BREAKING NEWS: Mum arrested in investigation over daughter’s death
A BULWELL mum has been arrested in connection with the death her baby daughter. Twenty-year-old Lisa Wood was taken into custody by police on suspicion of manslaughter over the death of ten-month-old Kacie Leigh Brookes.
She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Officers were called to her address on Saxelby Gardens just before midday on Thursday May 10. Kacie was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, where she was pronounced dead.
An inquest into the baby’s death was opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court on Monday May 21.
An initial Home Office post-mortem examaination gave the interim cause of death as consistent with drowning. Further... read more
Most read news
- 10:32 Johann Lamont resigns as Scottish Labour leader: Candidates in line...
- 10:31 X Factor winner Sam Bailey in Twitter troll hell after being...
- 10:28 MEN Sport's Stuart Brennan picks his team for the West Ham game
- 10:28 Hebburn doctor denies sexually assaulting four female patients
- 10:27 Ally McCoist: Rangers team need to concentrate on football and...
- 10:25 Russell Brand's quitting Hollywood because he's "not interested in...
- 10:25 Mesut Ozil wants to quit Arsenal in January and make Manchester...
- 10:23 BUSINESS: Spirit Pub Company rejects new bid for takeover from C&C...
- 10:20 London restaurant puts BRAIN burger on the menu for Halloween
- 10:20 Saturdays in your 20s vs Saturdays in your 30s