BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
Most read news
- 22:52 Mind the Gap! Man United boss Louis van Gaal aiming to turn the...
- 22:52 Pablo Zabaleta: Beating Man United can get our season back on track
- 22:39 Alan Irvine hopes missing out on Leicester's Leonardo Ulloa doesn't...
- 22:39 Nigel Pearson demands more from Leicester in bid to reverse slide...
- 22:39 Arsene Wenger: Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez has instincts like...
- 22:32 Murder investigation launched after man shot dead in Openshaw
- 22:15 Fire brigade battle huge blaze at primary school in Northenden
- 22:12 Tommy Docherty interview: The Doc who put Manchester United down...
- 21:55 Norwich 2 - Bolton 1: Cameron Jerome at the double as Canaries soar...
- 21:07 Arsenal News: Khedira to Man Utd, Hummels deal AGREED, Rabiot blow