£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
Most read news
- 07:25 Napoli v Arsenal: Arsene Wenger focuses on next challenge after...
- 07:23 Peugeot confirms talks on Dongfeng deal, capital hike
- 07:18 Chelsea keeper Schwarzer revels in finally making Champions League...
- 07:18 Exclusive-Ford board aims to pin down CEO Mulally's plans
- 07:16 Some U.S. carriers deny accusation they refused to install 'kill...
- 07:14 Criminal action expected for JPMorgan in Madoff case-NYT
- 07:12 Nature trumps nurture in exam success: GCSE results 'mainly...
- 07:04 Lucan – TV review
- 07:02 Mandela: 'Fake' Signer Blames Schizophrenia
- 07:02 Ukraine government asks EU for €20bn in return for signing...