Darts: Phil Taylor through to final after on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen will face Phil Taylor in the final of the World Darts Championship tomorrow night. It will be van Gerwen’s first world championship final and Taylor’s 18th.
Taylor beat Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 in a game which started as a landslide before becoming something slightly more interesting and even tense, with an on-stage confrontation between the players at the end of the game.
Taylor and van Barneveld exchanged words with Taylor seeming to reject van Barneveld’s embrace.
Last night van Gerwen also produced some excellent darts, including a nine-dart finish, to beat James Wade 6-4.
But that second semi-final, a repeat of the 2007 and 2009 final, pitted the two biggest... read more
Most read news
- 10:39 A-level grades in Hull top national average, East Riding close behind
- 10:38 McCain Brands Protesters 'Low-Life Scum'
- 10:35 Tottenham transfer news: Frustrated Kevin Mirallas wants Spurs move...
- 10:34 ECB will take time to bed in as bank watchdog - Bundesbank's Dombret
- 10:33 Traffic alert after dog spotted on M180
- 10:32 Bombs in central Baghdad kill 12 - security sources
- 10:30 The Wire's Dominic West stars in rap video with Nottingham teenagers
- 10:21 Kingsman: The Secret Service - film review: 'This is Colin Firth's...
- 09:49 Beer sales back on the up, we'll raise a glass to that
- 09:43 Chelsea v Man City: Frank Lampard won't celebrate if he scores at...