'350 wind turbine jobs at Paull': South Korean firm CS Wind Corporation set to confirm plans in wake of Siemens Hull deal
ANOTHER 350 jobs could be heading to the region as part of the Siemens' offshore wind turbine plant in East Yorkshire.
A thousand new jobs were confirmed last week by the German engineering giant at sites in Hull and Paull.
The joint announcement with Associated British Ports ended a four-year wait for confirmation of the investment.
As well as a turbine assembly plant at Alexandra Dock in east Hull, Siemens also plans to open a rotor blade manufacturing facility at a new site between Paull and Saltend.
Now East Riding Council leader Councillor Stephen Parnaby has revealed about 350 more jobs will be created at Paull, where the support towers for the turbines will be assembled.
The Mail... read more
Most read news
- 01:22 Satellites The Latest Weapon Against Ebola
- 01:20 Jose Mourinho can top Sir Alex Ferguson to become the greatest...
- 01:19 Samsung says Microsoft deal invites 'charges of collusion' - filing
- 01:09 Fiona Woolf quits as head of child abuse inquiry
- 00:57 Ebola staff warned to wear double gloves
- 00:55 Federal charges appear unlikely in Ferguson police shooting -...
- 00:54 Mike Tyson: I was victim of child sex attack
- 00:54 'Hull City tend to be ignored - but that drives us on'
- 00:52 The ultimate hipster belt? New scooter can be worn around your...
- 22:32 Murder investigation launched after man shot dead in Openshaw