Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 05:10 U.S. Secret Service director resigns under fire
- 05:08 James Hird holds on as Essendon coach for now, despite Asada fall-out
- 05:02 Reserving gas for domestic users would hurt renewable energy
- 05:00 Strellar performance from Basle
- 04:54 Japan stocks rattled by $617bn 'fat finger' trading error
- 04:51 Manufacturing skills crisis takes shine off soaring sales
- 04:46 Stephen Fry: Drug use different to sexual abuse cases
- 04:25 Tony Abbott’s burqa comments divisive and harmful, says Labor
- 04:21 Alice Gross Case: Post-Mortem Set To Resume
- 04:18 McCanns online abuse dossier probed