Earlier closing times for Otley tips
Shorter opening hours have been introduced at council-run tips in Otley and Yeadon.
The Ellar Ghyll house-hold waste sorting site, between Otley and Menston, and Milners Road in Yeadon, are both now closing at 4pm every day.
The change, introduced on Monday, will not affect opening times at any of Leeds City Council’s nine tips, which remains at 8am, seven days a week.
The council is also reminding residents that a wide range of materials can be re-used and recycled at each site.
Executive member for the environment, Councillor Mark Dobson, said: “We’d like to remind residents that if they are planning a trip to one of our household waste sorting sites that, while they’re still... read more
Most read news
- 00:51 Comment: Small retailers’ community currency hope
- 00:34 Marco Biagi: SNP must now lead as a government
- 00:34 The Wolf From The Door review: Aristos meet ASBOS at the Royal Court
- 00:16 Research uncovers hope for blood cancer patients
- 00:12 AA prepares to give a breakdown of its results
- 00:10 Whisky sector toasts No vote but wary of tax rise
- 00:10 Peacock Salts targets gormet seasoning £1m boost
- 00:10 No vote saves country from months of uncertainty
- 00:10 Comment: No vote earns collective sigh of relief
- 00:10 Comment: Post referendum bounce ‘on the way’