Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her brother’s home in West Rainton.
She then drove to Peterlee police station and walked in, carrying... read more
Most read news
- 09:27 UPDATE: Fegg Hayes fire believed to be arson
- 09:19 Why Cesc Fabregas is the perfect architect for Jose Mourinho's...
- 09:18 Firms hope to boost apprentice numbers
- 09:17 Bransholme mum Kim Mercer appeals to thieves to return son's moped
- 09:16 Dearne MP leads calls for new laws to help crime victims
- 09:15 How fear can be ‘programmed’ into infants by the smell their...
- 09:13 Dad writes daughter's wedding song
- 09:13 Village refuses to give up planning fight
- 09:13 Farm celebrates with expansion plan
- 09:13 Cannabis found in van leads to £25,000 drugs factory in Grimsby