Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her... read more
- 15:14 Brenda still helping others
- 15:13 Jim Carrey says a final goodbye to his ex-girlfriend Cathriona...
- 15:12 Police warning after ‘broken down car’ scammers reported in Leeds
- 15:05 Lancaster designers celebrate top UK sales success
- 15:03 Where there’s a Wilko....
- 14:57 Michigan state trooper kills man who shot him with crossbow
- 14:51 Dublin travellers' site fire horror as at least nine people killed...
- 14:50 Nico Rosberg secures back-to-back pole positions after beating...
- 13:30 Harry Redknapp: Carlo Ancelotti was Liverpool's first choice not...
- 12:55 Liverpool considered move for Real Madrid star Gareth Bale