Corrie stars are Joining Jack
STARS of Coronation Street have pledged their support to Joining Jack - by organising a charity golf day. Alan Halsall and Andy Whyment – Tyrone and Kirk in the ITV soap – are hoping to raise thousands for the appeal through the star-studded event on August 31.
Joining Jack was set up by ex-Warrior Andy Johnson and wife Alex after they discovered their son Jack has Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
The four-year-old appears perfectly healthy, and has no idea that he is suffering from a terminal illness which – over the coming years – will eat away at his body.
His battle has captured the hearts of thousands, who have pledged their support financially and through the social networks... read more
Most read news
- 05:04 FIRST PERSON: Thousands suffering dementia in silence without a...
- 04:58 Mexico Captures 'Most Wanted' Drug Lord
- 04:54 Unions Protest As East Coast Line Goes Private
- 04:40 Hull City: Robbie Brady's form leaves mate Andy Robertson kicking...
- 04:39 Travel: The Poetry of the Clyde Valley
- 04:39 Travel: A west Yorkshire break with a difference
- 04:26 LETTER: Why is our MP Karl McCartney so scared of facing public?
- 04:04 Greece debt: PM Alexis Tsipras rules out third bailout
- 03:52 SNAPPED: Is this Chelsea's new kit with £40m shirt sponsor Yokohama?
- 03:50 Proof at last that 'yuppie flu' is a real illness: Study finds...