Duffy flees as blaze rips through huge Kensington penthouse
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
The 'Smoke Without Fire' Welsh singer was seen calling for her cat outside the 10-storey block near High Street Kensington.
She found the pet sheltering under a van, said www.standard.co.uk.
The site reported that more than 60 firefighters tackled the fire for more than six hours at the rented £12m 6,000 sq ft loft apartment, with its own pool and cinema.
About 20 other residents spent the night at a centre nearby. Duffy, a Grammy-winning 28-year-old whose full name is Aimée Ann Duffy, left before 10pm.
Nic Myatt, of London Fire and Rescue, said an investigation was continuing into the cause of... read more
Most read news
- 23:32 What you SHOULD have on your plate: We've already been told to...
- 23:20 Cameron-Appointed Quango Chief Resigns
- 23:18 Three bailed over Fegg Hayes stabbing
- 23:17 Spot the dog goes on an incredible journey
- 23:12 Easter fun at wildlife spot
- 23:10 UPDATED: Police confirm “all occupants fine” after accident on A45...
- 22:47 Race for Life: What is cancer? And how a brave little girl named...
- 22:47 Ann Budge: No quick fix for Hearts
- 22:47 Celtic chasing Nick Powell
- 22:42 Sunday's National Newspaper Front Pages