Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane... read more
- 01:55 When Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor starred in a student play
- 01:53 Why do crew shortages cause one in 10 train delays?
- 01:51 Auschwitz: Reinhold Hanning to go on trial in Germany
- 01:50 Police at scene after mystery loud explosion heard in Salford
- 01:40 China's curious cult of the mango
- 01:39 Labour MP sorry for placing Tunbridge Wells in wrong county
- 01:30 Are you a dramatic dater or in a socially involved couple?...
- 01:30 Why men always buy the cheaper chocolates for Valentine's day (but...
- 01:18 Arsenal injury news: Welbeck comeback, Coquelin returns
- 01:00 Rumour: Alexis Sanchez to earn big pay rise with new Arsenal contract