Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane interchanges.
Halton Borough Council has apologised for the inconvenience, which has so far seen drivers face... read more
Most read news
- 08:34 Earthquake measuring 3.2 on the Richter scale recorded in Rutland...
- 08:32 Stevie May in no hurry to leave St Johnstone as he sets his sights...
- 08:27 The 10 miserable stages of working the bank holiday weekend
- 08:27 Easter 2014: 10 weird Easter traditions to try this bank holiday
- 08:27 8 things you *could* do to make the most of the long Easter bank...
- 08:27 Beginning of the end at biggest asylum
- 08:27 Man died after fall during nine-hour Christmas drink binge
- 08:22 South West Hoping For Easter Tourism Boost
- 08:20 Another earthquake reported in Leicestershire and Rutland
- 08:15 Manchester City working on £250million Lionel Messi transfer deal