Artwork created by children in care
A piece of artwork reflecting the thoughts and experiences of young people in care in Rochdale is to go on public display.
The painting was created by young people aged seven to 19, with the help of The Children's Society in Rochdale.
Participants were asked a series of questions about their experiences, and a picture was then created using a combination of images and words to represent their thoughts and emotions.
Members of the group are part of The Children's Society in Rochdale's Children in Care Council Listen Up Group. Their artwork will go on display at Rochdale Touchstones Museum and Balderstone Library.
Circle Steele, programme manager of the Children's Society in Rochdale, said:... read more
Most read news
- 07:07 South Tyneside could scoop two top tourism prizes
- 07:06 DEVOLUTION: County needs a rural deal
- 07:06 South Koreans trying to launch anti-North leaflets clash with...
- 07:05 War hero’s medals are a rare auction lot
- 06:59 Pellegrini confident of Hart deal
- 06:59 Delph out until 2015
- 06:56 A letter to … the wife of my former lover
- 06:56 Family life: Butlins in the 50s, Sunday Girl by Blondie and Scotch...
- 06:53 PROUD POOLIES: Flying the flag for Hartlepool in Brazil
- 06:51 Sam blooms in wedding floristry awards