Duffy flees as blaze rips through huge Kensington penthouse
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
The 'Smoke Without Fire' Welsh singer was seen calling for her cat outside the 10-storey block near High Street Kensington.
She found the pet sheltering under a van, said www.standard.co.uk.
The site reported that more than 60 firefighters tackled the fire for more than six hours at the rented £12m 6,000 sq ft loft apartment, with its own pool and cinema.
About 20 other residents spent the night at a centre nearby. Duffy, a Grammy-winning 28-year-old whose full name is Aimée Ann Duffy, left before 10pm.
Nic Myatt, of London Fire and Rescue, said an investigation was continuing into the cause of... read more
Most read news
- 10:16 Kylie Minogue: Kiss Me Once – album stream
- 10:16 Look beyond the fund usual suspects if you are hunting for income...
- 10:16 The secret to bagging a brand new car on the cheap - by playing the...
- 10:13 Rio Ferdinand and Michael Carrick crash England rugby team's...
- 10:12 Mark Currie: A lot has happened in 10 months for Wrexham FC and...
- 10:10 Owner of Hartlepool snooker club ‘devastated’ at seeing his hard...
- 10:09 'Sure do miss that laugh': Simpsons pays tribute to Marcia Wallace...
- 10:08 Man Utd's Juan Mata aims to take 'good feelings' from West Brom win...
- 10:00 Teenager arrested in 'Mortal Kombat' ecstasy probe
- 09:57 Headteacher's voyeurism case sent to crown court