Controversial Shimizu defeat overturned leaving referee facing potential action
Japan have won an appeal against Satoshi Shimizu's controversial Olympic Games bantamweight defeat to Magomed Abdulhamidov at ExCeL.
An International Boxing Association (AIBA) investigation was under way into how the initial result came to be, with action against the referee, Ishanguly Meretnyyazov of Turkmenistan, a possibility.
AIBA said the result had been overturned with Shimizu now declared the winner, and he goes forward to the quarter-finals.
Shimizu, trailing 12-5 going into the final... read more
- 16:29 The Liverpool FC transfer targets that got away: What happened next?
- 16:05 Transfer News: Arsenal striker talks, Chelsea bid, Liverpool eye...
- 15:54 Done Deal: Manchester United boosted as star defender signs contract
- 15:51 Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata produces the sexiest first...
- 15:43 150,000 people to travel to Harewood for the Game Fair
- 15:30 Fernando Llorente's agent arrives in London for Arsenal transfer talks
- 15:07 Midfield ace snubs Arsenal transfer
- 14:32 Man Utd's slim hopes of signing Germany star shattered by shock...
- 13:21 Louis van Gaal guarantees new signing No.10 role and reveals Man...
- 13:21 Man United agree sixth signing of summer as spending rockets above...