Driver in court over A6 death
A MAN is to appear before the courts over the death of a father-of-one who was killed when his bike was in a collision with a van at a notorious Preston roundabout.
Paul Fingleton, 47, from Fulwood, died after the incident at Broughton roundabout on May 14, 2012.
Mr Fingleton, a director at Montpelier Chartered Accountants in Fulwood, suffered serious head injuries in the crash on the A6.
He died a short time later at Royal Preston Hospital.
The University of Central Lancashire graduate had a 13-year-old daughter, Hannah, with his wife Ann.
Citroen van driver Frank Brian Wrathall, 26, from Strickens Lane, Barnacre, near Preston is accused of causing death by dangerous driving.
He denies... read more
Most read news
- 07:06 China Resources Enterprise flags loss as Tesco JV weighs
- 07:04 D-day as city pupils learn GCSE results
- 07:03 Homes plan for former nursery
- 07:01 Foster's Edinburgh Comedy awards shortlist announced
- 06:59 Drink-driver fled after crashing into barriers
- 06:59 Bakewell shop needs unwanted clothes
- 06:57 New site for Nottingham's fire station
- 06:57 Rabbit hunt knife illegal
- 06:57 Courses with creative feel
- 06:44 Mackay facing string of allegations