Eve all set to run in memory of parents
AN INSPIRATIONAL teenager whose father died suddenly two years after her mother passed away from cancer is raising thousands of pounds, determined to protect others from going through what she suffered.
Eve Beecham, aged 18 from Ilmington, decided with her dad Hugh this summer that she was going to run the London Marathon next year in memory of her mum Rachel.
Two years ago her mother lost a long battle with breast cancer that Eve and her sisters grew up watching. She was 45.
The marathon was Eve and her dad’s way of remembering mum, a way to help them get through the pain, and a way to create something positive out of it. It was their joint project, she said.
Then last month, out of... read more
Most read news
- 16:27 Stranger stroked teenager’s leg during train journey from Leeds
- 16:22 Stranger stroked teenage train passengers legs on journey from Leeds
- 16:06 Firefighters tackle blaze at Southview Leisure Park in Skegness
- 15:37 Manchester United fan suffers tattoo fail as "Sir Alex Feguson'...
- 15:36 Bad business! Harry Redknapp reveals Tottenham lost £5m on Sandro sale
- 14:54 Isis releases new video of captive British journalist John Cantlie...
- 14:48 Think before you ink: Manchester United fan gets Sir Alex Ferguson...
- 14:47 Rugby legend offers to sponsor annual cup if Leicester City beat...
- 14:15 Two 18-year-old men arrested after a man's body is found in...
- 13:52 Latest exit poll - No 53%, Yes 47%: Union on a knife edge