Driver in court over A6 death
A MAN is to appear before the courts over the death of a father-of-one who was killed when his bike was in a collision with a van at a notorious Preston roundabout.
Paul Fingleton, 47, from Fulwood, died after the incident at Broughton roundabout on May 14, 2012.
Mr Fingleton, a director at Montpelier Chartered Accountants in Fulwood, suffered serious head injuries in the crash on the A6.
He died a short time later at Royal Preston Hospital.
The University of Central Lancashire graduate had a 13-year-old daughter, Hannah, with his wife Ann.
Citroen van driver Frank Brian Wrathall, 26, from Strickens Lane, Barnacre, near Preston is accused of causing death by dangerous driving.
He denies... read more
- 07:15 24 things that easily-irritated people need you to understand about...
- 07:03 Missing Coalville teenager, 16, found safe and well
- 07:03 Italy v England: Five memorable meetings
- 07:00 Met Office warn high winds could cause disruption
- 06:59 Malaysian man sentenced to death for murder of British students...
- 06:57 Manager's terror as four armed men raid his Grimsby shop
- 06:57 Shutting up shop at 83! is this the oldest worker in town?
- 06:55 Arsenal and Liverpool sweating on fitness of key men ahead of...
- 06:46 Wayne Rooney's England target is good news for Manchester United
- 06:46 Why Liverpool must ignore Sunderland's interest in young...