Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
Most read news
- 21:01 Ex-Leader Nick Griffin Expelled From BNP
- 20:57 Cameron offers £7bn tax giveaway and warns vote for Ukip would let...
- 20:54 Ex-Scotland star James McFadden signs for St Johnstone until end of...
- 20:54 FAA gets more applications for drone use exemptions
- 20:48 Cassetteboy's hilarious remix of Cameron's conference speech is...
- 20:41 No protest for democracy is going to stop these students from...
- 20:41 Family of missing "jihadi bride' beg her to come home to Britain
- 20:37 Victoria Secrets: Queen Victoria's knickers go on sale (and they...
- 20:36 Jamie Carragher blasts Mario Balotelli, revealing he is not a fan...
- 20:35 Benefit freezes and the final nail in caring Conservatism’s coffin