Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her brother’s home in West Rainton.
She then drove to Peterlee police station and walked in, carrying... read more
- 13:44 Bali Nine: family of executed Brazilian campaign for posthumous pardon
- 13:43 What time does the World Championship snooker final between Shaun...
- 13:40 Times of change on the site of former church
- 13:38 Rain won’t stop the carnival fun
- 13:38 Daughter bids to clear Harris name
- 13:31 Cat Harvey: Random acts of kindness saved the kiltwalk from killing me
- 13:27 FINANCE COMMENT: Economic prosperity does not exist without...
- 13:23 Newcastle defender Mike Williamson hits back at claims he got...
- 13:10 Thousands of migrants rescued in the Med as weekend operations...
- 13:05 Boxing fans round on TV host after Pacquiao interview