Aldi jobs “fabulous”
SUPERMARKET giant Aldi has pledged to create over 200 jobs for the Dearne at its new distribution centre at Goldthorpe, on which work will begin within months.
Dearne councillors welcome the development with its expected boost to local employment, and claim increased traffic should not present problems, if agreed planning terms are adhered to.
Aldi’s plans include a service station, 180 car spaces and a lorry park along with the main building on the site off Commercial Road. Planning permission for the £25 million development was granted in 2008, and was renewed at the end of last year.... read more
- 05:38 Paris terror attacks changed George Osborne's mind on huge...
- 05:38 Holly has kidney failure and is being kept alive by a dialysis...
- 05:28 North Wales winter weather battle begins
- 05:23 Brazil to sue Samarco mining firm $5.2bn over dam burst
- 05:20 Parliament can feel a long way from Lincolnshire... but our work...
- 05:20 LETTER: "Ann Summers aims to give women sexual confidence not cause...
- 05:11 Japan to resume whaling in Antarctic despite court ruling
- 05:10 Cop finds burglar raiding his home
- 05:08 John Sentamu: A pilgrim's progress in the company of Christ
- 05:07 Debate on grammar schools in the Commons