Aldi jobs “fabulous”
SUPERMARKET giant Aldi has pledged to create over 200 jobs for the Dearne at its new distribution centre at Goldthorpe, on which work will begin within months.
Dearne councillors welcome the development with its expected boost to local employment, and claim increased traffic should not present problems, if agreed planning terms are adhered to.
Aldi’s plans include a service station, 180 car spaces and a lorry park along with the main building on the site off Commercial Road. Planning permission for the £25 million development was granted in 2008, and was renewed at the end of last year.
Objections were lodged originally by residents concerned about part infringement on Green Belt land,... read more
- 08:00 IN COURT: Who’s been sentenced from Corby, Higham Ferrers,...
- 08:00 Post office branch in Corby supermarket to close in January
- 07:58 New artisan bakery in Northampton to help female ex-offenders
- 07:52 Rape is more common in Sweden than India
- 07:51 Wilder backing Potter to match Holmes impact at Northampton
- 07:51 Soldier encouraged girl, 15, to send naked pictures
- 07:49 Around 25 Kenyan police killed in al Shabaab attacks
- 07:46 Your stomach rumbling doesn't mean you're hungry
- 07:44 Troubled Malaysia Airlines to be completely revamped - new CEO
- 07:32 £48m solar energy park opens on outskirts of Scunthorpe