Corrie stars are Joining Jack
STARS of Coronation Street have pledged their support to Joining Jack - by organising a charity golf day. Alan Halsall and Andy Whyment – Tyrone and Kirk in the ITV soap – are hoping to raise thousands for the appeal through the star-studded event on August 31.
Joining Jack was set up by ex-Warrior Andy Johnson and wife Alex after they discovered their son Jack has Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
The four-year-old appears perfectly healthy, and has no idea that he is suffering from a terminal illness which – over the coming years – will eat away at his body.
His battle has captured the hearts of thousands, who have pledged their support financially and through the social networks... read more
Most read news
- 06:23 Sunderland’s first free school is back on track
- 06:22 FARRRS milestone is reached
- 06:21 United-mad Kyras is our mascot competition champ!
- 06:20 Behind the scenes at Daily Brunch – pulled pork, brand synergy and...
- 06:20 The new SSE orangutan advert
- 06:18 Wine: northern Rhône syrahs don’t have to break the bank
- 06:18 ‘It’s them or me’: The woman who chose her adopted children over...
- 06:18 Q&A: Anne Rice
- 06:18 Breakfast of champions: Lucian Freud’s custard tarts
- 06:18 Cerys Matthews: having trouble sleeping? There is only one answer