Dev sues record label
Singer Dev is taking legal action to get out of her record contract, insisting she signed an "onerous, one-sided agreement" as a naive 18 year old in 2008.
The star, real name Devin Star Tailes, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles on Monday alleging her contract with Indie-Pop breaks the state of California's Seven Year Rule, which bans personal services agreements which last longer than seven years.
She claims the contract allows label bosses, as well as her former managers and attorney, to take 75 per cent of her income and allows them to deduct expenses from her own share.
The suit adds that she felt rushed to sign the contract as she was told she "could lose out on important... read more
Most read news
- 16:40 SMALL CAP MOVERS: ASOS loses its fashion credentials after issuing...
- 16:39 INVESTMENT FOCUS-Investors snap up euro zone banks, exporters in...
- 16:30 Much-loved Merseyside farm may close to visitors one day a week due...
- 16:29 Alex Salmond Quits After Scotland Votes No
- 16:25 Double murder latest updates: Bodies discovered in Huskisson Street...
- 16:21 Missing Flight MH370 search to resume
- 16:21 Apple's iPhone 6 Plus includes chips from Qualcomm, Skyworks: iFixit
- 16:05 Double murder: Bodies discovered in Huskisson Street house
- 15:57 Fake note fails to save dishonest farmer
- 15:57 Reds legend pitches in for Mahdlo