Earlier closing times for Otley tips
Shorter opening hours have been introduced at council-run tips in Otley and Yeadon.
The Ellar Ghyll house-hold waste sorting site, between Otley and Menston, and Milners Road in Yeadon, are both now closing at 4pm every day.
The change, introduced on Monday, will not affect opening times at any of Leeds City Council’s nine tips, which remains at 8am, seven days a week.
The council is also reminding residents that a wide range of materials can be re-used and recycled at each site.
Executive member for the environment, Councillor Mark Dobson, said: “We’d like to remind residents that if they are planning a trip to one of our household waste sorting sites that, while they’re still... read more
Most read news
- 06:28 Middle age drink-drug cases surge
- 06:28 No kids unless you're stable: judge
- 06:24 Singapore shares steady as upbeat China data lends support
- 06:24 Norwich defender Michael Turner hails surprise clean sheet - and...
- 01:57 What the Sunday Papers Said
- 01:45 Another Ashes thrashing for England as brainless Broad's stupid...
- 01:45 What we learned this weekend: Chelsea badly miss Drogba in attack...
- 01:36 Matt Butler: Poignant moments hidden behind Bristow bravado
- 01:36 Kevin Garside: Ogilvy is quite right... journalists should not be...
- 01:36 Union-League cross-code fixture plan denied