Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane interchanges.
Halton Borough Council has apologised for the inconvenience, which has so far seen drivers face... read more
Most read news
- 10:17 Which A-levels would give my daughter the best start in life?
- 10:15 Competition: Voting is now open to crown the winner of Worksop’s...
- 10:14 Colin packs his bags for UKIP – but not this year
- 10:12 Liverpool FC youngster Jordan Rossiter keeping his feet firmly on...
- 10:09 Arsene Wenger says Arsenal can definitely still beat Chelsea to win...
- 09:45 Liverpool idol Jamie Carragher: City would want Man United star...
- 09:29 Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher: How Man United should line up...
- 09:22 Man City's Silva injury fears
- 09:03 Football transfer rumours: Manchester United move for Abdul Majeed...
- 08:45 PAPER REVIEW: Liverpool rocked, Man Utd boost, Man City boss' pressure