Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her brother’s home in West Rainton.
She then drove to Peterlee police station and walked in, carrying... read more
Most read news
- 16:48 Man City poll: Just a blip or time to panic?
- 16:43 Real Madrid team bus welcomed by thousands of fans ahead of El...
- 16:43 TRANSFER NEWS: Ozil to City, Valdes nears Man Utd, Chelsea,...
- 16:34 Real Madrid vs Barcelona team news: Luis Suarez starts in El Clasico
- 16:28 Real Madrid v Barcelona team news: Luis Suarez STARTS in the...
- 16:19 Alexis Sanchez scores for Arsenal after comedy error from...
- 15:48 The HILARIOUS moment Russell Brand STORMS into Sam Allardyce's West...
- 15:22 SNAPPED: Liverpool fans ditch Mario Balotelli shirts outside Anfield
- 13:35 Liverpool News: Dressing room BUST-UP, Carragher return as coach,...
- 13:25 TRANSFER NEWS: Ozil to LEAVE Arsenal, Anfield hero to return to...