BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
Most read news
- 21:49 Liverpool 5 Norwich City 1 match report: Luis Suarez scores four as...
- 21:49 Arsenal 2 Hull City 0 match report: Nicklas Bendtner and Mesut Ozil...
- 21:45 Man United 0 Everton 1: Moyes stunned by former club as Oviedo...
- 21:45 Liverpool 5 Norwich 1: It's the Suarez show! Striker nets four in...
- 21:45 Arsenal 2 Hull 0: Bendtner scores just two minutes in to first...
- 21:42 Mexico searches for stolen truck carrying radioactive material
- 21:39 HUSSEY EXCLUSIVE: Mr Cricket tells Hussain that Australia must...
- 21:35 Formula One: New Jersey race removed from 2014 calendar
- 21:35 English clubs to deliver uncompromising European message
- 21:33 Baptism of fire for Stokes! Rookie to make England Test debut in...