Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 05:08 Appeal for witnesses over attempted handbag robbery in Sunderland
- 05:07 Council chief claims Vale ‘ideologically different’ to rest of...
- 04:53 Cumberbatch Calls For Pardons For Gay Men
- 04:48 Gabriel has Premier League quality
- 04:41 Hands on ... Acer C205 LED Projector
- 04:36 In The Margins: Crucial Election Battlegrounds
- 03:03 Manchester United have signed Sadiq El Fitouri from Salford......
- 02:56 Burnley BLAST Liverpool's pursuit of star striker Danny Ings
- 02:51 Farm of the Week: Beef and beer prove the perfect match
- 00:56 Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand and Buddhist monks... Leicester City...