Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 14:42 Grantham court: Warrant for woman
- 14:38 George Boyd covers most ground in a Premier League match as Burnley...
- 14:33 US Defence Secretary Hagel To Resign
- 14:30 Long-lost letter that inspired Jack Kerouac's On the Road...
- 14:24 What’s your most disappointing trip?
- 14:01 Crystal-clear waters, white sandy beaches and quiet bays:...
- 14:01 The surreal park left 40ft underwater when the snow melts... with...
- 13:41 Borussia Dortmund star puts Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal on RED...
- 13:32 TRANSFER NEWS: Remy Liverpool move, Chelsea want £28m 'new...
- 13:17 Tower Bridge's 140ft-high glass walkway smashed by visitor who...