BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
Most read news
- 20:38 First, David Cameron should bring his own tax havens to book
- 20:32 Residents invited to meet housing team
- 20:20 David Beckham’s son Brooklyn training with Queens Park Rangers
- 20:02 Xbox One launch as it happened: Microsoft unveils its latest...
- 19:42 Microsoft reveal their new console will be called Xbox One - and...
- 19:42 Practice may NOT make perfect: Innate talent is what's required for...
- 16:49 'Manchester United broke my heart': Jurgen Klopp slams how Shinji...
- 16:45 Arsenal close to Sanogo switch, but what about Jovetic and Higuain?
- 16:42 Tony Pulis leaves Stoke City after seven years in charge at the...
- 15:44 Arsenal considering options as Fiorentina continue to hold-out on...