Controversial Shimizu defeat overturned leaving referee facing potential action
Japan have won an appeal against Satoshi Shimizu's controversial Olympic Games bantamweight defeat to Magomed Abdulhamidov at ExCeL.
An International Boxing Association (AIBA) investigation was under way into how the initial result came to be, with action against the referee, Ishanguly Meretnyyazov of Turkmenistan, a possibility.
AIBA said the result had been overturned with Shimizu now declared the winner, and he goes forward to the quarter-finals.
Shimizu, trailing 12-5 going into the final... read more
- 10:16 Metheringham Fayre and Feast cancelled after 26 years
- 10:13 Standard has been set at Newcastle United, insists Steve McClaren
- 10:13 Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin has the best defensive...
- 10:11 Baby Butch believes it's make or break time for his career
- 09:56 Rude awakening: three essential rules for writing good sex
- 09:55 £7.20 fare dodger from Derby told to pay £570
- 09:55 Europa League draw 2015-16 guide: Pots, time and more as Liverpool,...
- 09:48 Transfer News LIVE: Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and...
- 09:42 Second-quarter UK growth steady at 0.7%
- 09:29 Joseph Tsang wanted after failing to appear for sexual offences case