Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 07:21 Castleford football team raises cash for Candlelighters
- 07:20 'Worst dumping yet' in Normanton as contents of house left in the...
- 07:19 Call to clear up litter left by Stamford Skatepark users
- 07:18 All aboard the river cruise
- 07:18 Strikes are planned by firefighters
- 07:18 Dance date led to 60 years of marriage
- 07:17 Boston 'street spitters' facing £75 fines
- 07:01 Lee Jackson set for another Superbike ride as James Westmoreland...
- 06:59 Last blooming chance to enter Alnwick gardens contest
- 06:49 Now golden boy Ollie Hynd sets his sights on Rio Olympics