Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
- 18:19 Man United HIJACK Chelsea bid for Stoke star Asmir Begovic
- 18:14 It's On! Japanese megarobot makers accept US inventors challenge to...
- 18:06 Post-sanctions Iran 'could be the best emerging market for years to...
- 17:56 Juventus: We could sell Manchester United, Chelsea and Man City...
- 17:54 Peakstones Rock Brewery open first pub
- 17:19 Cardoza: Cobblers in talks with Newcastle United about Toney deal
- 16:56 DONE DEAL: Manchester United miss out on Italian international
- 14:45 Done Deal: Manchester United complete move for 20-goal striker
- 14:39 Man United favourite seals shock Valencia switch
- 13:49 Manchester United "enter talks with Gregory van der Wiel, he wants...