Buffy the Vampire Slayer actor Robin Sachs dies aged 61
British actor Robin Sachs, best known for his role in the hit TV series Buffy The Vampire Slayer, has died at the age of 61. His villainous character Ethan Rayne was the arch enemy of regular character Giles, played by Anthony Head.
The London-born actor also played the evil General Sarris opposite Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest.
His ex-wife Casey Defranco called him "a wonderful person, extraordinarily talented as an actor."
Staff on his official website wrote: "Please join us in raising a glass to Robin - goodbye, dear friend. Thank you for all the laughter and the cookies. We will miss you so very much."
Sachs' first role was with the British Hammer film studio, in the... read more
- 05:13 SAM CURTIS: I'm feeling my age now - but it's not as scary as my...
- 05:03 Don't panic over Wall Street's corporate 'earnings recession' hysteria
- 05:00 Guest columnist Roy Bainton remembers why we’re lucky to have a vote
- 04:58 Travel: Hebridean journey - walking in an earthly paradise
- 04:55 ECHO COMMENT: Baby's death is a concern for all patients
- 04:46 Dress worn by Vivien Leigh in Gone With The Wind sold for $137,000
- 04:43 Warning as 'e-waste' levels rise
- 04:38 Australia violating rights of refugee children by sending them to...
- 04:32 MY LINCOLN: 'I was brought up eating ice creams in Castle Square'
- 04:31 'Ukip councillor' assault caution