yorkshire.
A thousand new jobs were confirmed last week by the German engineering giant at sites in Hull and Paull.
The joint announcement with Associated British Ports ended a four-year wait for confirmation of the investment.
As well as a turbine assembly plant at Alexandra Dock in east Hull, Siemens also plans to open a rotor blade manufacturing facility at a new site between Paull and Saltend.
Now East Riding Council leader Councillor Stephen Parnaby has revealed about 350 more jobs will be created at Paull, where the support towers for the turbines will be assembled.
The Mail... read more
- 16:59 Car and lorry collide on A6 at Allestree
- 16:41 Ex-Holbeach man detained in secure facility under hospital order...
- 16:41 Sutton St James man threatened people with 25cm bladed knife
- 16:41 Jack Vettriano gives up painting after freak injury
- 16:40 Paranoid schizophrenic who killed his cellmate at Lincoln prison is...
- 16:36 Film review and trailer: Man Up starring Simon Pegg
- 16:29 Arsenal vs Aston Villa: FA Cup final team news, kick-off time,...
- 14:55 Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd on RED ALERT as Jackson Martinez...
- 14:44 Arsenal plot DOUBLE Barcelona swoop as Arsene Wenger eyes Chelsea...
- 14:43 Why Karim Benzema would be a dream Manchester United transfer