Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
Most read news
- 06:53 New access planned for Vale Academy, Brigg
- 06:48 Burning questions to be answered
- 06:44 China says will not alter policy because of one economic indicator
- 06:44 EU mulls tapping unused rescue funds to boost investment - paper
- 06:43 Success for Ellie at Cowal
- 06:25 Vital IT service celebrates 20 years in Dewsbury
- 06:25 Fashion in Leeds to return to its roots with new venture, says...
- 06:24 PESTICIDES: It is testing we need, not opinion
- 06:24 Birmingham defence firm McGeoch Technology still fighting fit after...
- 06:23 Vital IT service celebrates 20 years in Dewsbury