BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
- 18:05 Gardeners battle the wind and rain at Nottinghamshire's Flower...
- 18:04 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to...
- 18:04 Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal is garbage... I have no...
- 17:56 More than £800,000 given to local businesses via Grants4Growth fund
- 17:52 Roy Hodgson has finally seen sense in handing Southampton's Ryan...
- 17:50 Forever in our hearts: Moving ceremony honours Lee Rigby...
- 17:46 Leicester 13th in league table of UK's 'unhealthy' high streets
- 17:14 Manchester United transfer target Roberto Firmino scores...
- 16:43 Chelsea "are keeping tabs on Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric,...
- 14:33 Man Utd outcast set for SHOCK return