Derby win sends City to summit
Apr 30 2012 Manchester City have soared to the top of the Barclays Premier League table after defeating Manchester United 1-0.
Vincent Kompany's first-half header was enough to earn City a 1-0 victory over United as Roberto Mancini's side replaced their rivals at the top of the Barclays Premier League on goal difference.
Victory at Newcastle on Sunday, followed by another at home to London's Queen's Park Rangers on the final day will, barring a mathematical miracle, be enough to secure the Blues their first title since 1968.
The prospect clearly did not impress Sir Alex Ferguson, who got himself embroiled in a furious touchline exchange with Roberto Mancini, with both men having to be... read more
Most read news
- 16:00 Cambridge applications rose 2%
- 16:00 Youngsters enjoy outdoor play area
- 15:29 Jack Wilshere demands better start from Arsenal next season
- 15:28 Garcia race row re-opens on return to the course as Tour chief...
- 15:16 Xbox One vs PlayStation 4: Why Microsoft's console name game just...
- 15:07 Clash of the Titus: Bramble confirms he's leaving Sunderland...
- 15:03 Pearson overhauls business structure to target growth markets
- 14:50 Spartans TV looking for camera operator
- 13:47 No approach from PSG for Rooney as wantaway United striker eyes Old...
- 12:43 Boy in hospital after dog attack