Carrie Underwood refuses to perform emotional track
Country star Carrie Underwood will never perform one of the songs from her new album live as the lyrics remind her of her late grandmother.
The singer's latest record, Blown Away, includes a track called Forever Changed, about a woman who mistakes her son for her husband.
Underwood reveals one of the writers was inspired by his mother's battle with Alzheimer's disease but the words make her think of her late grandmother and she can't bring herself to perform the haunting track.
She tells ABC's Nightline, "I get emotional even talking about this song to be honest. It's just beautiful. It just becomes very real... and I remember my grandmother at the end of her life, looking at my dad... read more
Most read news
- 14:25 Joyriders crash double-decker bus
- 14:04 Bank holiday fun in the sun: Find out what's on across Derbyshire
- 14:03 Time to talk: Brazilian hotshot Neymar won't be rushed as Santos...
- 13:56 Aid groups urge EU to fulfil commitments to Palestinians
- 13:53 FLOWER FESTIVAL: Thanks for helping us raise Â£2,954
- 13:52 Germany's Kion ready for IPO but not in a rush - report
- 13:52 Newbottle and Waddesdon open gates for Open Farm Sunday
- 13:52 Jingoism and war-worship must be overcome
- 13:46 Body of missing Robert Storey found
- 13:45 Sudan suspends two biggest dailies for critical coverage - editors