Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 19:53 Time for men to ditch the soy as study reveals a vegetarian diet...
- 19:47 FA Cup preview: Alty aim to avoid upset
- 19:46 Man Utd set to beat Liverpool in race for former Barcelona...
- 19:26 Dispute over pay sparks employee walk-out at luxury Paris hotel...
- 18:32 It’s a hostile atmosphere! Chelsea skipper John Terry wary of...
- 18:22 Man Utd News: Big Liverpool target JOINS, De Gea to stay, Rafael...
- 18:21 Liverpool FC striker Mario Balotelli in photo threat claims
- 17:58 Theo Walcott set to return for Arsenal trip to Sunderland
- 17:51 Arsenal set to raid Premier League rivals in January for £10m...
- 16:45 Which midfielder dubbed 'the Belgian Iniesta' rejected Arsenal due...