Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 01:15 Crows and other mammals grieve for their dead, new book claims
- 01:11 UPDATED: Person dies following plane crash
- 01:10 New signing Nicky Featherstone, the former Hull City and Walsall...
- 01:08 Middle East crisis: We know all too much about the cruelty of Isis...
- 01:06 Got the degree – now for the job
- 01:06 Ben Chu: David Cameron should do some homework before sounding off...
- 00:53 James Foley death: US troops were sent on rescue mission to find...
- 00:52 Brazil's Silva launches bid, threatens Rousseff re-election
- 00:47 Power firms 'must face licence axe'
- 00:41 Japan mulls setting aside 1 trillion yen for stimulus next fiscal...