Crash pensioner airlifted to hospital
A MAN in his 80s was airlifted to hospital after a crash involving a car and a motor scooter. The Midlands Air Ambulance was called in to airlift the man after the shunt at the junction of Howsell Road and Somers Park Avenue in Malvern, as this reader's picture shows. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man had facial and leg injuries including a dislocated ankle and was flown to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.” The fire service, police, two rapid response medical cars, a BASICS emergency medic and doctor and a ambulance crew also attended.
Most read news
- 09:18 Senior Japan official calls for Abe to delay sales-tax hike
- 09:15 Ex-Port Vale player Clayton McDonald: 'Ched Evans rape case has...
- 09:15 Day of adventure for Elland Boys’ Brigade
- 09:15 Last-ditch attempt to save signal box
- 09:15 Firefighters cut free person in Elland crash
- 09:15 Leeds United sack Milanic
- 09:15 Chef Dominic Hirst from The Cooking School at Dean Clough shows us...
- 09:14 Reader letter: UKIP get my vote if they dump the metric system
- 09:14 Funding cuts, policy changes and careers advice: how are colleges...
- 09:04 PAUL GASCOIGNE: Former football star reportedly sectioned after...