Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her brother’s home in West Rainton.
She then drove to Peterlee police station and walked in, carrying... read more
Most read news
- 07:17 That’s a valet good project
- 07:17 Riviere happy to swap French Riviera for Newcastle Utd
- 07:17 Fined drivers 'had no choice but to continue' down Station Street
- 07:17 Nottingham journalist captive in Ukraine again
- 07:17 Motorist wins his appeal against Station Street fine
- 07:16 Exhbition at Browne’s Hospital marks war centenary
- 07:16 Facebook Stock Record As Profits Grow 137%
- 07:16 Taking a walk on the wild side
- 07:15 Chelmorton man wins national shooting contest
- 07:14 Give us compensation, demand Derby firms which have lost thousands...