Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
- 10:02 10 ways I would improve Nottingham: Insert Jake Bugg as the mayor...
- 09:59 China robot event showcases service, sport and dancing robots
- 09:56 'My quarantine is over!' Khloe Kardashian says she is healing from...
- 09:56 Meet the new nanny: Gavin Rossdale emerges with new childminder on...
- 09:56 Just peachy! Natasha Oakley shows off her picture perfect posterior...
- 09:50 Heart-wrenching to leave static home in Alvaston Park - but it...
- 09:48 Two youths threaten London shop worker with machete and sword
- 09:46 Tesco worker threatened with knife during robbery in Heywood
- 09:46 Winter deaths 'highest since 1999'
- 09:44 Pregnant Chrissy Teigen clutches growing baby bump in a printed...