Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 00:30 The word of God (according to Hollywood)! A look back on films...
- 00:28 Routine win for Wade
- 00:27 Newcastle 0 - Sunderland 1: Adam Johnson snatches win late on in...
- 00:23 XL Group secures Catlin takeover - paper
- 00:21 The InterCity 125 and its high-speed replacement
- 00:12 Safety risk as councils dim or switch off a quarter of street lights
- 00:11 Family life: waiting for Father Christmas in Iran, Don’t Stay Away...
- 00:06 Here’s what you should be eating, drinking and doing in London this...
- 00:06 8 things you absolutely need to do in London in 2015
- 17:51 Man Utd News: Bale deal, TRIPLE swoop, LVG's fury, Falcao hailed