Duffy flees as blaze rips through huge Kensington penthouse
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
The 'Smoke Without Fire' Welsh singer was seen calling for her cat outside the 10-storey block near High Street Kensington.
She found the pet sheltering under a van, said www.standard.co.uk.
The site reported that more than 60 firefighters tackled the fire for more than six hours at the rented £12m 6,000 sq ft loft apartment, with its own pool and cinema.
About 20 other residents spent the night at a centre nearby. Duffy, a Grammy-winning 28-year-old whose full name is Aimée Ann Duffy, left before 10pm.
Nic Myatt, of London Fire and Rescue, said an investigation was continuing into the cause of... read more
- 00:02 US ambassador Mark Lippert attacked while giving lecture in South...
- 23:56 Cuba, EU renew talks on relations; will discuss human rights
- 23:47 California man sought to travel to Syria to join Islamic State -...
- 23:46 Tory Poll: SNP Will Take Gordon Brown's Seat
- 23:42 U.S. ambassador to South Korea slashed in face by assailant
- 23:26 Ashley Young: Man Utd are the biggest club in the world - we don't...
- 23:23 Newcastle 0 Manchester United 1: Ashley Young pounces on Tim Krul...
- 23:23 Per Mertesacker's response after coming off the bench will have...
- 22:53 Liverpool FC 2 Burnley FC 0: Carl Markham's verdict
- 21:48 Leeds 2-1 Ipswich: Billy Sharp dents Tractor Boys' play-off hopes...