Darts: Phil Taylor through to final after on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen will face Phil Taylor in the final of the World Darts Championship tomorrow night. It will be van Gerwen’s first world championship final and Taylor’s 18th.
Taylor beat Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 in a game which started as a landslide before becoming something slightly more interesting and even tense, with an on-stage confrontation between the players at the end of the game.
Taylor and van Barneveld exchanged words with Taylor seeming to reject van Barneveld’s embrace.
Last night van Gerwen also produced some excellent darts, including a nine-dart finish, to beat James Wade 6-4.
But that second semi-final, a repeat of the 2007 and 2009 final, pitted the two biggest... read more
Most read news
- 16:51 Maple syrup heist: Quebec producers bounce back from sticky situation
- 16:49 Active kids in 1993
- 16:49 Top 10 Christmas presents which remind you of your childhood
- 16:24 Dinosaur stolen from pub in Wyke
- 16:12 Market-rigging laws will also cover currency, gold, oil and silver
- 16:08 Chelsea News: Blues want £20m Arsenal and Utd target, Salah EXIT,...
- 15:42 Man United fans aged seven and nine thrown out of Villa Park for...
- 15:40 Hard at work! Millie Mackintosh shows off her toned abs as she hits...
- 15:35 Man Utd News: Hummels hints at departure, MASSIVE Vlaar boost, LVG...
- 15:35 Man Utd News: LVG eyes £30m Strootman SIGNING, Hummels BLASTS...