Buffy the Vampire Slayer actor Robin Sachs dies aged 61
British actor Robin Sachs, best known for his role in the hit TV series Buffy The Vampire Slayer, has died at the age of 61. His villainous character Ethan Rayne was the arch enemy of regular character Giles, played by Anthony Head.
The London-born actor also played the evil General Sarris opposite Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest.
His ex-wife Casey Defranco called him "a wonderful person, extraordinarily talented as an actor."
Staff on his official website wrote: "Please join us in raising a glass to Robin - goodbye, dear friend. Thank you for all the laughter and the cookies. We will miss you so very much."
Sachs' first role was with the British Hammer film studio, in the... read more
Most read news
- 04:22 Birdwatch: Cetti’s warbler
- 04:20 Pearson 'shocked' by Robson departure
- 04:18 Message to dog walkers at mating time
- 04:09 Tawny owls lead breeding success
- 03:54 Comment: Halt the obesity juggernaut
- 03:42 Third Washington School Shooting Victim Dies
- 03:30 Wolds Diary: Swotting up to hit the high notes
- 03:29 Musical chairs left programme sitting uncomfortably
- 03:20 'Poorest students up to £840 a year worse off'
- 03:17 Stamp collector jailed over images