£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
Most read news
- 14:36 Post Office raiders' appeal quashed
- 14:35 In pictures: Bad celebrity tans from around the world
- 14:21 BREAKING: Reports of large explosion and possible building collapse...
- 14:21 Adecco sales jump on European recovery
- 14:18 Burton used as an example in bid to beat sales of illegal items
- 14:11 Science in all its psychedelic glory: Beautiful images taken in the...
- 13:06 Lukas Podolski and Tomas Rosicky row on pitch after Arsenal exit...
- 12:48 UPDATED: Murder victim in Leeds woods named
- 12:45 UEFA to launch proceedings against Bayern for offensive banner...
- 12:43 Lindsay Lohan 'lists her 36 lovers'... and that's just the celebrities