Darts: Phil Taylor through to final after on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen will face Phil Taylor in the final of the World Darts Championship tomorrow night. It will be van Gerwen’s first world championship final and Taylor’s 18th.
Taylor beat Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 in a game which started as a landslide before becoming something slightly more interesting and even tense, with an on-stage confrontation between the players at the end of the game.
Taylor and van Barneveld exchanged words with Taylor seeming to reject van Barneveld’s embrace.
Last night van Gerwen also produced some excellent darts, including a nine-dart finish, to beat James Wade 6-4.
But that second semi-final, a repeat of the 2007 and 2009 final, pitted the two biggest... read more
Most read news
- 08:41 Orange let me freeze my contract for six months while I studied...
- 08:41 Home repossessions 'are set to soar again': Thousands could lose...
- 08:38 Jennifer Aniston says she had an ''awkward phase'' around the time...
- 08:38 Mars Rover: Evidence of freshwater lake discovered on surface of...
- 08:32 No decent pay rises 'until at least 2015': Workers told not to...
- 08:32 Elderly savers being fleeced by pension sharks when they retire:...
- 08:31 Wii Fit games 'help control diabetes'
- 08:30 Arsenal race to sign 'the new Mesut Ozil'
- 08:30 Boycott warns of Ashes 'annihilation' for England
- 08:12 Stan Collymore calls police after suffering torrent of vile racist...