Drone strike kills four suspected militants in Pakistan
The controversial drone programme, a key element in U.S. counter-terrorism efforts, is highly unpopular in Pakistan, where it is considered a violation of sovereignty which causes many civilian casualties.
A Pakistani parliamentary committee recently demanded an end to drone strikes on Pakistani territory as part of its recommendations for how its relationship with Washington should change. The United States has given no indication it intends to halt the campaign.
The remotely piloted aircraft targeted an abandoned girls' high school building used by militants in Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan, the officials and witnesses said. Three militants were wounded.
"We... read more
Most read news
- 17:02 Monte Paschi might not be an isolated bank case in Italy - Chairman
- 16:50 Apple, Google and Facebook consider buying GPS app Waze, sparking...
- 16:38 Burning bottle thrown at mosque in Bletchley
- 16:30 Kim Kardashian's sister attacked on Twitter by Frances Cobain in a...
- 16:15 African animals come to Scotland for charity book
- 16:11 Twitter libel: Sally Bercow settles with Tory peer Lord McAlpine...
- 15:58 VIDEO - Armed robbers strike at Skelmanthorpe Post Office
- 15:29 Facebook cancels HTC phone launch in UK
- 15:20 Arsenal close to Williams deal, Benteke and Ilicic to follow?
- 14:41 Slam Dunc for Di Canio as Sunderland boss snaps up non-League...