Duffy flees as blaze rips through huge Kensington penthouse
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
The 'Smoke Without Fire' Welsh singer was seen calling for her cat outside the 10-storey block near High Street Kensington.
She found the pet sheltering under a van, said www.standard.co.uk.
The site reported that more than 60 firefighters tackled the fire for more than six hours at the rented £12m 6,000 sq ft loft apartment, with its own pool and cinema.
About 20 other residents spent the night at a centre nearby. Duffy, a Grammy-winning 28-year-old whose full name is Aimée Ann Duffy, left before 10pm.
Nic Myatt, of London Fire and Rescue, said an investigation was continuing into the cause of... read more
Most read news
- 05:43 Europe 'needs outbreak hit squad'
- 04:56 City Link closure disgraceful, RMT union says
- 04:55 Louth man found drink driving while already banned for drink driving
- 04:52 Russia says rouble crisis over as reserves dive, inflation climbs
- 04:25 Sleaford charity swimathon raises over £6,000
- 04:20 Firebomb attack wounds Israeli father and daughter in West Bank
- 04:20 China police fire on Tibetans after self-immolations - rights group
- 04:20 Small passenger plane crashes in Colombia killing seven - report
- 04:18 Britain Braced For Post-Christmas Cold Snap
- 04:01 Mourners Remember Boxing Day Tsunami Victims