Doctor struck off after psychotic patient killed her two-year-old son
A DOCTOR has been struck off after being found guilty of serious misconduct for allowing a psychotic woman to leave an accident and emergency unit just hours before she killed her two-year-old son.
Clement Agbatar failed in his duty to ensure that Melanie Ruddell was seen by the mental health crisis team at University Hospital of Hartlepool in August 2010, a tribunal has ruled.
Her family and friends had raised concerns after she claimed she had been drugged and raped.
Ruddell, then living in Castle Eden, discharged herself, and that night, she strangled and stabbed her son Christy at her... read more
- 01:44 Ferne McCann in tears during I'm A Celebrity Bushtucker Trial
- 01:43 What Republicans look for in a president: Conservative voters like...
- 01:43 The astonishing regeneration experiment that allowed worms to...
- 01:34 Rita Ora flashes a hint of cleavage in black shirt with mesh...
- 01:34 'He's good for her': Amy Childs moves on with Hollywood-based actor...
- 01:31 Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho kisses and makes up with Diego Costa...
- 01:31 Liverpool hero: This is what the Reds have under Jurgen Klopp
- 01:24 Naked Australian man arrested for burger theft
- 01:16 Report says combination of errors led to U.S. bombing of MSF...
- 01:07 Manchester United transfer news: Cristiano Ronaldo on, Sadio Mane...