Dev sues record label
Singer Dev is taking legal action to get out of her record contract, insisting she signed an "onerous, one-sided agreement" as a naive 18 year old in 2008.
The star, real name Devin Star Tailes, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles on Monday alleging her contract with Indie-Pop breaks the state of California's Seven Year Rule, which bans personal services agreements which last longer than seven years.
She claims the contract allows label bosses, as well as her former managers and attorney, to take 75 per cent of her income and allows them to deduct expenses from her own share.
The suit adds that she felt rushed to sign the contract as she was told she "could lose out on important... read more
Most read news
- 15:44 Spring in step of housing market
- 15:38 Oklahoma Tornado: Edinburgh student tells of storm
- 15:31 Why this global fascination with the Toronto mayor's alleged...
- 15:28 Gotze OUT of Champions League final in blow for Dortmund as he...
- 14:53 Apple Tax: CEO Tim Cook Denies 'Gimmicks'
- 14:27 Fitness-for-work tests unfair on people with mental health...
- 14:26 In pictures: Nasa images of Oklahoma tornado reveal scale of storm
- 14:23 Fence destroyed in village park
- 14:20 Adios: Manuel Pellegrini confirms Malaga exit to pave the way for...
- 14:20 Another fine mess: QPR troublemaker Adel Taarabt has been fined...