Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
- 10:16 Metheringham Fayre and Feast cancelled after 26 years
- 10:15 Józef Wesolowski, defendant in Vatican's first child abuse trial, dies
- 10:13 Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin has the best defensive...
- 10:11 Lazar Markovic happy to be leaving Liverpool as Fenerbahce close on...
- 10:11 Baby Butch believes it's make or break time for his career
- 09:56 Rude awakening: three essential rules for writing good sex
- 09:55 £7.20 fare dodger from Derby told to pay £570
- 09:55 Europa League draw 2015-16 guide: Pots, time and more as Liverpool,...
- 09:42 Second-quarter UK growth steady at 0.7%
- 09:29 Joseph Tsang wanted after failing to appear for sexual offences case