Dev sues record label
Singer Dev is taking legal action to get out of her record contract, insisting she signed an "onerous, one-sided agreement" as a naive 18 year old in 2008.
The star, real name Devin Star Tailes, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles on Monday alleging her contract with Indie-Pop breaks the state of California's Seven Year Rule, which bans personal services agreements which last longer than seven years.
She claims the contract allows label bosses, as well as her former managers and attorney, to take 75 per cent of her income and allows them to deduct expenses from her own share.
The suit adds that she felt rushed to sign the contract as she was told she "could lose out on important... read more
Most read news
- 01:10 Player ratings and your #TerraceTweets after Hartlepool United’s...
- 01:09 Police probe into attack after Sheffield United game
- 01:08 Total's CEO dies in Moscow plane crash
- 01:07 Angel di Maria concern for Manchester United as midfielder holds...
- 01:07 Louis van Gaal says Manchester United can still catch Premier...
- 01:07 Joleon Lescott shows Louis van Gaal what he missed after...
- 00:52 Delevingne makes young rich list
- 00:49 Delevingne makes young rich list
- 00:07 Greene King ups stakes in £725m bid to buy Spirit
- 22:29 Arsenal's issues are nothing compared to Champions League opponents...