£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
Most read news
- 02:31 Scottish independence: Gordon Brown issues warning over UK debt
- 02:31 British labour activist Andy Hall in Thailand trial
- 02:14 Babe in blue: Bar Refaeli showcases amazing figure in navy bandeau...
- 02:14 'That is a moon if I ever saw one!' Karen Gillan provides hilarious...
- 02:07 Tom Lawrence signs for Leicester and Nick Powell also joins on loan...
- 01:56 CONFIRMED: Man Utd complete signing of Monaco's Radamel Falcao
- 22:50 West Ham transfer news: Hammers hope to beat deadline with signing...
- 22:42 Radamel Falcao deal yet to be confirmed, Manchester United fans...
- 22:21 Hull City set to confirm Gaston Ramirez and Hatem Ben Arfa loan deals
- 22:06 Arsenal transfer news: Danny Welbeck set to join from Manchester...