Driver was on mobile phone at time of fatal crash
A racing driver knocked down and killed a cyclist as he towed his racing car to have specialist testing, a court has heard.
Frank Wrathall, 26, denies causing the death of Paul Fingleton by dangerous driving at Preston Crown Court.
Opening the trial, Francis McEntee, prosecuting, said Wrathall, a former Lancaster Royal Grammar School pupil, of Strickens Lane, Barnacre was talking to his girlfriend on his mobile phone at the time of the fatal collision at Broughton roundabout on May 14 last... read more
- 20:56 Facebook's drone is ready for take off: Firm reveals giant craft...
- 20:47 British cable firm snapped up in drive for intelligent cars
- 20:30 UK to back SBM Offshore despite bribery investigations
- 19:43 Shell to look at North Sea assets amid cost cutting
- 19:43 Weir hit by oil price slump with profits down 40%
- 19:30 Manchester United keeper David De Gea "set to join Real Madrid this...
- 19:27 THURSDAY MARKET CLOSE: Energy in the spotlight amid job cuts
- 15:54 Done Deal: Manchester United boosted as star defender signs contract
- 15:51 Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata produces the sexiest first...
- 15:30 Fernando Llorente's agent arrives in London for Arsenal transfer talks