Crash pensioner airlifted to hospital
A MAN in his 80s was airlifted to hospital after a crash involving a car and a motor scooter. The Midlands Air Ambulance was called in to airlift the man after the shunt at the junction of Howsell Road and Somers Park Avenue in Malvern, as this reader's picture shows. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man had facial and leg injuries including a dislocated ankle and was flown to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.” The fire service, police, two rapid response medical cars, a BASICS emergency medic and doctor and a ambulance crew also attended.
- 09:34 Burnley pupils grill Clarets boss Sean Dyche
- 09:34 Grantham Journal caricature: Darren Joint of Viking Signs
- 09:31 Hull KR signing Dane Tilse 'can get us going forward' says Graeme...
- 09:28 Be ready for a battle, warns Ripley
- 09:27 Caracas mayor jailed over alleged coup plot could be released for...
- 09:17 “Ban the air guns used by cowards to shoot defenceless animals”
- 09:17 Story behind London Marathon runner’s special tattoo
- 09:16 Whisky galore helps our fund make £30,000
- 09:08 Mubi, the curated online cinema club
- 09:03 Now you can rent goats on Amazon