Aldi jobs “fabulous”
SUPERMARKET giant Aldi has pledged to create over 200 jobs for the Dearne at its new distribution centre at Goldthorpe, on which work will begin within months.
Dearne councillors welcome the development with its expected boost to local employment, and claim increased traffic should not present problems, if agreed planning terms are adhered to.
Aldi’s plans include a service station, 180 car spaces and a lorry park along with the main building on the site off Commercial Road. Planning permission for the £25 million development was granted in 2008, and was renewed at the end of last year.
Objections were lodged originally by residents concerned about part infringement on Green Belt land,... read more
Most read news
- 06:18 Derbyshire family's heartache after drink-driver, Thomas Eyre, took...
- 06:16 Anger as thieves strip church pathway
- 06:15 Increased police presence in Hartlepool for Bank Holiday revelry
- 06:15 Hartlepool’s man in black who has refereed 2,500 games
- 06:15 Sunderland deal for Liverpool ace Fabio Borini is still on says Gus...
- 06:13 Man jailed after wielding golf club
- 06:11 Final unit remains at South Yorkshire retail park
- 06:09 New Wath recruit helps shape future of advice services
- 06:07 Search on to find the best
- 06:05 TERRACE TALK: Scunthorpe United need more of a cutting edge to...