Driver was on mobile phone at time of fatal crash
A racing driver knocked down and killed a cyclist as he towed his racing car to have specialist testing, a court has heard.
Frank Wrathall, 26, denies causing the death of Paul Fingleton by dangerous driving at Preston Crown Court.
Opening the trial, Francis McEntee, prosecuting, said Wrathall, a former Lancaster Royal Grammar School pupil, of Strickens Lane, Barnacre was talking to his girlfriend on his mobile phone at the time of the fatal collision at Broughton roundabout on May 14 last year.
The Citroen van he was driving did not have any Bluetooth and there was no facility for hands-free calling.
At the time of the collision, Mr Fingleton, 47, from Fulwood, was cycling home from... read more
Most read news
- 13:09 17 Pizza Hut meals from around the world we really wish we could...
- 13:09 Tesco's new luxury clothing line Julia is crammed with pretty...
- 12:49 Finance deal puts Blackpool firm at cutting edge
- 12:42 Ofgem unveils huge increase in compensation for blackout victims
- 12:41 University of Northampton reveals revised plans for new £330...
- 12:39 A-Z guide is all U need for uni
- 12:38 Chelsea transfer news: Romelu Lukaku trains with Anderlecht as...
- 10:58 Louis van Gaal gives Wayne Rooney and Antonio Valencia the most...
- 10:50 Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger set to cancel moves for Sami...
- 10:26 Manchester United fan takes most awkward picture ever with...