Dev sues record label
Singer Dev is taking legal action to get out of her record contract, insisting she signed an "onerous, one-sided agreement" as a naive 18 year old in 2008.
The star, real name Devin Star Tailes, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles on Monday alleging her contract with Indie-Pop breaks the state of California's Seven Year Rule, which bans personal services agreements which last longer than seven years.
She claims the contract allows label bosses, as well as her former managers and attorney, to take 75 per cent of her income and allows them to deduct expenses from her own share.
The suit adds that she felt rushed to sign the contract as she was told she "could lose out on important... read more
Most read news
- 14:51 Highland hotel owners lose TripAdvisor legal fight
- 14:48 The Christmas story is all about God divesting Himself of power
- 14:34 Louis van Gaal reveals all on talks with Man United legend Sir Alex...
- 14:31 Fight erupts on a plane after passengers tell mother to "shut her...
- 14:25 Bank fines swell Treasury coffers but low income tax receipts make...
- 13:53 Radamel Falcao and Ander Herrera could return to Manchester United...
- 13:22 REVEALED: The THREE January signings being lined up by Man Utd
- 11:51 Arsenal "finalising' transfer deal to sign Liverpool target Xherdan...
- 11:39 College mourns loss of popular assistant
- 11:25 Arsenal on the VERGE of signing a defensive midfielder, who's also...