Duffy flees as blaze rips through huge Kensington penthouse
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
The 'Smoke Without Fire' Welsh singer was seen calling for her cat outside the 10-storey block near High Street Kensington.
She found the pet sheltering under a van, said www.standard.co.uk.
The site reported that more than 60 firefighters tackled the fire for more than six hours at the rented £12m 6,000 sq ft loft apartment, with its own pool and cinema.
About 20 other residents spent the night at a centre nearby. Duffy, a Grammy-winning 28-year-old whose full name is Aimée Ann Duffy, left before 10pm.
Nic Myatt, of London Fire and Rescue, said an investigation was continuing into the cause of... read more
Most read news
- 12:51 Transfer news: Manchester United to re-enter the race to sign...
- 12:51 Levene Poised To Vent Fury Over Lloyds Deal
- 12:43 One is not amused: Simon Cowell looks less than impressed as he's...
- 12:30 Is this the ultimate bike lock? £110 device texts when thieves are...
- 12:29 China hackers 'target EU foreign ministries'
- 12:29 Hull boss Steve Bruce left cursing his luck as penalty claim at...
- 12:18 Transfer news round-up: Robin van Persie to Barcelona; Manuel Neuer...
- 12:04 Champions League: How did Manchester City, Manchester United,...
- 12:03 Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and David Moyes caught heading to...
- 12:03 Ofcmo says TV payday loan adverts have hit 400,000