Dev sues record label
Singer Dev is taking legal action to get out of her record contract, insisting she signed an "onerous, one-sided agreement" as a naive 18 year old in 2008.
The star, real name Devin Star Tailes, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles on Monday alleging her contract with Indie-Pop breaks the state of California's Seven Year Rule, which bans personal services agreements which last longer than seven years.
She claims the contract allows label bosses, as well as her former managers and attorney, to take 75 per cent of her income and allows them to deduct expenses from her own share.
The suit adds that she felt rushed to sign the contract as she was told she "could lose out on important... read more
Most read news
- 09:07 German watchdog eyes Deutsche Bank fourth-quarter disclosure protocol
- 09:07 Vision of happiness: Government sends £5million to breathe new life...
- 09:06 Concert to celebrate milestone for hall
- 09:06 Rangers’ boss looking for reaction from his players
- 09:05 Shell cuts spending by $15bn after oil price decline, but warns on...
- 08:58 Transfer talk: Juan Cuadrado move to Chelsea imminent; Manchester...
- 08:40 High Peak snow update for Friday January 30
- 08:31 Beverley's Kings Head pub re-opens after £325,000 revamp
- 08:19 Large glass of wine can raise stroke risk for the over-50s: Chance...
- 07:56 Manchester United "set to complete £15m Nathaniel Clyne transfer deal'