£46m Shrewsbury mental health centre sets opening date
Shrewsbury’s new £46 million mental health centre will open to the public in mid-September, health bosses announced today.
The Redwoods Centre, which is replacing Shelton Hospital, will open its doors on September 13, with the South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust marking the opening by holding its AGM on the same day.
Patients will not move in until later in the month, so the Trust is taking the opportunity to throw open its doors to service users, carers, staff, family, friends and interested members of the public.
There will be an opportunity to look around the new building, meet some of the staff, and admire the specially commissioned art work – some... read more
Most read news
- 16:13 Restaurant review: The Ox, Edinburgh
- 16:11 Crash mat fundraiser in Westwoodside by dance academy
- 16:00 Festive bin collections
- 15:59 TRANSFER NEWS: Origi's Liverpool return, City's Sterling bid,...
- 15:58 Buckfast Santa tweet slammed by health campaigners
- 15:58 Manchester City vs Crystal Palace: Joe Hart and Pablo Zabaleta...
- 15:57 Move to Manchester? Not if you want to live in one of the country's...
- 15:54 Joe Hart: Man City a team of winners
- 15:35 Christian Benteke owns Manchester United defence to score Aston...
- 15:33 Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock slams 'disgraceful decision' as...