Driver in court over A6 death
A MAN is to appear before the courts over the death of a father-of-one who was killed when his bike was in a collision with a van at a notorious Preston roundabout.
Paul Fingleton, 47, from Fulwood, died after the incident at Broughton roundabout on May 14, 2012.
Mr Fingleton, a director at Montpelier Chartered Accountants in Fulwood, suffered serious head injuries in the crash on the A6.
He died a short time later at Royal Preston Hospital.
The University of Central Lancashire graduate had a 13-year-old daughter, Hannah, with his wife Ann.
Citroen van driver Frank Brian Wrathall, 26, from Strickens Lane, Barnacre, near Preston is accused of causing death by dangerous driving.
He denies... read more
Most read news
- 18:14 UPDATE 2-Insurer Saga could announce $5 bln London listing next week
- 18:11 Free pack of dog chews for Dearne readers
- 17:53 Two conmen jailed over £10m investor scam
- 17:41 RAF Jet Chases Russian Planes Away From UK
- 16:47 Liverpool owners 'absolutely delighted' and set to reward Brendan...
- 16:18 SPOTTED! Paul Scholes leaves Carrington after sealing coaching...
- 16:18 Rio Ferdinand and Rafael not up to standard at Manchester United -...
- 16:10 'Tempers and feelings are running high' - Andy Cole critical of...
- 15:36 Liverpool fan set for first hair cut in 11 years as Reds close in...
- 14:00 Liverpool could coincide Premier League glory with Anfield...