£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
Most read news
- 01:31 Pension funds pile pressure on Barclays over governance
- 01:21 Women Urged To Stop Britons Fighting In Syria
- 01:20 Scotland would beat UK to high speed rail - Salmond
- 01:15 Japan ship firm pays about $40 million to China after seizure - media
- 01:09 Apple beats estimates on iPhones and Macs
- 01:07 Revealed: The 50 Streets With Slowest Broadband
- 01:01 Hated tuition £9,000 tuition fees might not save any money, says...
- 00:55 Flybe launches London City routes in rebirth bid
- 00:30 Lung cancer set to catch breast cancer as the deadliest cancer...
- 00:25 'Friendly' drone on dog leash takes off