Crash pensioner airlifted to hospital
A MAN in his 80s was airlifted to hospital after a crash involving a car and a motor scooter. The Midlands Air Ambulance was called in to airlift the man after the shunt at the junction of Howsell Road and Somers Park Avenue in Malvern, as this reader's picture shows. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man had facial and leg injuries including a dislocated ankle and was flown to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.” The fire service, police, two rapid response medical cars, a BASICS emergency medic and doctor and a ambulance crew also attended.
Most read news
- 15:10 Celtic hit by two UEFA charges for their fans' and players'...
- 14:58 English football is not in the doldrums insists Everton boss...
- 14:13 How will Manchester United line up against Sunderland?
- 13:58 Not for sale! Arsenal and Manchester City told transfer target Jose...
- 13:48 REVEALED: Manchester United's ORDER to boss Louis van Gaal
- 13:11 Update: Two arrested on suspicion of murder in Tunstall
- 12:52 'Sorry we missed you': Yodel courier takes a POO on couple's lawn
- 12:45 Flint paper mill fire brought under control after more than two hours
- 12:32 #TheDress: What colours do you see when you look at this dress?
- 12:11 Man Utd News: Double deal SIGNED, dressing room bust-up, Di Maria...