Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to... read more
- 12:39 Even chance of more ECB QE in March; deposit rate cut to minus 0.40...
- 12:31 Sainsbury's axes two-for-one offers amid consumer spending concerns
- 12:30 Manchester United raises full-year core earnings outlook
- 12:22 Shire posts better-than-expected 13 percent rise in fourth-quarter...
- 12:18 Tenant evictions reach highest level on record
- 12:07 Tata's profit dented by drop in Jaguar Land Rover's Chinese sales
- 12:01 Flint crisis reminds us: profit motive has no place when it comes...
- 11:59 Oil falls on U.S. supply record, weak demand outlook
- 11:52 Google defends UK tax arrangements
- 11:52 Rio Tinto slumps to loss and axes progressive dividend policy as...