'350 wind turbine jobs at Paull': South Korean firm CS Wind Corporation set to confirm plans in wake of Siemens Hull deal
ANOTHER 350 jobs could be heading to the region as part of the Siemens' offshore wind turbine plant in East Yorkshire.
A thousand new jobs were confirmed last week by the German engineering giant at sites in Hull and Paull.
The joint announcement with Associated British Ports ended a four-year wait for confirmation of the investment.
As well as a turbine assembly plant at Alexandra Dock in east Hull, Siemens also plans to open a rotor blade manufacturing facility at a new site between Paull and Saltend.
Now East Riding Council leader Councillor Stephen Parnaby has revealed about 350 more jobs will be created at Paull, where the support towers for the turbines will be assembled.
The Mail... read more
Most read news
- 17:33 How will Arsenal line up against Aston Villa?
- 17:12 SNAPPED: Diego Costa in training ground LUNGE on Chelsea skipper...
- 16:43 Borussia Dortmund star Mats Hummels AGREES £37m Manchester United deal
- 16:12 Man Utd v Leicester: Ander Herrera's return and more things to look...
- 15:44 Dortmund eye Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool target to replace Man...
- 15:13 Gary Neville reveals all on Man United's move for non-league kid...
- 15:06 Arsene Wenger: Why I let Joel Campbell leave Arsenal
- 13:58 BREAKING: Thugs jailed for 64 years after vicious attack on uni...
- 13:19 Man Utd fans ROCKED as Van Gaal RULES OUT signing Arsenal,...
- 12:56 Liverpool set to complete double loan striker deal for Chelsea target