Artwork created by children in care
A piece of artwork reflecting the thoughts and experiences of young people in care in Rochdale is to go on public display.
The painting was created by young people aged seven to 19, with the help of The Children's Society in Rochdale.
Participants were asked a series of questions about their experiences, and a picture was then created using a combination of images and words to represent their thoughts and emotions.
Members of the group are part of The Children's Society in Rochdale's Children in Care Council Listen Up Group. Their artwork will go on display at Rochdale Touchstones Museum and Balderstone Library.
Circle Steele, programme manager of the Children's Society in Rochdale, said:... read more
Most read news
- 10:10 North Korea to bar foreign tourists over Ebola concerns - tour...
- 10:10 Ched Evans should be allowed back in football but clubs shouldn't...
- 10:07 Lincoln United have play-off places in sights
- 10:07 Power station due to reopen
- 10:04 Ebola epidemic: fake emails from World Health Organization used by...
- 10:03 VIDEO: Price Is Right contestant gets VERY excited after big win
- 10:03 MOST WATCHED: Kim K 1994 home video, Lynda Bellingham last...
- 10:00 County’s windfarms debated in the Lords
- 09:52 Steven Defour: Why Arsenal are nowhere near as good as Borussia...
- 09:44 Russian journalists set up shop in Latvia after Kremlin crackdown