Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 03:37 Opening of new state-of-the-art £228 city college draws closer
- 03:35 Have Jedis created a new 'religion'?
- 03:27 West Ham's Mark Noble tips Diafra Sakho to topple champions...
- 03:24 Canada vows to swiftly toughen anti-terror laws
- 03:24 No deal on Free Syrian Army fighting IS in key border town
- 03:20 Serbia and Albania plan appeals after UEFA dish out sanctions
- 03:20 A football genius offering unprecedented access? That would put a...
- 03:11 Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Three survivors tell how they owe...
- 03:07 U.S. general says he believes North Korea can build nuclear warhead
- 21:23 Man Utd News: Di Maria fitness boost, Valdes admission, Januzaj...