Excerpts of prosecutor's case against Oscar Pistorius
Oscar Pistorius in court during his bail application in Pretoria, South Africa. Photograph: Gallo Images/Getty Images Here are excerpts from the prosecution's affidavit against Oscar Pistorius, whom they have charged with premeditated murder over shooting on February 14 of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp:
"The incident took place in the residence of the applicant (Pistorius) and we are confident that it will not be in dispute that (Pistorius) fired four shots, three of which hit the deceased and caused her death. She was unarmed and inside a toilet with the door closed. The applicant fired shots from outside the closed door of the toilet …
"There were two people in the house... read more
Most read news
- 00:19 Christmas recipes: Five Christmas dinner hacks
- 00:15 Scots miss UK’s ‘Black Friday’ surge
- 00:13 Pakistan: 57 Taleban die in revenge air strikes
- 00:13 What crisis? Putin bid to ease fears over economy
- 00:13 Gang gets 160 years for killing Scots gem expert
- 00:13 Sydney café gunman ‘never held firearms licence’
- 00:06 The secrets behind Hungary's escape games craze
- 23:37 FA wrong to charge Nigel Pearson over fan row, claims West Ham boss...
- 23:34 Liverpool vs Arsenal: Reds must 'man up' for test of character, say...
- 23:01 Sam Allardyce: Nigel Pearson ‘let down’ by Leicester