Duffy flees as blaze rips through huge Kensington penthouse
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
The 'Smoke Without Fire' Welsh singer was seen calling for her cat outside the 10-storey block near High Street Kensington.
She found the pet sheltering under a van, said www.standard.co.uk.
The site reported that more than 60 firefighters tackled the fire for more than six hours at the rented £12m 6,000 sq ft loft apartment, with its own pool and cinema.
About 20 other residents spent the night at a centre nearby. Duffy, a Grammy-winning 28-year-old whose full name is Aimée Ann Duffy, left before 10pm.
Nic Myatt, of London Fire and Rescue, said an investigation was continuing into the cause of... read more
Most read news
- 05:35 Student’s farm shop idea proves a perfect match
- 05:19 Deaf charity fined for discrimination
- 05:13 Economy survey results revealed at business breakfast
- 05:13 £238k payout paves way for end to land row
- 05:13 Remember loved ones with Light Up a Life
- 05:10 How North Korea is tackling Ebola
- 04:58 Momentum behind fly grazing law changes
- 04:51 Signs of long-term faith in dairy
- 04:49 Set off fireworks: The best knits for Bonfire Night
- 04:41 Canadian Mountie killer jailed for five life sentences