Duffy flees as blaze rips through huge Kensington penthouse
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
The 'Smoke Without Fire' Welsh singer was seen calling for her cat outside the 10-storey block near High Street Kensington.
She found the pet sheltering under a van, said www.standard.co.uk.
The site reported that more than 60 firefighters tackled the fire for more than six hours at the rented £12m 6,000 sq ft loft apartment, with its own pool and cinema.
About 20 other residents spent the night at a centre nearby. Duffy, a Grammy-winning 28-year-old whose full name is Aimée Ann Duffy, left before 10pm.
Nic Myatt, of London Fire and Rescue, said an investigation was continuing into the cause of... read more
Most read news
- 19:02 7 reasons autumn is the king of all the seasons
- 18:53 The mystery deepens: Video emerges of bizarre rock said to be 150...
- 18:52 Police arrest man for ‘manufacturing explosive devices in Iraq’
- 18:45 What's on TV tonight? New BBC crime drama starring David Morrissey
- 18:30 Ed Miliband promises £2.5bn a year boost for NHS
- 18:30 White Tiger Mauls Man To Death In Zoo Horror
- 18:27 White Tiger Mauls Man To Death In Zoo Horror
- 18:26 Ed Miliband to boost NHS using new ‘mansion tax’
- 18:25 Ramsay's Costa del Nightmares on Channel 4 tonight with Gordon...
- 18:09 ‘Save cancer unit that saved my life’ plea from Hartlepool mum