BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
- 22:35 Floyd Mayweather eyes Las Vegas jackpot against Manny Pacquiao
- 22:34 Bad-boy Chris Hala'ufia slammed the head of stricken opponent into...
- 22:33 Migrant boat crisis: the story of the Greek hero on the beach
- 22:33 From the buried bunker, Hitler’s ghost still haunts Berlin’s...
- 22:33 Five ways to make your loyalty pay as banks and insurance companies...
- 22:33 Former board director at Guardian publisher John Myers tried to...
- 22:23 England led home by Cook after Jimmy Anderson rips up West Indies
- 22:16 Everton boss Roberto Martinez: Manchester United could win every...
- 19:51 Brendan Rodgers needs a real marquee signing for Liverpool this summer
- 17:43 Liverpool News: Man Utd target SECRET talks, Rodgers CONFIRMS...