Duffy flees as blaze rips through huge Kensington penthouse
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
The 'Smoke Without Fire' Welsh singer was seen calling for her cat outside the 10-storey block near High Street Kensington.
She found the pet sheltering under a van, said www.standard.co.uk.
The site reported that more than 60 firefighters tackled the fire for more than six hours at the rented £12m 6,000 sq ft loft apartment, with its own pool and cinema.
About 20 other residents spent the night at a centre nearby. Duffy, a Grammy-winning 28-year-old whose full name is Aimée Ann Duffy, left before 10pm.
Nic Myatt, of London Fire and Rescue, said an investigation was continuing into the cause of... read more
- 11:32 Co-op coughs up £4m to keep chief executive in the hot seat
- 11:32 BREAKING NEWS: Beeb producer punched by Jeremy Clarkson will NOT be...
- 11:30 Chair-bound workers 'should move around every hour to reduce...
- 11:28 The Face of an Angel - film review: Cara Delevingne engaging in...
- 11:24 Sexism rife in kitchen: Michel Roux Jr hits out at 'dinosaur' chefs...
- 11:24 Apple rumoured to be planning launch of three new iPhones this year
- 11:24 Leinster v Glasgow Warriors: Gregor Townsend sounds rallying cry...
- 11:24 Germanwings disaster: Civil Aviation Authority urges all UK...
- 11:14 Sons of Robin van Persie and former Manchester United stars Darren...
- 10:43 Manchester United transfers: David De Gea happy at Old Trafford