Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
Most read news
- 02:12 Health claims about vitamin D examined
- 02:00 John McAfee resurfaces as ranting video star, mocks McAfee software
- 01:51 School librarian finds fake Blake poem
- 01:40 Gabz rushes out Talent single
- 01:40 Premiere kicks off film festival
- 01:39 Miss Saigon to return to West End in 2014
- 01:38 Nvidia's stock jumps on license plan; Wall Street eyes Apple
- 01:37 Price-cutting hits profits at H&M
- 01:07 Italy 4 Japan 3: Penalty king Balotelli scores AGAIN from the spot...
- 00:17 Liverpool sign 14-year-old Kane from Bristol City as focus on youth...