Duffy flees as blaze rips through huge Kensington penthouse
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
The 'Smoke Without Fire' Welsh singer was seen calling for her cat outside the 10-storey block near High Street Kensington.
She found the pet sheltering under a van, said www.standard.co.uk.
The site reported that more than 60 firefighters tackled the fire for more than six hours at the rented £12m 6,000 sq ft loft apartment, with its own pool and cinema.
About 20 other residents spent the night at a centre nearby. Duffy, a Grammy-winning 28-year-old whose full name is Aimée Ann Duffy, left before 10pm.
Nic Myatt, of London Fire and Rescue, said an investigation was continuing into the cause of... read more
Most read news
- 04:54 Rights group slams Thai detention of child migrants and refugees
- 04:47 Brazil's Silva looks presidential, but not a shoo-in
- 04:43 Appeal to stop prized Wedgwood Collection from being sold
- 04:38 Japan wage growth surges in July
- 04:28 Chris Kelly loses £500k bet after standing down as MP
- 03:12 Blind is seen at United but club left waiting for Falcao
- 02:40 Chelsea cash in on the £100m cast-offs as number of loanees playing...
- 01:13 Smith and Poleon out - Montenegro in at Leeds United
- 22:50 West Ham transfer news: Hammers hope to beat deadline with signing...
- 22:42 Radamel Falcao deal yet to be confirmed, Manchester United fans...