Darts: Phil Taylor through to final after on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen will face Phil Taylor in the final of the World Darts Championship tomorrow night. It will be van Gerwen’s first world championship final and Taylor’s 18th.
Taylor beat Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 in a game which started as a landslide before becoming something slightly more interesting and even tense, with an on-stage confrontation between the players at the end of the game.
Taylor and van Barneveld exchanged words with Taylor seeming to reject van Barneveld’s embrace.
Last night van Gerwen also produced some excellent darts, including a nine-dart finish, to beat James Wade 6-4.
But that second semi-final, a repeat of the 2007 and 2009 final, pitted the two biggest... read more
Most read news
- 15:21 Christian Eriksen happy to play provider in Tottenham victory over...
- 15:21 Chelsea defenders should have been nominated for Player of the Year...
- 15:19 Motherwell 3 Celtic 3: Sutton saves Steelmen with late strike leveller
- 15:19 Cricket: Peter Moores named new England coach
- 15:16 Rejected solar farm near Claypole ‘like a POW camp’
- 15:14 Godzilla teaser trailer offers first glimpse of monster
- 15:08 In Damascus, Christians briefly ignore war for Easter
- 15:04 Tottenham 3 - Fulham 1: Paulinho sends Spurs on their way
- 14:57 Sunderland celebrates international Record Store Day
- 14:43 Amy's 10k tribute to sister killed by cancer