Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her brother’s home in West Rainton.
She then drove to Peterlee police station and walked in, carrying... read more
- 10:23 GLOBAL MARKETS-Dollar momentum wanes, China stocks take heavy tumble
- 10:21 One Ukrainian serviceman killed by land mine in east Ukraine:...
- 10:19 Albert Johanneson: first black footballer to play in the FA Cup final
- 10:10 Jurgen Klopp: I want to manage Liverpool
- 10:08 Woman walks away unhurt after car flips and lands on two vehicles...
- 09:17 Five forwards Newcastle United should make transfer bids for this...
- 08:55 Manchester United "to announce £20m transfer of Borussia Dortmund...
- 08:41 Man Utd Transfer News: Rodriguez IN TALKS, Gundogan AGREES United...
- 08:15 Manchester United target De Bruyne can be as good as special...
- 08:11 Man Utd to announce Ilkay Gundogan deal THIS WEEKEND after agreeing...