Dev sues record label
Singer Dev is taking legal action to get out of her record contract, insisting she signed an "onerous, one-sided agreement" as a naive 18 year old in 2008.
The star, real name Devin Star Tailes, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles on Monday alleging her contract with Indie-Pop breaks the state of California's Seven Year Rule, which bans personal services agreements which last longer than seven years.
She claims the contract allows label bosses, as well as her former managers and attorney, to take 75 per cent of her income and allows them to deduct expenses from her own share.
The suit adds that she felt rushed to sign the contract as she was told she "could lose out on important... read more
Most read news
- 01:09 Uganda’s tough anti-gay law annulled by judges
- 01:03 England’s World Cup off to flying start with 10-try win
- 01:03 Goodwood: Muthmir primed to give Haggas another Stewards’ Cup success
- 00:52 Russian sanctions and Euro economy hit Britain's growth
- 00:52 An independent Scotland will impact RBS 'significantly'
- 00:52 Direct Line ready to sell up on continent
- 00:51 Mark Hix recipe: Iced blueberries with hot white chocolate sauce
- 00:51 Anthony Rose: Prosecco sales are booming but is it more popular...
- 00:51 Mark Hix recipe: Omelette soufflé with blueberries
- 00:38 Warwick Davis: The British actor on Ricky Gervais, how the Harry...