Excerpts of prosecutor's case against Oscar Pistorius
Oscar Pistorius in court during his bail application in Pretoria, South Africa. Photograph: Gallo Images/Getty Images Here are excerpts from the prosecution's affidavit against Oscar Pistorius, whom they have charged with premeditated murder over shooting on February 14 of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp:
"The incident took place in the residence of the applicant (Pistorius) and we are confident that it will not be in dispute that (Pistorius) fired four shots, three of which hit the deceased and caused her death. She was unarmed and inside a toilet with the door closed. The applicant fired shots from outside the closed door of the toilet …
"There were two people in the house... read more
Most read news
- 04:00 Coldest Ever Temperature On Earth Hits -95C
- 03:44 U.S. tech companies call for more controls on surveillance
- 03:35 Border Force Criticised By MPs Over Failings
- 03:31 Stop trying to cure Alzheimer's - and prevent it instead: One of...
- 03:29 Accused has no regrets over fusilier's death
- 03:29 Ice cream boss jailed for abuse
- 03:29 Drug smuggling women could receive reduced sentences
- 03:27 Rolled-back car odometers costs Americans $760 million yearly and...
- 03:21 Kim Jong Un sacks uncle for womanising and drug-taking
- 03:19 Manchester United icon Alex Ferguson's ''massive ego'' means he's...