East Asian actors seek RSC apology over Orphan of Zhao casting
The Orphan of Zhao … Members of the RSC company with the director Greg Doran. Photograph: Kwame Lestrade A group of east Asian actors is seeking an apology from the Royal Shakespeare Company for its controversial casting of The Orphan of Zhao.
Last week, the RSC faced criticism on Facebook over a 17-strong company featuring only three actors of east Asian heritage that will perform James Fenton's adaptation of a piece that is often referred to as the Chinese Hamlet from December.
However, the Stage reports that British Chinese actor Daniel York, the vice-chair of Equity's ethnic minority... read more
- 12:07 Special constable jailed for Berwyn 'wanton vandalism' spree
- 12:06 Roosevelt Democrats: Hillary Clinton's vision, defined by Eleanor
- 11:42 Police warning on vehicle thefts from Chapel St Leonards
- 11:42 Transfer News: Arsenal set to rock Chelsea, Liverpool shock snub,...
- 11:41 Pensioners get a boost: five minutes guide to understanding the...
- 11:41 Opposition view: Scoreline flattered Clobbers, says Glovers boss...
- 11:38 Chinese authorities boost smog alert level in Beijing
- 11:35 Three-way tie seen in Spain's vote as Ciudadanos gains ground
- 11:34 Arsenal making offer to seal Nolito transfer within days - report
- 11:33 The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is simply magical at...