Driver was on mobile phone at time of fatal crash
A racing driver knocked down and killed a cyclist as he towed his racing car to have specialist testing, a court has heard.
Frank Wrathall, 26, denies causing the death of Paul Fingleton by dangerous driving at Preston Crown Court.
Opening the trial, Francis McEntee, prosecuting, said Wrathall, a former Lancaster Royal Grammar School pupil, of Strickens Lane, Barnacre was talking to his girlfriend on his mobile phone at the time of the fatal collision at Broughton roundabout on May 14 last year.
The Citroen van he was driving did not have any Bluetooth and there was no facility for... read more
- 09:28 Revealed: Arsenal players' private meeting which inspired...
- 09:24 South Carolina flooding: share your photos and experiences
- 09:22 Police warning to Lincolnshire businesses on email malware
- 09:20 Lloyds shares to go on offer to ordinary investors, as Government...
- 09:20 Man arrested in connection with alleged sexual assault on teenager...
- 09:20 5p bag charge - store workers could be ATTACKED by angry shoppers
- 09:20 Desirable family home for sale in Kirk Sandall
- 09:19 Sport fan on right track
- 09:19 Simon Cowell can’t keep his eyes off Lauren Silverman as she walks...
- 09:08 Caught in the act! Smart security system allows homeowners to catch...