Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane interchanges.
Halton Borough Council has apologised for the inconvenience, which has so far seen drivers face... read more
Most read news
- 06:39 U.N. condemns Islamic State's 'barbaric terrorist acts' in Iraq
- 06:39 Historic Nottingham thoroughfare to be brought back to life
- 06:37 Restructuring leads to 17 job losses at Grimsby Institute - but...
- 06:36 Hull KR coach Chris Chester wary of Wigan Warriors backlash
- 06:26 India's Jaitley goes for growth, slower fiscal deficit cuts
- 06:26 £1,000 reward after buzzard dies 'from illegal trap'
- 06:21 Pictured: 'Selfie' joyriders pose next to stolen cars as victims...
- 06:21 RSPCA closing in on illegal dog fighting gang after breeder who had...
- 06:20 Mr Selfridge's Kara Tointon: 'I'm obsessed with Eva Mendes'
- 06:14 Hull FC: We MUST get off to fast-start against Salford Red Devils