£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
- 23:14 Lobster has gone mainstream with supermarket bargains for £10 or...
- 23:14 Germanwings crash: The tragic history of pilot murder-suicides
- 23:09 Chelsea midfielder Oscar nutmegs France goalkeeper Steve Mandanda...
- 23:01 Paxman to Miliband: "People see you as a north London geek'
- 22:47 Germanwings crash: Andreas Lubitz - the killer co-pilot who...
- 22:46 Wayne Rooney: I won't be doing boxing celebration again... because...
- 22:42 ALEX BRUMMER: Aden threatens Gulf stability as risk of war gives...
- 19:38 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd DONE DEAL, Liverpool TRIPLE exit, Arsenal...
- 19:29 Arsenal News: DOUBLE done deal, Walcott WARNING, Schneiderlin...
- 18:21 Louis van Gaal: The SECRET behind Manchester United's revival