Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in... read more
- 05:15 Pancreatic cancer urine test hope
- 05:06 Ask a North Korean: what happens on your wedding day?
- 05:06 Bronwyn Bishop says her chief of staff would be a good successor in...
- 04:48 Health by stealth: Inside the food lab
- 04:47 Climate change: Obama to unveil Clean Power Plan
- 04:46 Public servants deny 'ducking for cover' over mishandling of Sydney...
- 04:40 Australia's leaders 'wilfully blind' about climate change, says...
- 04:33 Hong Kong protest over 'breast as weapon' conviction
- 01:58 Nigeria Boko Haram crisis: Army rescues 178 people
- 01:47 Beach babe Alex Gerrard shows off her slim figure in tiny turquoise...