Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her brother’s home in West Rainton.
She then drove to Peterlee police station and walked in, carrying... read more
Most read news
- 06:49 Crewe Alexandra 1 Bristol City 0: Matchwinner Ness not surprised at...
- 06:46 WEATHER: Cloudy and windy day with rain later for Lincolnshire
- 06:41 Man fighting for life after ‘not suspicious’ incident in Sunderland
- 06:41 Passenger rise ‘should lead to new train stock’
- 06:41 Christmas in prison for grandfather
- 06:41 Sunderland fan ‘was forced to carry smoke bomb’ into Stadium of Light
- 06:41 Dream trip – thanks to Gazette’s readers
- 06:41 Weight-loss op led to death of woman
- 06:34 Mid-life health 'can halt dementia'
- 06:34 Man, 22, shot dead in car attack