Crash pensioner airlifted to hospital
A MAN in his 80s was airlifted to hospital after a crash involving a car and a motor scooter. The Midlands Air Ambulance was called in to airlift the man after the shunt at the junction of Howsell Road and Somers Park Avenue in Malvern, as this reader's picture shows. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man had facial and leg injuries including a dislocated ankle and was flown to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.” The fire service, police, two rapid response medical cars, a BASICS emergency medic and doctor and a ambulance crew also attended.
Most read news
- 01:49 Talking superfans with Tyler Oakley, Grace Helbig and Ze Frank
- 01:46 World Cup 2014 countdown: Marco Tardelli celebration in the 1982 final
- 01:36 Malaysia Airlines 'loses contact with plane carrying 239 people on...
- 01:33 £13,000 bill for Leeds firm after worker’s finger sliced off
- 01:31 Bitcoin ‘creator’ Satoshi Nakamoto tracked down, but says story has...
- 01:28 Murder victim father’s ‘delight’ at Clare’s Law
- 01:28 Anger as Hunt backs hospital downgrade in NHS overhaul
- 01:25 U.S. special forces sent to train Iraqi special forces in Jordan
- 01:18 Airbus aims to expand slice of smaller U.S. defence "pie"
- 00:40 Malaysia Airlines Plane 'Loses Contact'