Aldi jobs “fabulous”
SUPERMARKET giant Aldi has pledged to create over 200 jobs for the Dearne at its new distribution centre at Goldthorpe, on which work will begin within months.
Dearne councillors welcome the development with its expected boost to local employment, and claim increased traffic should not present problems, if agreed planning terms are adhered to.
Aldi’s plans include a service station, 180 car spaces and a lorry park along with the main building on the site off Commercial Road. Planning permission for the £25 million development was granted in 2008, and was renewed at the end of last year.
Objections were lodged originally by residents concerned about part infringement on Green Belt land,... read more
Most read news
- 15:56 HSBC faces backlash after closing accounts held by certain UK...
- 15:56 Northumberland residents won’t be left out in the cold
- 15:51 No further action in Moyes claim
- 15:51 Britain pledges an extra £3m for Gaza as UN school is attacked by...
- 14:30 'Skywalker' signature rejected by passport officials
- 14:26 Police name 12-year-old cyclist who died in collision as Jake Mitchell
- 13:43 Update: Man killed in industrial accident in Grantham is named locally
- 13:35 Arsenal transfer boost as Sporting Lisbon put William Carvalho up...
- 11:25 VIDEO: Major blaze on Wellingborough industrial estate
- 11:12 Arsenal lose High Court battle over staging concerts at Emirates...