Crash pensioner airlifted to hospital
A MAN in his 80s was airlifted to hospital after a crash involving a car and a motor scooter. The Midlands Air Ambulance was called in to airlift the man after the shunt at the junction of Howsell Road and Somers Park Avenue in Malvern, as this reader's picture shows. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man had facial and leg injuries including a dislocated ankle and was flown to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.” The fire service, police, two rapid response medical cars, a BASICS emergency medic and doctor and a ambulance crew also attended.
Most read news
- 20:30 Oracle shares slide after soft results, CEO change
- 20:30 Richard Hughes wins hat-trick of races at Newbury to close gap...
- 20:26 Ukraine, Poland and Lithuania form joint military unit
- 20:11 Scottish referendum results: Banks fail to give guarantees on...
- 20:10 Learn life saving skills for free with St John Ambulance
- 20:08 'I was lucky to be his daughter': Nicole Kidman pays a touching...
- 20:03 Pizzagate: Student's "lovely, non-cynical' review of Pizza Express...
- 19:36 Man spared jail over sex with under-age girl
- 19:21 Rotherham: Thacker quits as director of children’s services on the...
- 19:20 Gainsborough: Drama over plans to sell booze stone’s throw away...