Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her brother’s home in West Rainton.
She then drove to Peterlee police station and walked in, carrying... read more
Most read news
- 03:31 Childcare protesters to meet Sturgeon
- 03:25 A-League: what to look out for in round eight
- 03:23 Watson's complete hat trick
- 03:23 'You have to be making every final just to cover your costs'
- 03:23 Cricket will continue to be cherished with a passion once tears...
- 03:22 Murder accused 'had leg and hand injuries'
- 03:21 Craig Whyte to appear in Glasgow court on charges regarding...
- 03:14 Boatload of 700 refugees arrives
- 03:14 Juncker survives vote over Luxembourg's tax policies
- 03:05 Group that helps lonely in Sheffield could close due to lack of...