Driver in court over A6 death
A MAN is to appear before the courts over the death of a father-of-one who was killed when his bike was in a collision with a van at a notorious Preston roundabout.
Paul Fingleton, 47, from Fulwood, died after the incident at Broughton roundabout on May 14, 2012.
Mr Fingleton, a director at Montpelier Chartered Accountants in Fulwood, suffered serious head injuries in the crash on the A6.
He died a short time later at Royal Preston Hospital.
The University of Central Lancashire graduate had a 13-year-old daughter, Hannah, with his wife Ann.
Citroen van driver Frank Brian Wrathall, 26, from Strickens Lane, Barnacre, near Preston is accused of causing death by dangerous driving.
He denies... read more
Most read news
- 07:21 VIDEO: ‘Giving youngsters their chance in the spotlight’
- 07:17 OPINION: Benefits of apprentices
- 07:16 Buisness owner’s anger after immigration raid at busiest time
- 07:08 Kitchen firm gives trainees helping hand on career leader
- 07:07 Ex-MSP Bill Walker to appeal abuse conviction
- 07:02 Enjoy a free hot drink on us
- 07:02 WEATHER: Patchy rain, bright windy afternoon in Lincolnshire
- 07:01 Dispelling the nightmares of post-traumatic stress disorder
- 07:00 Family chippy Shaw batters opposition
- 06:52 Group shuts after raising £750k for charity