Crash pensioner airlifted to hospital
A MAN in his 80s was airlifted to hospital after a crash involving a car and a motor scooter. The Midlands Air Ambulance was called in to airlift the man after the shunt at the junction of Howsell Road and Somers Park Avenue in Malvern, as this reader's picture shows. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man had facial and leg injuries including a dislocated ankle and was flown to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.” The fire service, police, two rapid response medical cars, a BASICS emergency medic and doctor and a ambulance crew also attended.
Most read news
- 21:13 Great British Bake Off: Top tips and recipes for making bread
- 21:12 Berry 'death stare' sees Jordan out
- 21:05 Bradford man wanted on recall to prison
- 21:00 Ukip leader Nigel Farage calls for Britons joining the Islamic...
- 20:58 Don’t forget the children when adults take decisions
- 20:58 Everyone is a winner teaching sports
- 20:57 "Their ideology is bankrupt.' President Obama delivers statement on...
- 20:57 Juddmonte International Stakes 2014: Australia’s horizons rest at...
- 20:37 Marcos Rojo seals £16m transfer to Manchester United
- 20:30 Amazon enters Shanghai free trade zone to boost offering in China