Even Ainslie can't turn around Oracle Team USA's faltering America's Cup bid
Great Britain's four-time Olympic champion Sir Ben Ainslie was unable to immediately revive Oracle Team USA's faltering America's Cup bid after he was drafted into action in San Francisco on Thursday.
Oracle confirmed before Thursday's double header that Ainslie, the most successful Olympic sailor ever, would replace tactician John Kostecki as they aimed to halt Emirates Team New Zealand's charge toward victory.
On board: Oracle Team tactician Ben Ainslie (R) on the stern of the boat
Ainslie's presence, however, failed to make an impact as the Kiwis won both of Thursday's races to move to within three wins of claiming the Auld Mug.
The challengers effectively lead six race wins to minus... read more
Most read news
- 07:34 Shift workers at higher risk of diabetes, study finds
- 07:33 Thug jailed for racist attack
- 07:33 Job fears over Chorley Council plans to go it alone
- 07:33 Charity fit camp raises £800
- 07:32 Air Algerie flight AH5017: Wreckage found in Mali as hopes fade for...
- 07:32 Arsenal set to make £9million transfer offer for Manchester United...
- 07:31 Final tributes paid after tragic death of Northamptonshire teenager
- 07:31 Uncertainty over Northampton site after Carlsberg withdraw...
- 07:29 Pearson H1 profit falls on restructuring charges and currency
- 07:28 Housing trust’s successful first year