£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
Most read news
- 23:31 Eating like a caveman 'cuts bowel cancer risk by half': Fashionable...
- 23:26 Committee conveners ‘could strengthen Holyrood’
- 23:26 Brian Wilson: Labour must work better together
- 22:52 Mind the Gap! Man United boss Louis van Gaal aiming to turn the...
- 22:39 Alan Irvine hopes missing out on Leicester's Leonardo Ulloa doesn't...
- 22:39 Nigel Pearson demands more from Leicester in bid to reverse slide...
- 22:39 Arsene Wenger: Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez has instincts like...
- 22:32 Murder investigation launched after man shot dead in Openshaw
- 21:55 Norwich 2 - Bolton 1: Cameron Jerome at the double as Canaries soar...
- 21:07 Arsenal News: Khedira to Man Utd, Hummels deal AGREED, Rabiot blow