BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
Most read news
- 20:18 Queen's racehorse Estimate tests positive for banned substance
- 20:18 Commonwealth Games 2014: The amazing athletes who are already winners
- 20:18 Commonwealth Games 2014: Glasgow takes baton as tournament gets up...
- 20:17 Credit Suisse posts big loss after U.S. tax settlement
- 20:13 Why do we have blood types?
- 20:09 Fireball As Train Slams Into Tractor-Trailer
- 20:04 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel ‘admits to shooting...
- 19:37 The best children's books for this summer: Outstanding tall stories...
- 19:30 Solar panel maker powers forward
- 15:53 Man United target £17m move and Man City to hijack Chelsea deal