Darts: Phil Taylor through to final after on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen will face Phil Taylor in the final of the World Darts Championship tomorrow night. It will be van Gerwen’s first world championship final and Taylor’s 18th.
Taylor beat Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 in a game which started as a landslide before becoming something slightly more interesting and even tense, with an on-stage confrontation between the players at the end of the game.
Taylor and van Barneveld exchanged words with Taylor seeming to reject van Barneveld’s embrace.
Last night van Gerwen also produced some excellent darts, including a nine-dart finish, to beat James Wade 6-4.
But that second semi-final, a repeat of the 2007 and 2009 final, pitted the two biggest... read more
Most read news
- 16:33 Police want to find victim of racist abuse on train from Leeds
- 16:33 SNAPPED: Arsenal star Mesut Ozil back in the gym following surgery...
- 16:27 From Educating the East End to Life Story: What to watch on TV tonight
- 16:25 Alexander Wang for H&M: Action-packed video of the campaign released
- 16:14 Results announced in Vale pub of the year awards
- 16:03 Per Mertesacker admits confidence is low among Arsenal squad
- 14:22 Liverpool News: Star midfielder's exit, Origi to return, players...
- 14:03 Zeta-Jones on Whitby spree
- 13:38 Emmanuel Frimpong launches attack on Arsene Wenger's transfer...
- 13:34 Liverpool News: Balotelli apology, Henderson's dream plus Origi...