Artwork created by children in care
A piece of artwork reflecting the thoughts and experiences of young people in care in Rochdale is to go on public display.
The painting was created by young people aged seven to 19, with the help of The Children's Society in Rochdale.
Participants were asked a series of questions about their experiences, and a picture was then created using a combination of images and words to represent their thoughts and emotions.
Members of the group are part of The Children's Society in Rochdale's Children in Care Council Listen Up Group. Their artwork will go on display at Rochdale Touchstones Museum and Balderstone Library.
Circle Steele, programme manager of the Children's Society in Rochdale, said:... read more
Most read news
- 13:14 Greek PM appoints new defence, development ministers
- 13:09 Halloween food: pop-ups, foodie parties and devilish menus in London
- 12:42 Manchester City vs Manchester United: Yaya Toure names Angel Di...
- 12:12 Eden Hazard: Why Chelsea captain John Terry is so important
- 12:04 Arsene Wenger: It's unrealistic to think Arsenal can catch Chelsea...
- 11:48 Pep Guardiola to succeed Arsene Wenger? Arsenal will join race for...
- 11:14 Ahead of the derby Man Utd's biggest concern is Radamel Falcao -...
- 11:05 Man City star Yaya Toure makes shock Man United and Liverpool...
- 10:57 Man Utd News: Falcao DONE DEAL, LVG wants Liverpool and Spurs...
- 10:49 TEAM NEWS: Arsenal in CRISIS mode as injuries pile up ahead of...