£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
Most read news
- 04:33 Harry's Well-Earned Birthday Drink After Games
- 04:32 Green light for £36m shake-up of city's leisure facilities
- 04:32 Opus chef director David Colcombe's recipes for runners tackling...
- 04:30 Tweet is a recipe for success
- 04:19 ABS employment figures for August: statistical aberration or recovery?
- 04:12 MIDEAST STOCKS - Factors to watch - September 15
- 04:09 Teens face jail over knife killing
- 04:03 China's fiscal spending growth eases in August
- 04:01 Australia shares lose ground on China data, miners recover modestly
- 04:00 Man due in court over forest killing