£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
- 03:53 China shares down on 2015 growth target
- 03:44 Fossil Rolls Back Human History 400,000 Years
- 03:38 China asks Myanmar to "lower temperature" on border
- 03:03 HBO in talks with Apple, Google to launch streaming service - reports
- 02:49 Lauren Pope wows in backless sheer white gown while TOWIE co-stars...
- 02:49 Gemma Merna takes the plunge in cleavage-baring leather dress while...
- 02:22 The Bottom Line
- 02:16 Jonny Evans backed by Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal in...
- 02:07 Mario Balotelli claims 'someone doesn't like me' in cryptic message...
- 01:32 Angel di Maria gets hauled off again after £60m man wastes one...