Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane interchanges.
Halton Borough Council has apologised for the inconvenience, which has so far seen drivers face... read more
- 10:59 Gunmen kill 20 bus passengers in Pakistan attack
- 10:56 Take That star Gary Barlow stuns Liverpool couple at Formby Hall...
- 10:56 Man Utd Transfer News: FIVE man target list, defender BOOST,...
- 10:55 Nottingham Jazz Diary with Jeanie Barton, May 30-June 4
- 10:49 Burundi election body's vice president has fled country: sources
- 10:43 England vs New Zealand LIVE: Follow day two of the second Test at...
- 10:42 U.S.-Egyptian released from Egypt jail: family
- 10:41 Tried to steal caravan: Hull court listings (May 30, 2015)
- 10:35 China tells workplaces they must have Communist Party units
- 10:27 I paid for everything when I went travelling with my ex-boyfriend...