Buffy the Vampire Slayer actor Robin Sachs dies aged 61
British actor Robin Sachs, best known for his role in the hit TV series Buffy The Vampire Slayer, has died at the age of 61. His villainous character Ethan Rayne was the arch enemy of regular character Giles, played by Anthony Head.
The London-born actor also played the evil General Sarris opposite Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest.
His ex-wife Casey Defranco called him "a wonderful person, extraordinarily talented as an actor."
Staff on his official website wrote: "Please join us in raising a glass to Robin - goodbye, dear friend. Thank you for all the laughter and the cookies. We will miss you so very much."
Sachs' first role was with the British Hammer film studio, in the... read more
Most read news
- 01:41 In Pictures: 50 landmark BBC Two shows
- 01:31 Bear bile draining: Help us call a halt to this barbaric cruelty
- 01:30 Entrepreneurs reveal their failures en route to success
- 01:28 World Cup 2014 countdown: France's shocking defence of their crown...
- 01:19 VW has agreed budget car concept, design - manager
- 01:00 Botox won't make you pretty: Favorite of the stars does not make...
- 01:00 Cash-strapped NHS trusts are 'blocking vital heart drugs to save...
- 00:58 Adele plans comeback at London's Albert Hall
- 00:50 Reviving the Red dynasty! Rodgers plans to build on legacy of...
- 00:50 Hull winger George Boyd: Best Tiger feat in history