Duffy flees as blaze rips through huge Kensington penthouse
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
The 'Smoke Without Fire' Welsh singer was seen calling for her cat outside the 10-storey block near High Street Kensington.
She found the pet sheltering under a van, said www.standard.co.uk.
The site reported that more than 60 firefighters tackled the fire for more than six hours at the rented £12m 6,000 sq ft loft apartment, with its own pool and cinema.
About 20 other residents spent the night at a centre nearby. Duffy, a Grammy-winning 28-year-old whose full name is Aimée Ann Duffy, left before 10pm.
Nic Myatt, of London Fire and Rescue, said an investigation was continuing into the cause of... read more
Most read news
- 00:57 'Record number' in low-paid jobs
- 00:55 Edinburgh police cordon off street in hunt for alleged gunman on...
- 00:52 Louis van Gaal admits he is still bitter about defeat to Jose...
- 00:50 Troops to quit Helmand in days
- 00:34 The college putting football first for A-level girls
- 00:32 Could an organ transplant be the ultimate way to 'share' on Facebook?
- 00:32 The Providores, restaurant review: "There seem to be eight elements...
- 00:32 Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Sarah Silverman's back-to-school...
- 22:44 Manchester United vs Chelsea: Louis van Gaal - I could have axed...
- 22:03 Louis van Gaal sets sights on Stoke's Ryan Shawcross to bolster Man...