Dev sues record label
Singer Dev is taking legal action to get out of her record contract, insisting she signed an "onerous, one-sided agreement" as a naive 18 year old in 2008.
The star, real name Devin Star Tailes, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles on Monday alleging her contract with Indie-Pop breaks the state of California's Seven Year Rule, which bans personal services agreements which last longer than seven years.
She claims the contract allows label bosses, as well as her former managers and attorney, to take 75 per cent of her income and allows them to deduct expenses from her own share.
The suit... read more
- 20:58 Jeremy Corbyn heads for airstrikes showdown with shadow cabinet
- 20:50 Muslim teenager 'judged by Heathrow Airport staff'
- 20:43 Bodies found in van in Mexico likely to belong to missing WA...
- 20:42 Woman dies after taxi collides with a car in Glasgow's east end
- 20:36 Children as young as nine to be given anti-gang classes
- 20:34 Jurgen Klopp reveals why it feels like Liverpool aren't gathering...
- 20:34 Jurgen Klopp delivers fitness update on Philippe Coutinho
- 20:30 Donors honoured for saving lives
- 20:28 Allen Hurns: On THAT touchdown streak, Allen Robinson and...
- 20:20 Here's how to work out someone's personality, according to an ex...