Corrie stars are Joining Jack
STARS of Coronation Street have pledged their support to Joining Jack - by organising a charity golf day. Alan Halsall and Andy Whyment – Tyrone and Kirk in the ITV soap – are hoping to raise thousands for the appeal through the star-studded event on August 31.
Joining Jack was set up by ex-Warrior Andy Johnson and wife Alex after they discovered their son Jack has Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
The four-year-old appears perfectly healthy, and has no idea that he is suffering from a terminal illness which – over the coming years – will eat away at his body.
His battle has captured the hearts of thousands, who have pledged their support financially and through the social networks... read more
Most read news
- 07:40 SIMON LAMBERT: Building your own home can beat high house prices,...
- 07:40 From sheltered living to luxury complexes, eight dos and don'ts...
- 07:40 Just 1 in 25 homes now fetching the asking price: Figures suggest...
- 07:37 Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- 07:37 Spain's Telefonica raises bid for Vivendi's GVT in Brazil
- 07:34 Philippine economy picks up in second quarter
- 07:31 BT alleged to have supplied high-speed fibre-optic cable to aid US...
- 07:31 The UK’s exit from the EU is in the hands of Scottish voters
- 06:49 Scottish independence: Firms say 'Yes' vote would benefit economy
- 04:06 Manchester United won't 'do a Liverpool', says Andrew Cole as...