Duffy flees as blaze rips through huge Kensington penthouse
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
The 'Smoke Without Fire' Welsh singer was seen calling for her cat outside the 10-storey block near High Street Kensington.
She found the pet sheltering under a van, said www.standard.co.uk.
The site reported that more than 60 firefighters tackled the fire for more than six hours at the rented £12m 6,000 sq ft loft apartment, with its own pool and cinema.
About 20 other residents spent the night at a centre nearby. Duffy, a Grammy-winning 28-year-old whose full name is Aimée Ann Duffy, left before 10pm.
Nic Myatt, of London Fire and Rescue, said an investigation was continuing into the cause of... read more
Most read news
- 13:26 England vs India latest: News on day three of the third Test
- 13:26 Commonwealth Games 2014: Weightlifting gold medallist tests...
- 13:26 Liverpool transfer news: Reds buoyed after Marco Reus rejects new...
- 13:23 Cats rescued after house fire in Leeds
- 13:18 Steady house sales growth continues in Scotland
- 13:13 Moeen Ali banned from wearing pro-Palestinian wristbands: what...
- 13:13 West Ham United co-owner David Gold blames jet-lag after...
- 12:17 Xherdan Shaqiri closes the door on a move to Liverpool
- 12:07 Six things every writer knows to be true
- 11:54 Chelsea transfer news: Blues desperate to sell Fernando Torres as...