Driver was on mobile phone at time of fatal crash
A racing driver knocked down and killed a cyclist as he towed his racing car to have specialist testing, a court has heard.
Frank Wrathall, 26, denies causing the death of Paul Fingleton by dangerous driving at Preston Crown Court.
Opening the trial, Francis McEntee, prosecuting, said Wrathall, a former Lancaster Royal Grammar School pupil, of Strickens Lane, Barnacre was talking to his girlfriend on his mobile phone at the time of the fatal collision at Broughton roundabout on May 14 last year.
The Citroen van he was driving did not have any Bluetooth and there was no facility for... read more
- 15:59 Andy Murray ramps up Davis Cup final training as captain Leon Smith...
- 15:53 Chance to meet new artist-in-residence
- 15:51 Man, 81, charged with attempted murder after "pushing woman into...
- 15:50 Hit me with your rhythm stick! Bonobos can keep the beat in drum...
- 15:50 OnePlus 2 'iPhone killer' available WITHOUT an invite for Black...
- 15:38 Man captures intense lightning strike as his plane comes in to land
- 15:33 She's un-Belieb-able! Justin's love interest Selena Gomez displays...
- 15:19 Manchester United target Mats Hummels ready to hand in transfer...
- 15:14 Thibaut Courtois' Chelsea return will be harsh on Asmir Begovic
- 14:06 Manchester United manager Van Gaal needs a right-back - not a...