Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 15:10 Health watchdog ranks three surgeries high risk
- 15:10 Bluetooth-enabled dummy lets you sync your baby to your iPhone...
- 14:48 Scottish Flashback: Glasgow Subway electrification
- 14:42 Man City trio ruled out of Southampton trip
- 14:35 Fit for a king? Benedict Cumberbatch dons red wig for The Hollow...
- 13:47 Real Madrid BLAST Michel Platini for snub on Man Utd and Chelsea...
- 13:47 Manchester United injury list: Luke Shaw ruled out between four and...
- 13:21 How will Manchester United line up against Hull City?
- 13:18 VIDEO: Conisbrough crash teen Blake Cairns’ funeral
- 12:59 The TEN players that Brendan Rodgers could move for to transform...