Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
Most read news
- 16:19 New forum gives lift to ‘play local’
- 16:17 Magnificent day for a walk in Buxton
- 16:16 Real ales, music and fun at beer festival
- 16:15 VIDEO: Performers’ excitement at being involved in The Great North...
- 16:09 Grandma Barbara is first resident of ‘Jezzie Jailhouse’
- 15:50 Premier League: Norwich City v Liverpool match preview
- 15:50 PFA Player of the Year: The past 10 winners - but what trend could...
- 15:43 Bomb blast kills 14 at mosque in Syria's Homs - state TV
- 15:34 New Books Party: books received this week
- 15:19 Breaking News: 9-year-old boy airlifted to hospital after being...