Dev sues record label
Singer Dev is taking legal action to get out of her record contract, insisting she signed an "onerous, one-sided agreement" as a naive 18 year old in 2008.
The star, real name Devin Star Tailes, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles on Monday alleging her contract with Indie-Pop breaks the state of California's Seven Year Rule, which bans personal services agreements which last longer than seven years.
She claims the contract allows label bosses, as well as her former managers and attorney, to take 75 per cent of her income and allows them to deduct expenses from her own share.
The suit adds that she felt rushed to sign the contract as she was told she "could lose out on important... read more
Most read news
- 19:41 FATAL CRASH: Man dies after being hit by car following...
- 19:40 Lunacy? Women are more fertile during a new moon and most likely to...
- 19:32 Real Madrid 3 - Barcelona 1: Ronaldo breaks new ground as Los...
- 19:32 Swansea 2 - Leicester 0: Bony at double as Swans leapfrog Liverpool...
- 19:30 Leeds United sack Darko Milanic: Manager chaos continues under...
- 19:27 Sam Allardyce hails prolific Diafra Sakho but fears the West Ham...
- 19:25 Brendan Rodgers defends goal-shy Mario Balotelli after Hull draw
- 19:25 Swansea 2 - Leicester 0: Wil-power! Bony double sees off Foxes
- 19:19 Irony strikes as former crime stoppers vehicle is stolen
- 18:54 Sunderland glass centre up for top tourism award