Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane interchanges.
Halton Borough Council has apologised for the inconvenience, which has so far seen drivers face... read more
Most read news
- 14:01 Film Review - Fury: Brad Pitt stars in Second World War is a bloodbath
- 13:49 TEAM NEWS: Diego Costa could feature for Chelsea against Man Utd...
- 13:30 Diego Costa has 'chance' of starting but Loic Remy 'will not play'...
- 13:14 Arjen Robben backing Chelsea and Arsenal for Champions League glory
- 12:49 David Dein: I love Arsenal.. I miss all the jousting, the...
- 12:10 Manchester United's Falcao is a tiger on the prowl - he can rip...
- 11:43 Newcastle owner Mike Ashley pays surprise visit to White Hart Lane
- 11:43 Manchester United line up MONSTER £90m bid to bring Gareth Bale to...
- 10:53 Ajax admit interest in taking Man United star Adnan Januzaj on loan
- 09:29 Man killed in Hebden Bridge hit-and-run