Earlier closing times for Otley tips
Shorter opening hours have been introduced at council-run tips in Otley and Yeadon.
The Ellar Ghyll house-hold waste sorting site, between Otley and Menston, and Milners Road in Yeadon, are both now closing at 4pm every day.
The change, introduced on Monday, will not affect opening times at any of Leeds City Council’s nine tips, which remains at 8am, seven days a week.
The council is also reminding residents that a wide range of materials can be re-used and recycled at each site.
Executive member for the environment, Councillor Mark Dobson, said: “We’d like to remind residents that if they are planning a trip to one of our household waste sorting sites that, while they’re still... read more
Most read news
- 05:32 Scunthorpe United v MK Dons: Mark Robins believes Iron can give...
- 05:23 Gabelli trust appoints pair before market listing
- 05:23 Standard Life investors set for £1.75bn windfall
- 05:23 Hong Kong Tycoon Li set to buy O2 in £10bn deal
- 05:18 Auschwitz liberation ceremony will be the last for many survivors...
- 05:18 Auschwitz: a short history of the Nazi concentration camp
- 05:09 Napton couple make a success of running village store
- 05:09 Work to start on 135 new homes on edge of village
- 05:06 Cigarette law could mean heavy fine or jail
- 05:02 Qantas scraps fuel surcharge but raises fares