Driver in court over A6 death
A MAN is to appear before the courts over the death of a father-of-one who was killed when his bike was in a collision with a van at a notorious Preston roundabout.
Paul Fingleton, 47, from Fulwood, died after the incident at Broughton roundabout on May 14, 2012.
Mr Fingleton, a director at Montpelier Chartered Accountants in Fulwood, suffered serious head injuries in the crash on the A6.
He died a short time later at Royal Preston Hospital.
The University of Central Lancashire graduate had a 13-year-old daughter, Hannah, with his wife Ann.
Citroen van driver Frank Brian Wrathall, 26, from Strickens Lane, Barnacre, near Preston is accused of causing death by dangerous driving.
He denies... read more
Most read news
- 12:27 World Cup 2014: 'England aren't welcome here', says mayor of Manaus...
- 12:27 Missing wildlife camera captures eagle selfie
- 12:23 Russia crash pilot may have had dubious licence-investigators
- 12:13 NICE recommends new Sanofi MS pill
- 12:12 David Moyes denies calling Everton fans a 'f****** disgrace' after...
- 12:08 Oil and gas leads FTSE higher after broker upgrade
- 12:08 Ireland to beat deficit targets on bumper tax take - Finance Minister
- 12:00 White Christmas, Festival Theatre, Edinburgh
- 11:37 Elton John Russia gigs 'will go ahead' say organisers
- 11:11 Moneybags Monaco set to tempt Evra away from United with lucrative...