BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
Most read news
- 00:16 Gandhi murder film ban over violence fear
- 00:10 Malaysia mourns as MH17 dead are brought home
- 00:10 Kiev fury at Russian aid convoy ‘invasion’
- 00:10 Challenge of taming Generation Jihad still poses more questions...
- 00:10 Tim Sherwood column: 'It started as a three-horse race but turned...
- 00:08 Strong homes market fuels growth for retail brands
- 23:54 Mario Balotelli takes 50 per cent pay cut to join Liverpool as...
- 23:37 Police hunt sneak thief who stole purse
- 23:11 Mario Balotelli "will lose £2million a year if he misbehaves at...
- 21:14 Entertainment Week: Daniel Radcliffe Talks Romance