Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane interchanges.
Halton Borough Council has apologised for the inconvenience, which has so far seen drivers face... read more
Most read news
- 00:58 Where does Isis get its money from? US steps up the battle to find out
- 00:54 The One That Tests Your Friends Knowledge
- 00:51 UK to face more extreme weather as climate change pushes...
- 00:44 Van Gaal FUMING as Man Utd collapse at Leicester
- 00:44 Angry Mauricio Pochettino BLASTS Spurs squad over WBA defeat
- 00:44 Manchester City 1 - Chelsea 1: Lampard breaks through Mourinho...
- 00:38 Brendan Rodgers urges Liverpool to forget tired excuse of Champions...
- 00:34 Core values ensure Apple stays top of brand list
- 00:33 Half of all cancers found at late stage, new report finds
- 00:24 We are broken by Hannah’s death, says family