Darts: Phil Taylor through to final after on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen will face Phil Taylor in the final of the World Darts Championship tomorrow night. It will be van Gerwen’s first world championship final and Taylor’s 18th.
Taylor beat Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 in a game which started as a landslide before becoming something slightly more interesting and even tense, with an on-stage confrontation between the players at the end of the game.
Taylor and van Barneveld exchanged words with Taylor seeming to reject van Barneveld’s embrace.
Last night van Gerwen also produced some excellent darts, including a nine-dart finish, to beat James Wade 6-4.
But that second semi-final, a repeat of the 2007 and 2009 final, pitted the two biggest... read more
Most read news
- 11:13 VIDEO: Footage shows the charred remains of Hartlepool Snooker Centre
- 11:09 Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho won't listen to any title talk
- 11:09 Murray keeps quiet on independence
- 11:07 Love Letters review – Metronomy add 60s songwriting to their 80s...
- 11:05 Malaysia Airlines: Passengers with stolen passports boosts...
- 11:02 With legal reforms, China wants less interfering in cases, fewer...
- 10:59 Number of new builds on the up
- 10:45 Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from...
- 10:44 Malaysia Airlines: Radar indicates jet may have turned back before...
- 10:41 SLIDESHOW: Mail reader captures fire drama at Snooker Centre