Children of mothers over 40 'are healthier and more intelligent and less likely to have accidents'
They might be harder to catch - and no doubt leave their mothers more exhausted - but children born to mums over 40 are healthier and brighter than those of younger women.
The offspring of older women are less likely to have accidents or need hospital care and more likely to have been vaccinated early, a study found.
They will also develop a broader vocabulary from a young age and achieve higher scores in IQ tests in a range of measures up to the age of five.
Most read news
- 19:29 Mazda takes the wraps off its feisty new CX-3 compact crossover
- 19:27 Regin, new computer spying bug, discovered by Symantec
- 19:09 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd's BIG offer to get Arsenal target,...
- 18:38 Missing man may have travelled to Whitby
- 18:23 Why Manchester United did not sell their soul along with Danny Welbeck
- 18:11 Arsene Wenger must change or he will be sacked by Arsenal
- 18:00 Hull 1-2 Tottenham: Christian Eriksen scores late winner for Spurs...
- 17:56 Brendan Rodgers "to be replaced at Liverpool by Borussia Dortmund...
- 17:40 Falcao returns to Man Utd training
- 17:03 If Celtic want to conquer a world, they will have to look beyond...