BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
Most read news
- 19:44 Fukushima's children at centre of debate over rates of thyroid cancer
- 19:40 SLIDESHOW: Point-to-point action, first race.
- 19:38 Cardiff City give themselves a glimmer of Premier League hope
- 19:35 Call for ban on e-cigarettes in public places
- 19:34 Warm weather to continue in Hartlepool and East Durham
- 19:33 Flood risk fear
- 19:30 The Tipster: Arsenal are odds-on favourites to win the FA Cup after...
- 19:24 Andy Murray stays mum on issue of Scottish independence
- 19:19 Audi celebrates its 16th birthday with new TT coupe: Ray Massey...
- 19:17 Route 94 scores number one single