Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane interchanges.
Halton Borough Council has apologised for the inconvenience, which has so far seen drivers face... read more
Most read news
- 00:28 Postcard from... Rome
- 00:23 McLaren and Force India miss early tyre test
- 00:23 Steve Bunce: As Nelson Mandela's favourite fighter, 'Baby Jake'...
- 00:19 Korean automaker Ssangyong in bold bet on U.S. market
- 00:16 Video: World exclusive clip from 'The Railway Man'
- 00:16 The Sky Wept Fire: My Life as a Chechen Freedom Fighter by Mikail...
- 00:11 Nina Wadia would love EastEnders return and is now glad she wasn't...
- 00:11 Andrew Garfield says The Amazing Spider-Man 4 is nothing to do with...
- 00:08 Strictly Come Dancing split curse may have struck Kara Tointon and...
- 00:02 Dementia cure could be available within TWELVE years as G8 nations...