Council discourage under age Facebook users
Parents are helping their children to set up under-age profiles on social networking site Facebook, warn Notts County Council. As a result, it fears children are getting involved in social media at too young an age.
The council’s Anti-Bullying Co-ordinator Matt Rooney said that parents had a responsibility to monitor youngsters’ online activity.
He said: “You should be at least 13-years-old to have a Facebook page but this is not legally enforceable.”
“Most parents are genuinely surprised when we tell them that social networking websites like Facebook have rules that state children under the age of 13 cannot use them.”
They recommend parents follow five simple steps:
•... read more
Most read news
- 02:38 IMF's Lagarde questioned over French arbitration case
- 02:36 BENTEKE MAY LEAVE VILLA
- 02:36 Asian stocks pull back losses after sharp drops
- 02:32 RIO FERDINAND: I'LL HELP DAVID MOYES TO MANCHESTER UNITED GLORY
- 02:31 Joyce McMillan: Politics of hate achieve nothing
- 02:29 MANUEL PELLEGRINI TOLD TO CREATE MANCHESTER CITY FAMILY
- 01:52 TOMMY SMITH SIGNS NEW DEAL WITH IPSWICH
- 01:43 Woolwich special report: A community in disbelief
- 01:43 Woolwich: Muslim groups unite against attacks
- 01:41 Tough guy Moyes will do fine at United, says Fellaini as he...