Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
Most read news
- 17:27 Motherwell 1 St Johnstone 1: Sutton turns it around for the Steelmen
- 17:26 Watch out Westeros: Frozen pine cone looks just like dragon egg
- 17:22 US government says Israel plans for 450 new illegal settlement...
- 17:22 Isis admits it was defeated in Kobani but vows to take it back
- 17:20 Police to review CCTV after protests at Bloomfield Road
- 17:20 Northern Football Alliance round-up (Saturday, January 31)
- 17:07 Stoke City 3-1 QPR: Jonathan Walters bags a hat-trick as Mark...
- 17:07 Sunderland 2 Burnley 0: Connor Wickham and Jermain Defoe seal vital...
- 16:58 Beckwood pub still seeking replacement for landlord who disappeared...
- 16:52 Euro zone prices fall at record-equalling pace in January