Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 13:18 GE industrial profits rise 12 percent, shares up
- 13:03 Food bank donation is a boost for worthy cause
- 13:03 Care home in seventh best across the region
- 13:03 Beauty contest ends in a punch-up
- 13:01 Raptor poison probe: Dead birds number rises to 20
- 12:54 In pictures: Are these the worst holiday snaps ever? Can your...
- 12:50 Mulberry to cut prices as it warns on profits again
- 12:31 Hull v Arsenal: Arsene Wenger warns against complacency as Arsenal...
- 12:19 One Direction singer Niall Horan to host charity match at King...
- 12:15 How Sir Alex Ferguson played his part in convincing Tony Pulis to...