Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane interchanges.
Halton Borough Council has apologised for the inconvenience, which has so far seen drivers face... read more
Most read news
- 06:11 Special report: 400 jobs at risk as Salford council looks to save...
- 06:11 Police issue CCTV images of suspects wanted over armed robbery at...
- 06:11 Private land owners urged to help restore areas of ancient woodland...
- 06:11 Council gives go ahead for new Sheffield supermarket
- 06:09 Insider chic: the fashion label created behind bars
- 06:08 Ex-soap star reveals why she turned down return to ITV show Emmerdale
- 06:08 Laygate upils learn how to walk like an Egyptian and more
- 06:08 Jarrow pupils hits the streets in national campaign
- 06:07 China to force bosses at central government-run firms to reveal pay...
- 06:02 GUEST COLUMN: ‘I wanted to be an MP at 13’