'350 wind turbine jobs at Paull': South Korean firm CS Wind Corporation set to confirm plans in wake of Siemens Hull deal
ANOTHER 350 jobs could be heading to the region as part of the Siemens' offshore wind turbine plant in East Yorkshire.
A thousand new jobs were confirmed last week by the German engineering giant at sites in Hull and Paull.
The joint announcement with Associated British Ports ended a four-year wait for confirmation of the investment.
As well as a turbine assembly plant at Alexandra Dock in east Hull, Siemens also plans to open a rotor blade manufacturing facility at a new site between Paull and Saltend.
Now East Riding Council leader Councillor Stephen Parnaby has revealed about 350 more jobs will be created at Paull, where the support towers for the turbines will be assembled.
The Mail... read more
Most read news
- 07:05 Robin Hood’s heroic endeavours in county
- 07:02 End of line for Nottingham's Victorian rail arches
- 07:01 Councillor takes parking critics to task
- 07:00 UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Thursday July 24
- 06:59 Sheffield delivery driver killers to be jailed for life
- 06:58 Shops warn troublemakers: “Your face doesn’t fit in this town”
- 06:57 Liverpool 0 - Roma 1: Agger own goal costs Reds but Rodgers plays...
- 06:57 Rob Godfrey says away points are key as Scunthorpe Scorpions target...
- 06:37 Concert great finale for pupils
- 06:37 Katie lobbies to help charity