Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
- 09:09 Manchester United "transfer target Ilkay Gundogan will leave...
- 09:06 Legal & General first-quarter net cash generation rises, net...
- 09:05 11 reasons beards are wrong and must be stopped
- 09:04 German arrests over 'terror' plot
- 09:02 Schoolchildren can celebrate as today is national No Homework Day
- 09:01 Yields, commodities whisper of reflation promise
- 09:01 Building supplies group CRH sees earnings rising, Europe improving
- 09:00 Jose Mourinho AGREES new Chelsea contract until 2019
- 08:59 Sainsbury's profits drop 14.7%
- 08:56 Roy Keane claims Tim Sherwood was laying groundwork for Aston Villa...