Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her brother’s home in West Rainton.
She then drove to Peterlee police station and walked in, carrying... read more
Most read news
- 16:28 Petrifying pets: 20 best Halloween outfits for pets
- 16:23 Perfect heart-shaped cloud appears over couple's wedding ceremony...
- 15:44 SNAPPED: Arsenal star Theo Walcott hints at Burnley return
- 15:24 Arsenal target 'the next Gareth Bale' as Arsene Wenger eyes up...
- 15:12 Tyler Blackett: What it's like to play for Manchester United
- 14:47 EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United REFUSE to print shirts with Bale's...
- 14:09 REVEALED: The Man Utd loan star out to the catch the eye of boss...
- 14:02 Arsenal News: Sanchez UNHAPPY at Gunners, Man Utd eye Draxler deal,...
- 13:38 Manchester United close to sealing Julian Draxler transfer despite...
- 13:02 Chelsea News: No regrets for star, Drogba as good as ever, Man Utd...