Crash pensioner airlifted to hospital
A MAN in his 80s was airlifted to hospital after a crash involving a car and a motor scooter. The Midlands Air Ambulance was called in to airlift the man after the shunt at the junction of Howsell Road and Somers Park Avenue in Malvern, as this reader's picture shows. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man had facial and leg injuries including a dislocated ankle and was flown to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.” The fire service, police, two rapid response medical cars, a BASICS emergency medic and doctor and a ambulance crew also attended.
Most read news
- 09:57 FTSE creeps higher; Weir leads on analyst upgrade
- 09:55 Sunderland addict emptied her mother and grandmother’s bank...
- 09:54 £1m road safety pot to improve highways
- 09:51 Borini’s demands scuppered possible Sunderland return
- 09:43 Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal hails Radamel Falcao: We...
- 09:42 Britain's FTSE creeps higher; Weir leads on analyst upgrade
- 09:40 Reforms to dominate Greek talks in Paris, debt relief talks...
- 09:38 Yorkshire police face grilling over Cliff Richard raid
- 09:37 Gloves to benefit cancer patients
- 08:56 Manchester United fans fume as club announce Danny Welbeck transfer...