Darts: Phil Taylor through to final after on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen will face Phil Taylor in the final of the World Darts Championship tomorrow night. It will be van Gerwen’s first world championship final and Taylor’s 18th.
Taylor beat Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 in a game which started as a landslide before becoming something slightly more interesting and even tense, with an on-stage confrontation between the players at the end of the game.
Taylor and van Barneveld exchanged words with Taylor seeming to reject van Barneveld’s embrace.
Last night van Gerwen also produced some excellent darts, including a nine-dart finish, to beat James Wade 6-4.
But that second semi-final, a repeat of the 2007 and 2009 final, pitted the two biggest... read more
Most read news
- 10:56 Masked men raid Bridlington’s TSB bank
- 10:55 'If England had shown any interest in Steffon Armitage he wouldn't...
- 10:51 PM: Scottish and English devolution must be linked
- 10:48 Fears grow for missing girl, 12, who vanished from her home
- 10:48 Wife of Islamic State hostage Alan Henning appeals to militants to...
- 10:48 Bryony - a dream come true for couple desperate for family
- 10:44 Masked men raid Bridlington’s TSB bank
- 10:41 Five men from Yorkshire arrested after Barnsley fans clash with...
- 10:29 Dennis Rodman denies plans to meet with Isis leaders after...
- 10:28 VIDEO: A winning time at 142nd show