Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
Most read news
- 16:54 Plea to help pay for puppy's operation
- 16:47 Video: Watch Jupiter Ascending trailer showing Mila Kunis falling...
- 16:47 Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug...
- 16:47 Video: Queensland bat infestation cleared by council
- 16:46 F1: Double-points for final Grand Prix labelled 'absurd' by...
- 16:43 Norway's richest man gives chunk of fortune to charity
- 16:43 Briton pleads guilty to terror-related charges in U.S. court
- 16:39 The X Factor final 2013: What are the nine past winners doing now?
- 16:33 Transfer news: PSG did 'everything' they could to sign Cristiano...
- 16:29 Croatia considers role in destruction of Syrian chemical weapons