Driver in court over A6 death
A MAN is to appear before the courts over the death of a father-of-one who was killed when his bike was in a collision with a van at a notorious Preston roundabout.
Paul Fingleton, 47, from Fulwood, died after the incident at Broughton roundabout on May 14, 2012.
Mr Fingleton, a director at Montpelier Chartered Accountants in Fulwood, suffered serious head injuries in the crash on the A6.
He died a short time later at Royal Preston Hospital.
The University of Central Lancashire graduate had a 13-year-old daughter, Hannah, with his wife Ann.
Citroen van driver Frank Brian Wrathall, 26, from Strickens Lane, Barnacre, near Preston is accused of causing death by dangerous driving.
He denies... read more
Most read news
- 05:05 Redrow ploughs on with Ravenhurst Playing Fields housing plans
- 04:45 Claire overcomes fear of heights for charity
- 04:43 'Key step' in search for leukaemia cure at University of Birmingham
- 04:30 U.S., partner nations launch first strikes in Syria
- 04:27 BHP to axe 700 coalmining jobs in Queensland
- 04:25 Young fan greets Harry with hug
- 04:21 Arts news
- 04:16 East Midlands business round-up: September 23
- 03:44 Apple sells more than 10 million new iPhones in first three days
- 03:41 Striker Fletcher injured again