Dev sues record label
Singer Dev is taking legal action to get out of her record contract, insisting she signed an "onerous, one-sided agreement" as a naive 18 year old in 2008.
The star, real name Devin Star Tailes, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles on Monday alleging her contract with Indie-Pop breaks the state of California's Seven Year Rule, which bans personal services agreements which last longer than seven years.
She claims the contract allows label bosses, as well as her former managers and attorney, to take 75 per cent of her income and allows them to deduct expenses from her own share.
The suit adds that she felt rushed to sign the contract as she was told she "could lose out on important... read more
Most read news
- 22:52 Mind the Gap! Man United boss Louis van Gaal aiming to turn the...
- 22:52 Pablo Zabaleta: Beating Man United can get our season back on track
- 22:39 Alan Irvine hopes missing out on Leicester's Leonardo Ulloa doesn't...
- 22:39 Nigel Pearson demands more from Leicester in bid to reverse slide...
- 22:39 Arsene Wenger: Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez has instincts like...
- 22:32 Murder investigation launched after man shot dead in Openshaw
- 22:15 Fire brigade battle huge blaze at primary school in Northenden
- 22:12 Tommy Docherty interview: The Doc who put Manchester United down...
- 21:55 Norwich 2 - Bolton 1: Cameron Jerome at the double as Canaries soar...
- 21:07 Arsenal News: Khedira to Man Utd, Hummels deal AGREED, Rabiot blow