Excerpts of prosecutor's case against Oscar Pistorius
Oscar Pistorius in court during his bail application in Pretoria, South Africa. Photograph: Gallo Images/Getty Images Here are excerpts from the prosecution's affidavit against Oscar Pistorius, whom they have charged with premeditated murder over shooting on February 14 of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp:
"The incident took place in the residence of the applicant (Pistorius) and we are confident that it will not be in dispute that (Pistorius) fired four shots, three of which hit the deceased and caused her death. She was unarmed and inside a toilet with the door closed. The applicant fired shots from outside the closed door of the toilet …
"There were two people in the house... read more
Most read news
- 11:24 Colan Lamont: Travis Browne looks for another big hit as he plots...
- 11:19 Row after RSPCA puts down Doncaster man’s cats
- 11:12 Lincolnshire Bank Holiday drivers face delays after M1 crash
- 11:09 In pictures: Duchess of Cambridge thanks Australia for the warm...
- 11:09 Anonymous gift for poorly Peterlee baby handed into Hartlepool Mail...
- 11:09 Cracking fun over Easter with Oscar’s after school and holiday club
- 11:09 Transfer news: Arsenal and Juventus eye Sheffield United striker...
- 11:09 "Ghost car' appears from nowhere and causes a crash
- 11:09 No consistent drop in species, say Scots scientists
- 11:06 TEAM NEWS: Jelavic and Long in line to face Arsenal as Hull...