Aldi jobs “fabulous”
SUPERMARKET giant Aldi has pledged to create over 200 jobs for the Dearne at its new distribution centre at Goldthorpe, on which work will begin within months.
Dearne councillors welcome the development with its expected boost to local employment, and claim increased traffic should not present problems, if agreed planning terms are adhered to.
Aldi’s plans include a service station, 180 car spaces and a lorry park along with the main building on the site off Commercial Road. Planning permission for the £25 million development was granted in 2008, and was renewed at the end of last year.
Objections were lodged originally by residents concerned about part infringement on Green Belt land,... read more
Most read news
- 02:58 Suicide survival stories must be told, says Australian mental...
- 02:44 Death Row Inmate Takes Two Hours To Die
- 02:42 MORNING MEETING: Mark Carney's big idea for the Bank of England
- 02:42 Pained Glaxo sees sales take turn for the worse
- 02:42 TalkTalk hopes a deal with BSkyB will take off
- 02:42 Market report: B&M a brand winner
- 02:40 Sheffield United top dogs in third flight: betting
- 02:21 New bird species 'face extinction'
- 02:18 Jim Armitage: The Russians won’t skip the country just yet
- 02:18 Market Report: From oil to tech, deal fever is gripping the City