Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane interchanges.
Halton Borough Council has apologised for the inconvenience, which has so far seen drivers face... read more
Most read news
- 04:54 Rights group slams Thai detention of child migrants and refugees
- 04:47 Brazil's Silva looks presidential, but not a shoo-in
- 04:43 Appeal to stop prized Wedgwood Collection from being sold
- 04:38 Japan wage growth surges in July
- 04:28 Chris Kelly loses £500k bet after standing down as MP
- 03:12 Blind is seen at United but club left waiting for Falcao
- 02:40 Chelsea cash in on the £100m cast-offs as number of loanees playing...
- 01:13 Smith and Poleon out - Montenegro in at Leeds United
- 22:50 West Ham transfer news: Hammers hope to beat deadline with signing...
- 22:42 Radamel Falcao deal yet to be confirmed, Manchester United fans...