Closure of the Weston point Expressway northbound, Runcorn, causes lengthy delays for road users
MAINTENANCE works across Halton are beginning to take their toll on road users, with journey times towards Widnes almost quadrupling.The closure of the A557 Weston Point Expressway northbound has resulted in all traffic coming from the M56 and Frodsham areas towards the bridge being diverted via the Weston Link, Central, and Bridgewater expressways.
The works, which began on Monday, July 30 and will see the expressway closed 24 hours a day, are expected to last up to five days as contractors resurface the road.
The northbound carriageway is shut between Weston Link and Bakes Lane interchanges.
Halton Borough Council has apologised for the inconvenience, which has so far seen drivers face... read more
Most read news
- 06:23 Ukraine: Obama Urges Putin Over Crimea Deal
- 06:23 Coastal Areas Bid For £64m Storm Relief Fund
- 06:22 Britain set for sunshine weekend
- 06:19 Group strikes a chord
- 06:09 The FA is ripping off fans for "more and more profit", MP claims
- 06:07 Plans for 169 new homes in village on table
- 05:55 Tackling a Leeds run in memory of footballer’s tragic son
- 05:47 TV Presenter Defends On-Air Resignation
- 05:46 Misterton: First responders team celebrate its 10th birthday
- 05:34 Masterclass for performing arts students