Artwork created by children in care
A piece of artwork reflecting the thoughts and experiences of young people in care in Rochdale is to go on public display.
The painting was created by young people aged seven to 19, with the help of The Children's Society in Rochdale.
Participants were asked a series of questions about their experiences, and a picture was then created using a combination of images and words to represent their thoughts and emotions.
Members of the group are part of The Children's Society in Rochdale's Children in Care Council Listen Up Group. Their artwork will go on display at Rochdale Touchstones Museum and Balderstone Library.
Circle Steele, programme manager of the Children's Society in Rochdale, said:... read more
Most read news
- 10:10 RSA chief quits as insurer warns on profit again
- 10:07 Foxconn Overtime 'Excessive' Says Apple Probe
- 10:02 Work off festive dinner with walk
- 10:01 Boss of insurance giant RSA quits as Irish 'black hole' and...
- 10:00 Arrests Over 'Racial Hatred' After Spurs Game
- 09:58 Peugeot shares fall as General Motors sells its shareholding
- 09:56 Labour MP Nick Brown's Christmas Card takes aim at Cameron, Rebekah...
- 09:16 Who's the mystery Arsenal player getting balls kicked at him by...
- 09:02 United fans have their say: Sportsmail takes to the streets of...
- 08:41 Arsenal tussle with Man Utd in race for Antoine Griezmann