Darts: Phil Taylor through to final after on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen will face Phil Taylor in the final of the World Darts Championship tomorrow night. It will be van Gerwen’s first world championship final and Taylor’s 18th.
Taylor beat Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 in a game which started as a landslide before becoming something slightly more interesting and even tense, with an on-stage confrontation between the players at the end of the game.
Taylor and van Barneveld exchanged words with Taylor seeming to reject van Barneveld’s embrace.
Last night van Gerwen also produced some excellent darts, including a nine-dart finish, to beat James Wade 6-4.
But that second semi-final, a repeat of the 2007 and 2009 final, pitted the two biggest... read more
Most read news
- 02:31 Scottish independence: Gordon Brown issues warning over UK debt
- 02:31 British labour activist Andy Hall in Thailand trial
- 02:14 Babe in blue: Bar Refaeli showcases amazing figure in navy bandeau...
- 02:14 'That is a moon if I ever saw one!' Karen Gillan provides hilarious...
- 02:07 Tom Lawrence signs for Leicester and Nick Powell also joins on loan...
- 01:56 CONFIRMED: Man Utd complete signing of Monaco's Radamel Falcao
- 22:50 West Ham transfer news: Hammers hope to beat deadline with signing...
- 22:42 Radamel Falcao deal yet to be confirmed, Manchester United fans...
- 22:21 Hull City set to confirm Gaston Ramirez and Hatem Ben Arfa loan deals
- 22:06 Arsenal transfer news: Danny Welbeck set to join from Manchester...