Dev sues record label
Singer Dev is taking legal action to get out of her record contract, insisting she signed an "onerous, one-sided agreement" as a naive 18 year old in 2008.
The star, real name Devin Star Tailes, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles on Monday alleging her contract with Indie-Pop breaks the state of California's Seven Year Rule, which bans personal services agreements which last longer than seven years.
She claims the contract allows label bosses, as well as her former managers and attorney, to take 75 per cent of her income and allows them to deduct expenses from her own share.
The suit adds that she felt rushed to sign the contract as she was told she "could lose out on important... read more
Most read news
- 15:51 TRANSFER NEWS: £59.7m Man Utd regret, Liverpool deal, Pogba to...
- 15:27 REVEALED: The THREE midfielders on Man United's transfer wishlist
- 15:12 Man Utd ace Angel Di Maria RESPONDS to regret claims
- 15:12 Arsenal turn £11m PROFIT despite £93m transfer spend
- 15:12 Three arrests after JCB raid on HSBC cash machine in South Cave
- 15:09 American beer invasion in full flow in Nottingham thanks to city...
- 14:24 Man Utd ROCKED as David De Gea wants to NEGOTIATE Real Madrid move
- 13:48 REVEALED: Manchester United's ORDER to boss Louis van Gaal
- 13:11 Update: Two arrested on suspicion of murder in Tunstall
- 12:45 Flint paper mill fire brought under control after more than two hours