BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
Most read news
- 07:21 VIDEO: ‘Giving youngsters their chance in the spotlight’
- 07:17 OPINION: Benefits of apprentices
- 07:16 Buisness owner’s anger after immigration raid at busiest time
- 07:08 Kitchen firm gives trainees helping hand on career leader
- 07:07 Ex-MSP Bill Walker to appeal abuse conviction
- 07:02 Enjoy a free hot drink on us
- 07:02 WEATHER: Patchy rain, bright windy afternoon in Lincolnshire
- 07:01 Dispelling the nightmares of post-traumatic stress disorder
- 07:00 Family chippy Shaw batters opposition
- 06:52 Group shuts after raising £750k for charity