Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 09:11 Former Sweden boss Lars Lagerback: Former Celtic coach Johan...
- 09:11 Charity fund’s £1,000 boost for young diabetics
- 09:09 Sunderland boss: I always believed in Santi
- 09:08 Prayers for teenager as he fights for life after motorbike smash in...
- 09:08 Coldstream has left the country!
- 09:08 Fingers crossed for Duns and Coldstream applications
- 09:06 Former laboratory site is put up for sale
- 09:03 Young praised as mayor tells of pride after 'fantastic' year
- 09:01 Flight MH370: Australia debris ‘not from plane’
- 07:42 Manchester United open talks over £54million Edinson Cavani transfer