Cameron must get a grip or he risks being ousted, says former Tory whip
David Cameron may no longer be the "master of his own destiny" if he does not "get a grip" on government, a former Tory chief whip has warned in the wake of heavy party defeats in last week's local elections.
Lord Ryder of Wensum said the Prime Minister needed to worry less about the 24-hour news agenda and concentrate on developing a “strategy and vision” for government.
The Prime Minister “lacks coherence” and needed to take charge before he loses his grip on power within the party, he said.
Daily policy announcements and “pointless gimmicks” should be left to junior ministers, while Mr Cameron sets out the “big picture”, he said, adding that the... read more
Most read news
- 12:09 New Xbox unveiled tonight is expected to lock games to its console...
- 11:38 Girl, nine, suffers head injuries after being knocked from bike by...
- 11:38 Tasty book idea to be a recipe for success
- 11:38 Pupils dance their way back in time
- 11:37 Glove is in the air: Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina admits being...
- 11:37 Appeal after charity theft
- 11:34 Oklahoma tornado latest: At least 91 dead including 20 children as...
- 11:32 Legendary Vulcan bomber takes to the skies once again
- 11:19 UK net firms block pirate movie websites
- 10:43 David Moyes to fight to keep Wayne Rooney, Gareth Bale to sign...