Crash pensioner airlifted to hospital
A MAN in his 80s was airlifted to hospital after a crash involving a car and a motor scooter. The Midlands Air Ambulance was called in to airlift the man after the shunt at the junction of Howsell Road and Somers Park Avenue in Malvern, as this reader's picture shows. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man had facial and leg injuries including a dislocated ankle and was flown to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.” The fire service, police, two rapid response medical cars, a BASICS emergency medic and doctor and a ambulance crew also attended.
- 07:40 Scunthorpe United new signing Stephen Dawson: "Next season could be...
- 07:39 Live updates as police hunt 'Wolverine fanatic' after his family...
- 07:35 Blues legend Didier Drogba leaves Chelsea on a high again
- 07:33 GALLERY: Bearded Theory welcomes 10,000 sell-out crowd to South...
- 07:33 Assault trial date for Christopher Smith, of Hawfield Lane, Burton,...
- 07:31 New Scunthorpe University Technical College appoints principal
- 07:30 Nottinghamshire weather: Bank Holiday Monday, May 25
- 07:30 Australian man jailed for raping Dutch backpacker
- 07:27 Mayor of East Staffordshire David Leese takes up post with a beer...
- 07:04 Leicester prepare summer move for want-away Man Utd star