Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 20:28 Best comedians: How the professionals go about their funny...
- 20:23 Signing Andy Carroll was a mistake, admits West Ham chief David...
- 20:21 "I find it hard to love my son': Tragic words spoken by Mikaeel...
- 20:19 Couple net cash for stillborn babies charity
- 20:18 £5m bid for historic Wellingborough Golf Club angels
- 20:04 Has the US finally fallen in love with soccer?
- 20:04 Commonwealth Games 2014: Ben Proud lands butterfly gold
- 19:37 BREAKING: Murder investigation as man found dead in car with...
- 18:42 Saints try to fend off Spurs and Arsenal with £27m Morgan...
- 16:01 Arsenal wonderkid Gedion Zelalem scores absolutely incredible...