Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her brother’s home in West Rainton.
She then drove to Peterlee police station and walked in, carrying... read more
Most read news
- 17:44 Berlin named most family-friendly city in Europe
- 17:35 IMF chief Christine Lagarde formally accused of negligence by...
- 17:34 Have free night out on Round Table
- 17:27 10 things you only know if you went to De Montfort University in...
- 17:25 How one Swedish start-up is analysing our 'digital handwriting' to...
- 17:18 Russian bank offers "free cat with every mortgage'
- 16:26 Why Swansea City want to have their cake and eat it in the Capital...
- 16:01 Rotherham sex abuse scandal: Derby Labour MP defends under-fire...
- 15:56 "Sex on duty' policeman Lee Kershaw jailed for attacks while...
- 15:55 Manchester United look to offload Shinji Kagawa to Valencia