Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
Most read news
- 06:34 Jane Howard's Adelaide Fringe diary: Street Theatre festival, A...
- 06:29 Here for the beer - and the entertainment
- 06:29 Detective ‘swore at medics before arrest’
- 06:27 The secrets of Demi Moore's immortal good looks and Hollywood's...
- 06:27 Sarah Brown: Victoria slaved in a gold mine aged 12 - your cash...
- 06:27 TV Licence Dodgers May Not Be Prosecuted
- 06:26 Superbug kills 17 people and hundreds have been infected by...
- 06:26 How best friends' matching gastric band operations turned them into...
- 06:25 Onside: Middlesbrough graduates grasping loan opportunities –...
- 06:21 Tom Richmond: Sir Ken would never tolerate such unprofessional service