Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane interchanges.
Halton Borough Council has apologised for the inconvenience, which has so far seen drivers face... read more
- 19:54 Scientists: "Drinking makes you a better driver'
- 19:52 Holywell Town 4 Penrhyndeudraeth 2: John Haseldin targets treble...
- 19:50 Mum "looks like she's about to stamp on baby' in row with husband
- 19:46 General Election 2015 explained: Gambling
- 19:43 Jurgen Klopp and Rafa Benitez favourites for Liverpool job if...
- 19:43 Fire crews tackle blaze at Bottesford homes
- 19:09 Vigilante mob attack suspected paedophiles after luring them to...
- 18:07 Fire in row of cottages in Bottesford treated as potential crime scene
- 16:30 LOOK: Filming on Hollywood movie King Arthur moves to Snowdonia lake
- 16:05 Man Utd News: Reds launch bid for star, Di Maria revelation,...