Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
- 06:26 European Factors to Watch-Shares seen opening slightly higher
- 06:26 Lafarge, Holcim finalise members of future executive panel
- 06:26 Lib Dem Broccoliars follow Lib Dem leaks and Lib Dem tumshies.. Sir...
- 06:20 Police investigate after three teenagers at a county college fall...
- 06:16 Switzerland 'seeks Fifa arrests'
- 06:13 Notts TV celebrates first year as Britain's biggest local station
- 06:12 Plea for cancer-stricken Lincolnshire grandmother's early release...
- 06:07 Australia terrorist's children could be taken into care
- 06:06 Why India is captured by carbon
- 06:06 Hamas executed 23 Palestinians under cover of Gaza conflict, says...