Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
- 07:18 Kick Off 2015: Analysing Burton Albion's League One rivals - part one
- 07:14 Russell Brand on hand to deliver fine performance at a charity...
- 07:13 South Africa's circular economy could be a lifeline for its mass...
- 07:12 South Africa and Bangladesh settle for draw after second Test is a...
- 07:09 Hull FC: Curtis Naughton wants games as long-term deal on hold for now
- 07:08 Private sector pay holds region back
- 07:04 Attacks continue on Nelson shops
- 07:02 Is wearable technology set to take over our wardrobes?
- 06:31 Celtic demand answers from Champions League opponents Qarabag as...
- 06:15 Transfer News: Man Utd eye record Bale deal, Busquets to Arsenal...