Aldi jobs “fabulous”
SUPERMARKET giant Aldi has pledged to create over 200 jobs for the Dearne at its new distribution centre at Goldthorpe, on which work will begin within months.
Dearne councillors welcome the development with its expected boost to local employment, and claim increased traffic should not present problems, if agreed planning terms are adhered to.
Aldi’s plans include a service station, 180 car spaces and a lorry park along with the main building on the site off Commercial Road. Planning permission for the £25 million development was granted in 2008, and was renewed at the end of last year.
Objections were lodged originally by residents concerned about part infringement on Green Belt land,... read more
Most read news
- 01:43 Merry, sustainable, Christmas
- 01:34 Farage's approval rating slips
- 01:34 Plan 'could double 999 wait times'
- 01:34 Child abuse panel faces axe threat
- 01:34 Festive drivers 'drugalyse' threat
- 01:34 Fury over club's move to sign Evans
- 01:33 Crawley 1-2 Port Vale: What Vale fans made of the game
- 01:29 Winter Solstice 2014: Google Doodle marks shortest day of the year
- 01:28 Philadelphia Eagles' season goes from bad to worse with defeat in...
- 01:14 Sunderland manager Gus Poyet has forged an imperious record against...