BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
Most read news
- 03:50 Alice Gross funeral to take place
- 03:34 Asian shares down following Wall Street's lead
- 03:29 Farmland value rises to £7,300 an acre but total area sold falls
- 03:17 On This Day in 1968: Who has been setting fire to Glasgow football...
- 03:17 Dundee look for new goalkeeper
- 03:17 Denayer will reject offer to extend his stay
- 03:17 Falkirk midfielder out until 2015
- 03:17 The wheels have come off Astra after drive to Europe
- 03:17 Getting it right could make for a derby spectacle
- 03:17 There is no right way to run a sport but those who do must be...