Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her brother’s home in West Rainton.
She then drove to Peterlee police station and walked in, carrying... read more
Most read news
- 15:45 Less than a third of children have climbed a tree in the last year,...
- 15:43 NHS offer cash scheme to overweight people
- 15:43 Your photos: Little Horrors and smashing pumpkins
- 15:41 Converse launches Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber collection
- 15:40 US priests’ dance off video goes viral
- 15:40 Penistone house fire: Man and son dead in South Yorkshire blaze
- 15:32 The Specials' Gangsters symbolised the fight against the fascists...
- 15:26 Police fire tear gas and rubber bullets at Everton fans in Lille
- 13:38 Emmanuel Frimpong launches attack on Arsene Wenger's transfer...
- 13:34 Liverpool News: Balotelli apology, Henderson's dream plus Origi...