BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
Most read news
- 23:08 Three charged in plot to ship chemical lab equipment from U.S. to...
- 23:07 Judith Owen reveals how husband Harry Shearer - star of This Is...
- 22:57 "Ghost' caught on video running through stadium crowd in Bolivia's...
- 22:57 Barclays Attacked In Mystery 'Staff Letter'
- 22:56 Bill Jamieson: A clear need for honesty on future
- 22:56 Tom Peterkin: Landowners issue may be on hold
- 22:49 Madeleine McCann: British girl was assaulted in the same Portuguese...
- 22:49 'It will be difficult to do worse next season' - Tottenham...
- 22:42 UK inflation expectations fall to lowest since late 2009 - YouGov
- 22:05 Train Kick Selfie Guy is set to scoop up to $250,000 thanks to his...