Crash pensioner airlifted to hospital
A MAN in his 80s was airlifted to hospital after a crash involving a car and a motor scooter. The Midlands Air Ambulance was called in to airlift the man after the shunt at the junction of Howsell Road and Somers Park Avenue in Malvern, as this reader's picture shows. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man had facial and leg injuries including a dislocated ankle and was flown to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.” The fire service, police, two rapid response medical cars, a BASICS emergency medic and doctor and a ambulance crew also attended.
- 10:56 Rapist Tube driver jailed 20 years after attacks following DNA match
- 10:53 Dublin boxing weigh-in shooting hitmen seen storming hotel...
- 10:51 Owner of Culloden plaid fears ancient item is lost forever
- 10:51 Two treated at scene of fire
- 10:49 Manchester United News: Mourinho in talks, £145m transfer battle,...
- 10:48 Packed spring programme
- 10:47 Jamie Vardy is a threat but he's no 'killer' like Sergio Aguero,...
- 10:47 Diego Costa pushes his luck... but he hasn't been sent off in 147...
- 10:43 ‘People who pay for sex shouldn’t be prosecuted’, sex worker to...
- 10:43 Baby boy rescued from rubble after earthquake devastates Taiwan