Driver in court over A6 death
A MAN is to appear before the courts over the death of a father-of-one who was killed when his bike was in a collision with a van at a notorious Preston roundabout.
Paul Fingleton, 47, from Fulwood, died after the incident at Broughton roundabout on May 14, 2012.
Mr Fingleton, a director at Montpelier Chartered Accountants in Fulwood, suffered serious head injuries in the crash on the A6.
He died a short time later at Royal Preston Hospital.
The University of Central Lancashire graduate had a 13-year-old daughter, Hannah, with his wife Ann.
Citroen van driver Frank Brian Wrathall, 26, from Strickens Lane, Barnacre, near Preston is accused of causing death by dangerous driving.
He denies... read more
Most read news
- 05:32 Scunthorpe United v MK Dons: Mark Robins believes Iron can give...
- 05:23 Gabelli trust appoints pair before market listing
- 05:23 Standard Life investors set for £1.75bn windfall
- 05:23 Hong Kong Tycoon Li set to buy O2 in £10bn deal
- 05:18 Auschwitz liberation ceremony will be the last for many survivors...
- 05:18 Auschwitz: a short history of the Nazi concentration camp
- 05:09 Napton couple make a success of running village store
- 05:09 Work to start on 135 new homes on edge of village
- 05:06 Cigarette law could mean heavy fine or jail
- 05:02 Qantas scraps fuel surcharge but raises fares