Earlier closing times for Otley tips
Shorter opening hours have been introduced at council-run tips in Otley and Yeadon.
The Ellar Ghyll house-hold waste sorting site, between Otley and Menston, and Milners Road in Yeadon, are both now closing at 4pm every day.
The change, introduced on Monday, will not affect opening times at any of Leeds City Council’s nine tips, which remains at 8am, seven days a week.
The council is also reminding residents that a wide range of materials can be re-used and recycled at each site.
Executive member for the environment, Councillor Mark Dobson, said: “We’d like to remind residents that if they are planning a trip to one of our household waste sorting sites that, while they’re still... read more
- 02:52 Tsunami warning issued for parts of Pacific after earthquake
- 02:27 Exclusive: CDC hits back at accusation over Sierra Leone timber...
- 02:21 Rafael Nadal's season hits a new low after Fernando Verdasco sends...
- 02:20 Majority of voters not convinced by Tory promises to lower...
- 02:17 Sting vs Triple H: NWO, DX and Shawn Michaels return at...
- 02:07 Small Talk: Far too few of the entrepreneurs starting businesses...
- 01:38 Investors pour billions into luxury student flats
- 00:57 Manchester United "likely to seal Nigel De Jong transfer, Louis van...
- 00:12 Arsenal "looking to seal transfer of £24.8m Barcelona ace Pedro'
- 23:03 Arsenal target Mats Hummels: I'm open to JOINING Man Utd