Darts: Phil Taylor through to final after on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen will face Phil Taylor in the final of the World Darts Championship tomorrow night. It will be van Gerwen’s first world championship final and Taylor’s 18th.
Taylor beat Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 in a game which started as a landslide before becoming something slightly more interesting and even tense, with an on-stage confrontation between the players at the end of the game.
Taylor and van Barneveld exchanged words with Taylor seeming to reject van Barneveld’s embrace.
Last night van Gerwen also produced some excellent darts, including a nine-dart finish, to beat James Wade 6-4.
But that second semi-final, a repeat of the 2007 and 2009 final, pitted the two biggest... read more
Most read news
- 01:04 Alice Gross Police Find Body In River Brent
- 01:00 Meet the megaflare: Nasa spots record flare 10,000 times more...
- 00:59 Eleven 'Right to Build' areas chosen
- 00:57 Paris Fashion Week: Sarah Burton stamps her aesthetic on Alexander...
- 00:55 U.S. attorney general criticizes Apple, Google data encryption
- 00:48 Manuel Pellegrini laments 'easy' goal for Roma's Francesco Totti...
- 00:48 Basle vs Liverpool: Team news, kick-off time, probable line-ups,...
- 00:48 NFL to turn on poppy power at Wembley as Jacksonville Jaguars and...
- 00:31 Hubby is the same age as my DAD! Newly-weds with a 31 year age gap
- 00:24 Postcard from... Normandy