Excerpts of prosecutor's case against Oscar Pistorius
Oscar Pistorius in court during his bail application in Pretoria, South Africa. Photograph: Gallo Images/Getty Images Here are excerpts from the prosecution's affidavit against Oscar Pistorius, whom they have charged with premeditated murder over shooting on February 14 of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp:
"The incident took place in the residence of the applicant (Pistorius) and we are confident that it will not be in dispute that (Pistorius) fired four shots, three of which hit the deceased and caused her death. She was unarmed and inside a toilet with the door closed. The applicant fired shots from outside the closed door of the toilet …
"There were two people in the house... read more
Most read news
- 05:58 Climate activists warn BHP Billiton shareholders of coal's profit risk
- 05:53 IMF urges Japan to go ahead with planned tax hike next year
- 05:53 Sam Burgess named international rugby league player of year
- 05:42 Mexican security forces capture wife of top drug lord
- 05:33 Flats scheme for eyesore site
- 05:25 Paul Gallen tears into NRL on Twitter
- 05:20 Labour MP brands smart motorways 'not so smart'
- 05:20 Charity golf day in Warwickshire raises over £3,000
- 05:20 English Heritage places dozens of region's historic buildings on...
- 05:20 Support group of Japan's new trade minister spent funds at S&M bar