Duran Duran Games gig bemuses fans
Duran Duran are to head the line-up of a major Olympic Games opening concert - but their inclusion has prompted bemusement from some music fans.
The 80s chart-toppers will represent musical talent from England, alongside other acts representing Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, for the July 27 show to coincide with the opening ceremony.
But the announcement prompted many people to express bewilderment that Duran Duran were the best representatives of modern music.
The band - formed 34 years ago and led by 53-year-old Simon Le Bon - have scored just two top 10 hits in the past two decades.
Novelist and broadcaster Tony Parsons was among many Twitter users who posted messages... read more
Most read news
- 23:11 As the Sergio Garcia/Tiger Woods row excalates, we ask: is golf...
- 23:02 Judges give reasons for rejecting Bali Briton's appeal
- 23:02 Mad Men recap: Season six, episode eight – The Crash
- 21:46 Woolwich attack: meat cleaver, knife and jihadist claims filmed on...
- 21:45 Activist Raider Stalks London-Listed Oil Firm
- 21:27 'He drove off laughing...'
- 21:27 It's an eye for an eye - attacker
- 21:27 Man butchered by 'terror' pair
- 21:21 Woolwich killing: horror on John Wilson Street
- 21:21 Man butchered by 'terror' pair