Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane interchanges.
Halton Borough Council has apologised for the inconvenience, which has so far seen drivers face... read more
Most read news
- 14:49 Apple margin concerns fade, focus shifts to iPhone launch
- 14:37 Nike Co-Founder's Daughter-In-Law Arrested
- 14:36 Migrant boat massacre: Italy arrests five for murder of more than...
- 14:36 Lothian residents urged to lookout for pufflings
- 14:34 Femist artistic underwear gives a biology lesson on women’s...
- 13:51 Is it time Arsenal's forgotten man Abou Diaby showed his worth?
- 12:03 Arsene Wenger is right, Arsenal do NOT need another centre-forward
- 11:17 Arsenal make offer to sign Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas on...
- 11:15 Manchester United unveil new away kit: White strip will be last...
- 11:00 Liverpool transfer news: Loic Remy undergoes medical in Boston...