Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 00:09 From Radamel Falcao to Danny Welbeck: Four transfer deadline day...
- 00:09 Man appears in court over George Galloway street assault
- 00:06 Free lunches launched in Sheffield schools
- 23:33 Danny Welbeck to Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pictured in Rome as club...
- 23:31 Arsenal granted extension in bid to sign Manchester United's Danny...
- 22:50 West Ham transfer news: Hammers hope to beat deadline with signing...
- 22:42 Radamel Falcao deal yet to be confirmed, Manchester United fans...
- 22:21 Hull City set to confirm Gaston Ramirez and Hatem Ben Arfa loan deals
- 22:06 Arsenal transfer news: Danny Welbeck set to join from Manchester...
- 21:23 Sky Sports presenter Alan Irwin gets attacked by purple dildo...