Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 12:47 Two Soldiers Fight For Burkina Faso Presidency
- 12:43 Man Utd News: Van Gaal's swipe at rivals, Di Maria NIGHTMARE,...
- 12:39 Newcastle vs Liverpool live: Follow the Premier League action with...
- 12:37 Appeal after fireworks thrown at police in Huddersfield
- 12:37 Nine Leicester city councillors chased up for unpaid council tax
- 12:31 Farewell to Harrogate police chief
- 12:27 Smashing: Nearly half of iPhone 6 owners have already broken their...
- 12:19 Pep Guardiola could replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal when he leaves...
- 11:43 PAPER REVIEW: Man Utd and City bosses at WAR, Spurs fans' plea, QPR...
- 11:35 Manchester City vs Manchester United: Manuel Pellegrini believes...