Driver in court over A6 death
A MAN is to appear before the courts over the death of a father-of-one who was killed when his bike was in a collision with a van at a notorious Preston roundabout.
Paul Fingleton, 47, from Fulwood, died after the incident at Broughton roundabout on May 14, 2012.
Mr Fingleton, a director at Montpelier Chartered Accountants in Fulwood, suffered serious head injuries in the crash on the A6.
He died a short time later at Royal Preston Hospital.
The University of Central Lancashire graduate had a 13-year-old daughter, Hannah, with his wife Ann.
Citroen van driver Frank Brian Wrathall, 26, from Strickens Lane, Barnacre, near Preston is accused of causing death by dangerous driving.
He denies... read more
Most read news
- 08:36 Anything is possible for Newcastle Utd this season
- 08:30 Yaya Toure issue resolved at Manchester City but questions remain...
- 08:30 Edinburgh Fringe: Biggest arts festival in the world begins
- 08:30 Bristol's The Fleece music venue: nearby flats given the green light
- 08:29 Taking the Pill 'raises the risk of breast cancer by 50 per cent'
- 08:23 Japan offers vessels to Vietnam to boost its sea strength
- 08:22 Weather update: Shirebrook suffers freak hail storm
- 08:20 Weekend Sentinel August 2: The best in bohemian chic, the woman...
- 08:11 Concerns raised over use of funds for legal threat
- 08:11 Arsenal eye Real Madrid veteran Alvaro Arbeloa as Thomas Vermaelen...