BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
Most read news
- 04:46 Low carbon award for Aston University professor Dame Julia King
- 04:44 When music stops for Oracle CEO dance, Catz may grab Ellison's...
- 04:32 Nasa's Maven spacecraft arrives in Mars orbit after 442m-mile journey
- 04:25 Rocket Internet CEO stands to lift stake via options: report
- 04:08 Pensioner jailed over knife threat to security guard
- 03:51 More Ukrainian soldiers killed, Poroshenko defends peace plan
- 03:51 Turkey says no ransom paid for release of hostages held by Islamic...
- 03:51 Blasts in China's Xinjiang kill two; government censures officials
- 03:41 Jennifer Lawrence hit by new hacking scandal as explicit pictures...
- 03:38 Manchester City 1 Chelsea 1: 'Small team' extends their small lead...