BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
Most read news
- 21:22 Venezuela confirms it shot down plane near Aruba
- 21:05 The MEGAPAD is coming: First case design leaked for Apple's giant...
- 19:44 Polish gang jailed for a total of 64 years after "savage' attack on...
- 18:15 Arsene Wenger photobombs Arsenal photo shoot - manages to look like...
- 18:08 Brendan Rodgers eyeing TRIPLE swoop to revamp Liverpool's youth setup
- 17:33 How will Arsenal line up against Aston Villa?
- 17:12 SNAPPED: Diego Costa in training ground LUNGE on Chelsea skipper...
- 16:43 Borussia Dortmund star Mats Hummels AGREES £37m Manchester United deal
- 16:12 Man Utd v Leicester: Ander Herrera's return and more things to look...
- 15:13 Gary Neville reveals all on Man United's move for non-league kid...