Coulson was ‘best person for the job’ says Osborne
ANDY Coulson was the "best person for the job" when he was appointed the Conservative's director of communications, according to Chancellor George Osborne.
Mr Osborne said despite Mr Coulson resigning just six months earlier from his post as editor of the News of the World, he topped a shortlist of candidates for the job when he was appointed as communications chief in July 2007.
Mr Coulson is expected to appear before Lord Justice Leveson’s inquiry into press standards on Thursday.
Mr Osborne said: “I approached Andy Coulson to see if he was interested in the job as director of communications for the Conservative Party.
“We needed a new director of communications and he... read more
Most read news
- 19:48 'Next!': the secretive world of casting directors
- 19:42 Practice may NOT make perfect: Innate talent is what's required for...
- 18:53 Microsoft unveils new Xbox One game console
- 16:49 'Manchester United broke my heart': Jurgen Klopp slams how Shinji...
- 16:45 Arsenal close to Sanogo switch, but what about Jovetic and Higuain?
- 16:42 Tony Pulis leaves Stoke City after seven years in charge at the...
- 15:44 Arsenal considering options as Fiorentina continue to hold-out on...
- 15:03 Pulis leaves Stoke after seven years in charge at the Britannia
- 14:39 Pulis set to leave Stoke after seven years in charge at the Britannia
- 13:56 BECKHAM SIGNS FOR QPR