Crash pensioner airlifted to hospital
A MAN in his 80s was airlifted to hospital after a crash involving a car and a motor scooter. The Midlands Air Ambulance was called in to airlift the man after the shunt at the junction of Howsell Road and Somers Park Avenue in Malvern, as this reader's picture shows. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man had facial and leg injuries including a dislocated ankle and was flown to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.” The fire service, police, two rapid response medical cars, a BASICS emergency medic and doctor and a ambulance crew also attended.
- 22:28 British ex-Guantanamo Bay detainee 'joins Islamic State in Syria'
- 22:28 The strange history of North Korea's Communists
- 22:26 'Leave us in peace': Oregon protesters greet Obama during visit to...
- 22:21 Former Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson: My thoughts on new...
- 22:18 Wales’ Balkans return reminds Chris Coleman how far they have come
- 22:18 Last Vulcan flight: When and where you can see it in Derbyshire on...
- 22:10 Texas lethal injection drug may be expired and could cause suffering
- 22:08 Ross Barkley shines as England beat Estonia in Euro 2016 qualifying
- 22:05 Stuart Rose will chair campaign to keep Britain in the EU
- 22:01 Outrage as US presidential hopeful controversially says guns may...