£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
Most read news
- 17:04 Boris Johnson: London property should not be sold at 'Suites in the...
- 17:02 Hong Kong Leader To Meet Student Protesters
- 16:58 Simon Hughes backs Nick Clegg critic for Lib Dem presidency
- 16:54 WATCH: Chelsea celebrate Izzy Brown's stunninig Leicester strike
- 16:26 Manchester United get huge boost in pursuit of Barcelona star...
- 16:10 Manchester United "preparing £10m move for Real Madrid transfer...
- 15:46 Arsenal News: Wenger's big money move, Welbeck's blunder, Man Utd...
- 15:23 TRANSFER NEWS: Ronaldo's Man Utd return CONFIRMED, Liverpool agree...
- 14:53 Cristiano Ronaldo opens up over HUGE potential Man United transfer
- 14:52 Wenger can make Welbeck world class, says Neville