Excerpts of prosecutor's case against Oscar Pistorius
Oscar Pistorius in court during his bail application in Pretoria, South Africa. Photograph: Gallo Images/Getty Images Here are excerpts from the prosecution's affidavit against Oscar Pistorius, whom they have charged with premeditated murder over shooting on February 14 of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp:
"The incident took place in the residence of the applicant (Pistorius) and we are confident that it will not be in dispute that (Pistorius) fired four shots, three of which hit the deceased and caused her death. She was unarmed and inside a toilet with the door closed. The applicant fired shots from outside the closed door of the toilet …
"There were two people in the house... read more
- 11:05 LIVE REVIEW: Skinny Lister, The Cluny 2, Newcastle
- 11:03 Nurse who drank alcohol while on duty at Arrowe Park Hospital...
- 11:02 Michael Dawson: 'Boost and a buzz' around Hull City ahead of...
- 11:01 Motorbike passenger dies after crash in Washington
- 11:01 Where next for scientific advice in Europe?
- 11:01 The BBC renews its swingometer to cope with an unpredictable election
- 11:01 IN PICTURES: Eight arrested in Sandwell dawn raids
- 11:01 West Bromwich school boosted by good inspection report - three...
- 11:00 Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao: What time is the fight?
- 10:16 Arsenal "handed huge boost to complete shock transfer of Real...