Artwork created by children in care
A piece of artwork reflecting the thoughts and experiences of young people in care in Rochdale is to go on public display.
The painting was created by young people aged seven to 19, with the help of The Children's Society in Rochdale.
Participants were asked a series of questions about their experiences, and a picture was then created using a combination of images and words to represent their thoughts and emotions.
Members of the group are part of The Children's Society in Rochdale's Children in Care Council Listen Up Group. Their artwork will go on display at Rochdale Touchstones Museum and Balderstone Library.
Circle Steele, programme manager of the Children's Society in Rochdale, said:... read more
- 17:10 Unlock your iPhone with a SELFIE: Apple wins patent that...
- 17:01 'Armed attackers shot in raid' at Istanbul police HQ
- 17:00 Home Secretary Theresa May visits Woodhall Spa
- 16:53 14 things nobody tells you about getting engaged
- 16:53 Here's the one-minute flossing technique everyone should learn
- 16:48 Is this hillside hiding the world's oldest pyramid? Ancient...
- 16:44 Comedian Jasper Carrott to perform in Grimsby
- 16:20 Doting mother Kimberley Walsh keeps it chic in leather sleeved...
- 16:20 A mother's love! Katie Price plants a kiss on her daughter Bunny's...
- 16:05 Raheem Sterling BREAKS SILENCE on Liverpool future amid Arsenal and...