Darts: Phil Taylor through to final after on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen will face Phil Taylor in the final of the World Darts Championship tomorrow night. It will be van Gerwen’s first world championship final and Taylor’s 18th.
Taylor beat Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 in a game which started as a landslide before becoming something slightly more interesting and even tense, with an on-stage confrontation between the players at the end of the game.
Taylor and van Barneveld exchanged words with Taylor seeming to reject van Barneveld’s embrace.
Last night van Gerwen also produced some excellent darts, including a nine-dart finish, to beat James Wade 6-4.
But that second semi-final, a repeat of the 2007 and 2009 final, pitted the two biggest... read more
Most read news
- 03:50 Alice Gross funeral to take place
- 03:34 Asian shares down following Wall Street's lead
- 03:29 Farmland value rises to £7,300 an acre but total area sold falls
- 03:29 Hope of talks resuming after North Korea frees US tourist
- 03:17 On This Day in 1968: Who has been setting fire to Glasgow football...
- 03:17 Dundee look for new goalkeeper
- 03:17 Denayer will reject offer to extend his stay
- 03:17 Falkirk midfielder out until 2015
- 03:17 Getting it right could make for a derby spectacle
- 03:17 There is no right way to run a sport but those who do must be...