£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
Most read news
- 02:21 ’Ello ’ello ’ello new Leeds police base, bye bye old city HQ
- 02:19 Crying for Argentina: It has defaulted on its debts again and...
- 02:16 Siegfried Sassoon's war diaries published online
- 02:10 We haven’t cooled on the Arctic, says Shell as it rewards investors
- 01:48 France's Iliad challenges Sprint for control of T-Mobile
- 01:46 Scottish Gas owner defiant over bills
- 01:42 Gaza conflict: Israeli shelling of school which killed 15 was...
- 01:42 Dress the Gaza situation up all you like, but the truth hurts
- 01:42 UK border guards ill-prepared for ebola
- 01:37 A thrilling advance in gene science – but only if we share