Driver in court over A6 death
A MAN is to appear before the courts over the death of a father-of-one who was killed when his bike was in a collision with a van at a notorious Preston roundabout.
Paul Fingleton, 47, from Fulwood, died after the incident at Broughton roundabout on May 14, 2012.
Mr Fingleton, a director at Montpelier Chartered Accountants in Fulwood, suffered serious head injuries in the crash on the A6.
He died a short time later at Royal Preston Hospital.
The University of Central Lancashire graduate had a 13-year-old daughter, Hannah, with his wife Ann.
Citroen van driver Frank Brian Wrathall, 26, from Strickens Lane, Barnacre, near Preston is accused of causing death by dangerous driving.
He denies... read more
Most read news
- 06:22 Poor performance catching up with active stock fund managers
- 06:19 Legendary Deacon Blue perform special session for the Record and...
- 06:18 In Pictures: Arsenal of guns retrieved by Merseyside Police during...
- 06:16 Court closed after consultation sham
- 06:15 Entrepreneurs’ venture pops up in Sheffield
- 06:14 Pair will stand up for students’ rights
- 06:13 GP Taylor: what makes me happy
- 06:12 £17bn hole in tax receipts has wrecked deficit-cutting plan, TUC...
- 06:11 Worker crushed by falling piece of steel was ‘liked and admired’ by...
- 06:10 Builder quizzed over double murder