Crash pensioner airlifted to hospital
A MAN in his 80s was airlifted to hospital after a crash involving a car and a motor scooter. The Midlands Air Ambulance was called in to airlift the man after the shunt at the junction of Howsell Road and Somers Park Avenue in Malvern, as this reader's picture shows. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man had facial and leg injuries including a dislocated ankle and was flown to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.” The fire service, police, two rapid response medical cars, a BASICS emergency medic and doctor and a ambulance crew also attended.
Most read news
- 05:33 Café plan for former Leeds public loo site isn’t to everyone’s taste
- 05:31 Doncaster regeneration scheme’s national award joy
- 05:26 Ofcom branded 'hapless' as city waits on local TV licence decision
- 05:19 GPs To Pocket £55 For Dementia Diagnosis
- 05:18 YEP survey: Readers reveal Leeds traffic and congestion concerns
- 05:18 Row over “expensive luxury” of new town council for Guiseley
- 05:11 US Photojournalist Is Cured Of Ebola Virus
- 05:02 'I am a Liberian, not a virus': west Africans hit back against...
- 04:54 Berlin: send us your travel tips
- 04:39 WHO aims for Ebola serum in weeks and vaccine tests in Africa by...