David Cameron could be kicked out by Christmas, claims Nadine Dorries
DAVID Cameron came under increasing pressure from outspoken critics from within his own ranks yesterday as the leadership attempted to pick up the pieces after its disastrous council election results.
Tory rebel Nadine Dorries, who has already launched a string of verbal attacks on the leadership, said there was a strong chance the Prime Minister would be out by Christmas.
And respected veteran Lord Ryder, John Major’s former chief whip, warned Mr Cameron he “won’t be the master of his own destiny for very much longer” if he failed to “take a grip”.
In response to increasing criticism from angry back-benchers, Chancellor George Osborne yesterday signalled the UK government... read more
Most read news
- 20:20 Woolwich attack: Britain 'will not buckle' in the face of...
- 20:15 Boy Scouts leaders will vote Thursday to lift ban on gay youth members
- 20:04 Man killed in London terrorist attack
- 19:54 A Week With: The Linksys x3500 router
- 19:47 Woolwich attack: We face new type of terror threat, says former...
- 19:40 Are children naturally better with computers than their parents?
- 19:20 'Soldier beheaded' in street as two shot in suspected terrorist...
- 19:13 'Soldier' beheaded in Woolwich Islamist terror attack
- 18:08 "Army cadet" killed in London terrorist attack
- 18:06 I'm disappointed but I understand why I was sacked! Pulis opens up...