Darts: Phil Taylor through to final after on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen will face Phil Taylor in the final of the World Darts Championship tomorrow night. It will be van Gerwen’s first world championship final and Taylor’s 18th.
Taylor beat Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 in a game which started as a landslide before becoming something slightly more interesting and even tense, with an on-stage confrontation between the players at the end of the game.
Taylor and van Barneveld exchanged words with Taylor seeming to reject van Barneveld’s embrace.
Last night van Gerwen also produced some excellent darts, including a nine-dart finish, to beat James Wade 6-4.
But that second semi-final, a repeat of the 2007 and 2009 final, pitted the two biggest... read more
Most read news
- 14:10 Purple reign! Karen Gillan wears a regal sheer dress for Guardians...
- 14:03 Transport call amid weather worries
- 13:58 Royal Mail frets over Amazon threat to parcels business
- 13:57 REVEALED: Arsenal missed out on Lionel Messi signing after Cesc...
- 13:00 Leicester complete Leonardo Ulloa deal: Striker joins from Brighton
- 12:16 Arsenal launch legal battle over number of concerts at Emirates...
- 11:31 Manchester United transfer news: Jurgen Klopp dismisses rumours...
- 11:12 Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger says he will not be signing a...
- 10:40 Cockburnspath road accident
- 09:26 Manchester United pre-season tour: Louis van Gaal maintains his...