Dev sues record label
Singer Dev is taking legal action to get out of her record contract, insisting she signed an "onerous, one-sided agreement" as a naive 18 year old in 2008.
The star, real name Devin Star Tailes, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles on Monday alleging her contract with Indie-Pop breaks the state of California's Seven Year Rule, which bans personal services agreements which last longer than seven years.
She claims the contract allows label bosses, as well as her former managers and attorney, to take 75 per cent of her income and allows them to deduct expenses from her own share.
The suit... read more
- 13:33 18 ‘crazy girlfriends’ share their side of the story
- 13:28 Alex Turner and the power tracksuit – stylewatch
- 13:26 Attorney General asked to review Felinheli paedophile who groped...
- 13:23 The 20 best Premier League kits of all time: From Jurgen Klinsmann...
- 13:20 MPs had a pancake race and it got a bit rowdy
- 13:17 10 things only mature students understand
- 13:07 Disabled woman ‘left stranded’ after impatient bus driver leaves...
- 13:05 How Liverpool should line up in FA Cup fourth-round replay against...
- 13:02 Mind over batter: Man eats 7lbs of pancakes in 18 minutes
- 10:49 Liverpool could tie up deal for first summer signing this week