Duffy flees as blaze rips through huge Kensington penthouse
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
The 'Smoke Without Fire' Welsh singer was seen calling for her cat outside the 10-storey block near High Street Kensington.
She found the pet sheltering under a van, said www.standard.co.uk.
The site reported that more than 60 firefighters tackled the fire for more than six hours at the rented £12m 6,000 sq ft loft apartment, with its own pool and cinema.
About 20 other residents spent the night at a centre nearby. Duffy, a Grammy-winning 28-year-old whose full name is Aimée Ann Duffy, left before 10pm.
Nic Myatt, of London Fire and Rescue, said an investigation was continuing into the cause of... read more
Most read news
- 18:53 Should be grammar school in every town
- 18:43 The age girls hit puberty can be affected by both parents, study finds
- 18:29 MH17 crash victims: First bodies arrive in Netherlands from Ukraine
- 17:49 Tanzania trip tragedy teen Jack Burden: The first picture
- 16:37 Van Gaal: Man Utd are putting my chances of success in jeopardy...
- 16:18 Clegg hits out at Commonwealth gay rights records
- 15:59 Tributes paid to tragic teenager Jack Burden
- 15:55 Liverpool hope to beat Manchester United to Arturo Vidal transfer...
- 13:51 Is it time Arsenal's forgotten man Abou Diaby showed his worth?
- 12:03 Arsene Wenger is right, Arsenal do NOT need another centre-forward