Crash pensioner airlifted to hospital
A MAN in his 80s was airlifted to hospital after a crash involving a car and a motor scooter. The Midlands Air Ambulance was called in to airlift the man after the shunt at the junction of Howsell Road and Somers Park Avenue in Malvern, as this reader's picture shows. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man had facial and leg injuries including a dislocated ankle and was flown to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.” The fire service, police, two rapid response medical cars, a BASICS emergency medic and doctor and a ambulance crew also attended.
Most read news
- 23:39 Manhunt, Sky Atlantic - TV review
- 23:39 Heston's Great British Food, Channel 4 - TV review
- 23:38 EXCLUSIVE: 'Bradley and I are in a good place now'... Froome comes...
- 23:38 Safety fears keep Arsenal players off the streets and in hotel...
- 23:38 Champions League round-up: Olympiakos and Bayer Leverkusen seal...
- 23:33 Designated coaches to transport Arsenal fans to stadium for...
- 23:28 Vodafone sees Verizon deal finalized around early March
- 23:27 Manchester United boss David Moyes admits he gave players hairdryer...
- 23:27 Picture this: Tuesday night's best Champions League photos
- 23:27 Masters of Sex recap: season one, episode 10 – Fallout