Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
Most read news
- 12:24 MH17: 'Plan To Drop Other Plane Parts At Site'
- 12:24 Check-In Staff Haunted By Memories Of MH17
- 12:22 Man seriously hurt in Wellingborough in collision with car
- 12:22 EU refers Italy to court over Milan airport state aid
- 12:21 Police probe white surrender flags on New York's Brooklyn Bridge
- 12:03 Arsene Wenger is right, Arsenal do NOT need another centre-forward
- 11:17 Arsenal make offer to sign Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas on...
- 11:15 Manchester United unveil new away kit: White strip will be last...
- 11:00 Liverpool transfer news: Loic Remy undergoes medical in Boston...
- 09:59 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with...