Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her brother’s home in West Rainton.
She then drove to Peterlee police station and walked in, carrying... read more
Most read news
- 01:10 Player ratings and your #TerraceTweets after Hartlepool United’s...
- 01:09 Police probe into attack after Sheffield United game
- 01:08 Total's CEO dies in Moscow plane crash
- 01:07 Angel di Maria concern for Manchester United as midfielder holds...
- 01:07 Louis van Gaal says Manchester United can still catch Premier...
- 01:07 Joleon Lescott shows Louis van Gaal what he missed after...
- 01:07 Liverpool midfielder Suso wanted by AC Milan as CEO Adriano...
- 00:52 Delevingne makes young rich list
- 00:49 Delevingne makes young rich list
- 00:07 Greene King ups stakes in £725m bid to buy Spirit