BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
Most read news
- 12:35 Best of Christmas football offers relief from the worst of festive...
- 11:51 Arsenal "finalising' transfer deal to sign Liverpool target Xherdan...
- 11:39 College mourns loss of popular assistant
- 11:25 Arsenal on the VERGE of signing a defensive midfielder, who's also...
- 11:22 Steven Gerrard claims he admits to own mistakes amid talk of Dejan...
- 11:18 Manchester United don't need Kevin Strootman or Mats Hummels, says...
- 11:14 Didier Drogba: Why winning trophies at Chelsea is so important to me
- 10:58 Radamel Falcao REVEALS his inspiration for moving to Man United
- 10:26 Three ways of solving the injury crisis at Aston Villa and beating...
- 09:19 Arsene Wenger to choose between £50m Edinson Cavani or £31m Paulo...