Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 15:42 Concerns as police dogs face cuts
- 15:39 Investigation into homophobic attack on Lancashire student stalls
- 15:39 Centuries-old mass grave of Irish labourers probed in Pennsylvania
- 15:33 Egton pupils caking an impact against stomach illnesses
- 15:23 England Rugby tweet a rubbish picture to get fans in the mood for...
- 15:22 Bottle of vodka provides miracle cure for dying dog
- 15:19 First BBC Young Musician jazz award won by saxophonist
- 15:12 Inverness 0 Dundee United 5: Jackie McNamara's side storm into...
- 15:12 Best form of attack is defence! Jose Mourinho praises 'mature'...
- 15:09 Tottenham plot summer move for Manchester City's James Milner