£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
- 09:05 Euromillions: What is the jackpot for tonight's draw for Tuesday,...
- 09:04 Which? issues 'super-complaint' against 'misleading' supermarket...
- 08:47 Motorcycle crash on Middleton Boulevard causing bumper-to-bumper...
- 08:43 Newcastle boss to take route one to survival
- 08:42 Residents in two Normanton streets warned prostitutes are operating
- 08:39 Viewers steam over Poldark nudity
- 08:37 Sky profits boosted by strong demand
- 08:37 Julie Bishop presents David Pope cartoon to Charlie Hebdo staff in...
- 08:36 Klopp is the ‘perfect fit’ to succeed Wenger and his availability...
- 08:33 Conservatives warn Labour and SNP coalition is recipe for disaster