Excerpts of prosecutor's case against Oscar Pistorius
Oscar Pistorius in court during his bail application in Pretoria, South Africa. Photograph: Gallo Images/Getty Images Here are excerpts from the prosecution's affidavit against Oscar Pistorius, whom they have charged with premeditated murder over shooting on February 14 of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp:
"The incident took place in the residence of the applicant (Pistorius) and we are confident that it will not be in dispute that (Pistorius) fired four shots, three of which hit the deceased and caused her death. She was unarmed and inside a toilet with the door closed. The applicant fired shots from outside the closed door of the toilet …
"There were two people in the house... read more
Most read news
- 23:20 Louvre Museum overrun by RATS – but picnicking tourists still lunch...
- 23:19 Toddler savaged in dog mauling
- 23:19 Lloyds fined £218m over scandals
- 23:19 British troops set for ‘show of strength’ in Eastern Europe
- 23:18 Royal Marines Commando School, Channel 4 - TV review
- 23:18 Children of Syria, BBC2 - TV review: A frontline dispatch reveals...
- 23:11 Manchester United transfer news: Marouane Fellaini and Shinji...
- 23:08 Israel-Gaza conflict: The children were playing in the street with...
- 23:07 Iraq lays claim to Kurdish crude cargo in Texas - filing
- 23:03 Obama urges African nations not to make economic 'excuses'