Buffy the Vampire Slayer actor Robin Sachs dies aged 61
British actor Robin Sachs, best known for his role in the hit TV series Buffy The Vampire Slayer, has died at the age of 61. His villainous character Ethan Rayne was the arch enemy of regular character Giles, played by Anthony Head.
The London-born actor also played the evil General Sarris opposite Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest.
His ex-wife Casey Defranco called him "a wonderful person, extraordinarily talented as an actor."
Staff on his official website wrote: "Please join us in raising a glass to Robin - goodbye, dear friend. Thank you for all the laughter and the cookies. We will miss you so very much."
Sachs' first role was with the British Hammer film studio, in the... read more
Most read news
- 12:03 E.ON credits cold snap not price hikes for UK gains
- 12:03 Candy Crush executives to make $2.2bn after float
- 12:03 Ferrexpo issues a warning over China slowdown
- 12:00 Man United join Arsenal and Spurs in three-way fight for Real...
- 11:59 Exclusive - EU approves framework and wording for sanctions on Russia
- 11:59 Diamond wedding celebrations for Norman and Mary
- 11:58 'It's hard to see a grown man cry' Cheryl Cole admits Cowell begged...
- 11:58 Police appeal after laptops, camera and mp3 stolen from Lincoln house
- 11:54 Boxing tycoon Barry Hughes jailed for three-and-a-half years for...
- 09:58 Fellaini ready to gamble for United in super Sunday showdown...