Duffy flees as blaze rips through huge Kensington penthouse
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
The 'Smoke Without Fire' Welsh singer was seen calling for her cat outside the 10-storey block near High Street Kensington.
She found the pet sheltering under a van, said www.standard.co.uk.
The site reported that more than 60 firefighters tackled the fire for more than six hours at the rented £12m 6,000 sq ft loft apartment, with its own pool and cinema.
About 20 other residents spent the night at a centre nearby. Duffy, a Grammy-winning 28-year-old whose full name is Aimée Ann Duffy, left before 10pm.
Nic Myatt, of London Fire and Rescue, said an investigation was continuing into the cause of... read more
Most read news
- 20:35 Arsenal fan stages one-man protest to get rid of Arsene Wenger...
- 20:35 Wayne Rooney congratulates Manchester United defence on clean...
- 20:33 SNP could seek Westminster alliances with Plaid Cymru and Greens in...
- 20:30 Vote: Will Man Utd finish above Arsenal this season?
- 20:27 Demonstrators clash with French police over protester death
- 20:25 Arsenal vs Manchester United: Five things we learnt from the Emirates
- 20:25 Terry Venables: Wayne Rooney is roaring again and the world knows...
- 20:25 Arsenal vs Manchester United player ratings: Who was the star man?...
- 20:16 Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United PLAYER RATINGS: David De Gea and...
- 20:16 Danny Welbeck may have to get used to playing on wing after moving...