£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
Most read news
- 13:21 Widower dining with a photograph of his late wife proves that love...
- 13:17 SPOTTED! Liverpool target Victor Valdes arrives at Manchester hotel...
- 13:16 Man Utd News: Van Gaal's message to Chelsea's Mourinho, Pique deal...
- 13:08 Saving the Booty for the stage! Iggy Azalea covers up her famous...
- 13:07 Wine: Gems from France’s remote south west
- 13:05 You were s*** when you were a player! Aguero on Balotelli's...
- 12:37 Manchester United lining up Ezequiel Garay as an alternative to...
- 12:19 New £1.5m gastro pub on the way
- 12:08 Mesut Ozil wants to QUIT Arsenal and join Manchester City
- 11:42 Jamie Carragher: I want to return to Liverpool