Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her brother’s home in West Rainton.
She then drove to Peterlee police station and walked in, carrying... read more
Most read news
- 18:59 Alice Gross missing: Police discover knife in London river in...
- 18:55 Mum tells of girl shooting horror
- 18:52 Islamic State: David Cameron to meet Iran’s President to discuss...
- 18:49 Look: Former Litherland Constitutional Club on fire for second time...
- 18:38 US STOCKS-Stocks retreat from record highs on China jitters
- 18:33 Stephen Bennett murder: Third person in custody over Vauxhall death
- 18:19 TRANSFER NEWS: Mata set for Man Utd exit, Arsenal lose starlet,...
- 18:12 Isolated, barren island once used as a penal colony pitched as...
- 18:04 Man missing in the sea off Sunderland after trying to rescue a dog
- 17:10 Arsenal vs Southampton team news: Arsene Wenger hints at starting...