Darts: Phil Taylor through to final after on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen will face Phil Taylor in the final of the World Darts Championship tomorrow night. It will be van Gerwen’s first world championship final and Taylor’s 18th.
Taylor beat Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 in a game which started as a landslide before becoming something slightly more interesting and even tense, with an on-stage confrontation between the players at the end of the game.
Taylor and van Barneveld exchanged words with Taylor seeming to reject van Barneveld’s embrace.
Last night van Gerwen also produced some excellent darts, including a nine-dart finish, to beat James Wade 6-4.
But that second semi-final, a repeat of the 2007 and 2009 final, pitted the two biggest... read more
Most read news
- 23:08 Three charged in plot to ship chemical lab equipment from U.S. to...
- 23:07 Judith Owen reveals how husband Harry Shearer - star of This Is...
- 22:57 "Ghost' caught on video running through stadium crowd in Bolivia's...
- 22:57 Barclays Attacked In Mystery 'Staff Letter'
- 22:56 Bill Jamieson: A clear need for honesty on future
- 22:56 Tom Peterkin: Landowners issue may be on hold
- 22:49 Madeleine McCann: British girl was assaulted in the same Portuguese...
- 22:49 'It will be difficult to do worse next season' - Tottenham...
- 22:42 UK inflation expectations fall to lowest since late 2009 - YouGov
- 22:05 Train Kick Selfie Guy is set to scoop up to $250,000 thanks to his...