Darts: Phil Taylor through to final after on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen will face Phil Taylor in the final of the World Darts Championship tomorrow night. It will be van Gerwen’s first world championship final and Taylor’s 18th.
Taylor beat Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 in a game which started as a landslide before becoming something slightly more interesting and even tense, with an on-stage confrontation between the players at the end of the game.
Taylor and van Barneveld exchanged words with Taylor seeming to reject van Barneveld’s embrace.
Last night van Gerwen also produced some excellent darts, including a nine-dart finish, to beat James Wade 6-4.
But that second semi-final, a repeat of the 2007 and 2009 final, pitted the two biggest... read more
Most read news
- 21:16 Fisherman rescued by Hartlepool lifeboat after spending nine hours...
- 21:11 BBC 'failed' over Clarkson remark
- 21:10 VIDEO: Gold for Sheffield squash star Nick Matthew
- 21:06 Kidnapped Maltese oil worker released in Libya after 11 days
- 21:05 Ali allowed to wear Gaza wristbands
- 21:04 VIDEO: Gold for Sheffield squash star Nick Matthew
- 20:55 Peak District cycle path now open at Longshaw
- 20:49 Ezequiel Lavezzi being targeted by Liverpool in £18m transfer from...
- 20:15 Tories’ target seats will be opened up for fracking, says Greenpeace
- 15:25 Ryan Giggs: Louis van Gaal can bring through next Xavi, Iniesta and...