Catriona Shearer suffers on-air migraine attack
REPORTING Scotland newsreader Catriona Shearer had to be taken off air this morning after suffering a migraine attack on air while presenting a news bulletin.
Shearer, who was presenting the 8am news on BBC One, was cut short half-way through a piece on mudered Scots aid worker Kalil Dale after she suddenly got into difficulty pronouncing her words.
Thousands of viewers were then transferred to London. The next bulletin at 8.30am was presented by weather woman Gillian Smart.
One follower, Craig Paterson, Tweeted: “Hope Catriona Shearer is alright after seeing and hearing her stumble and stutter on the 8am reporting Scotland bulletin on BBC1.”
Another, Caroline Brown, posted:... read more
Most read news
- 17:35 Big success for sports day
- 17:29 48 rescued as boat runs aground
- 17:28 National Park numptys
- 17:27 Niger attacks launched from southern Libya - Niger's president
- 17:25 48 rescued as boat runs aground
- 17:25 Vintage 1976 Apple computer sold
- 17:20 Triumph car event at village castle
- 17:19 Boy takes knife into South Milford Primary School
- 17:17 Theatre review: Titus Andronicus, Swan Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon
- 17:17 Charles Darwent on the Birth of a Collection: Oh! The beauty, the...