£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
Most read news
- 15:56 Government under fire for being soft on Big Six green levy windfall
- 15:52 Bike Night revs up the coast
- 15:44 Blake Lively's Preserve lifestyle site: another pandering mess of...
- 15:43 Ministers warned over Scottish vote
- 15:39 Government borrowing is rising, but there is no sign of panic in...
- 15:38 Breaking: Body found in Doncaster quarry lake
- 15:18 Evil rapist behind bars
- 14:50 Why Arsene Wenger would have turned down the chance to sign...
- 12:16 Arsenal launch legal battle over number of concerts at Emirates...
- 11:31 Manchester United transfer news: Jurgen Klopp dismisses rumours...