David Cameron urgerd to order Jeremy Hunt inquiry
David Cameron is under pressure to order an inquiry into claims that Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt broke ministerial rules in his dealings with Rupert Murdoch's News Corp empire.
Labour has identified what it said were three specific breaches by Mr Hunt of the ministerial code of conduct in his handling of News Corp's £8 billion takeover bid for broadcaster BSkyB.
Meanwhile the Financial Services Authority was reported to be considering an investigation into whether Mr Hunt's office released market-sensitive information to News Corp in breach of City rules.
In a letter last night to the Prime Minister, Labour deputy leader Harriet Harman said he must now refer the case to his independent... read more
Most read news
- 18:18 Carl Froch eyes redemption against Viking Warrior Mikkel Kessler
- 18:14 Woolwich terror aftermath: Murdered Drummer Lee Rigby's stepfather...
- 18:13 Lincoln man Benjamin Flatters charged over Facebook comments
- 18:06 Woolwich terror attack: Murdered Drummer Lee Rigby's stepfather...
- 17:52 Public will not be told full story of how Woolwich 'killers'...
- 17:49 Dortmund and Munich are not the only German rivals going...
- 17:34 Google team treks across the Galapagos islands to add them to...
- 17:29 ITV News Twitter account hacked by Syrian Electronic Army
- 15:58 VIDEO - Armed robbers strike at Skelmanthorpe Post Office
- 15:20 Arsenal close to Williams deal, Benteke and Ilicic to follow?