Earlier closing times for Otley tips
Shorter opening hours have been introduced at council-run tips in Otley and Yeadon.
The Ellar Ghyll house-hold waste sorting site, between Otley and Menston, and Milners Road in Yeadon, are both now closing at 4pm every day.
The change, introduced on Monday, will not affect opening times at any of Leeds City Council’s nine tips, which remains at 8am, seven days a week.
The council is also reminding residents that a wide range of materials can be re-used and recycled at each site.
Executive member for the environment, Councillor Mark Dobson, said: “We’d like to remind residents that if they are planning a trip to one of our household waste sorting sites that, while they’re still... read more
Most read news
- 21:45 Ad tech firm Simulmedia ties TV spots to purchases
- 21:18 Four-course meal raises money for Padiham Mayor’s charity
- 21:17 Branson's ambitious space-travel project plagued by problems and...
- 21:17 Verdict due on British-Iranian woman arrested at Tehran sports stadium
- 21:09 Canada suspends visas for residents of west African Ebola outbreak...
- 21:07 Arsenal News: Khedira to Man Utd, Hummels deal AGREED, Rabiot blow
- 20:52 Hello Kitty conference brings Japanese kitsch to Los Angeles
- 20:28 TRANSFER NEWS: Khedira to Man Utd, Arsenal's Hummels DEAL, Chelsea...
- 19:18 Man Utd target Mats Hummels on the VERGE of joining Arsenal
- 17:21 Cheslea and Arsenal on RED ALERT as Man Utd move a step closer to...