Dev sues record label
Singer Dev is taking legal action to get out of her record contract, insisting she signed an "onerous, one-sided agreement" as a naive 18 year old in 2008.
The star, real name Devin Star Tailes, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles on Monday alleging her contract with Indie-Pop breaks the state of California's Seven Year Rule, which bans personal services agreements which last longer than seven years.
She claims the contract allows label bosses, as well as her former managers and attorney, to take 75 per cent of her income and allows them to deduct expenses from her own share.
The suit adds that she felt rushed to sign the contract as she was told she "could lose out on important... read more
Most read news
- 15:01 Urban Turban event in Derby - celebrating Sikh history
- 14:45 Burnley 0-0 Manchester United: Angel Di Maria unable to solve Louis...
- 14:41 VIDEO: Thousands at Sheffield Film and Comic Con
- 14:40 VIDEO: Thousands at Sheffield Film and Comic Con
- 14:38 VIDEO: Thousands at Sheffield Film and Comic Con
- 14:32 VIDEO: Thousands at Sheffield Film and Comic Con
- 14:28 Siem de Jong handed first league start for Newcastle
- 13:42 Chelsea transfer news: Blues look to replace Fernando Torres by...
- 12:36 Arsenal battling to sign Barcelona ace Munir El Haddadi in £9.4m...
- 11:44 Manchester United close to matching Juventus' valuation for Arturo...