Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane... read more
- 09:53 'They're scraping the barrel!': Strictly Come Dancing's Jay...
- 09:53 Nicola McLean puts on a VERY busty display in sheer black top as...
- 09:53 Lady C REFUSES to take part in Bushtucker Trial on I'm A...
- 09:50 Black Friday 2015: Where to get the best tech deals
- 09:49 Leading bishops to mark church's centenary milestone
- 09:49 Woman robbed after drawing out money from cash machine
- 09:47 Cyclist hit by lorry in Marfleet Lane, east Hull
- 09:46 Light parade tops off town's big festive day
- 09:46 Therapy to help you beat your fear of the dentist: Four in five...
- 09:44 Drivers' delight as Asda slashes price of a litre of unleaded...