Excerpts of prosecutor's case against Oscar Pistorius
Oscar Pistorius in court during his bail application in Pretoria, South Africa. Photograph: Gallo Images/Getty Images Here are excerpts from the prosecution's affidavit against Oscar Pistorius, whom they have charged with premeditated murder over shooting on February 14 of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp:
"The incident took place in the residence of the applicant (Pistorius) and we are confident that it will not be in dispute that (Pistorius) fired four shots, three of which hit the deceased and caused her death. She was unarmed and inside a toilet with the door closed. The applicant fired shots from outside the closed door of the toilet …
"There were two people in the house... read more
Most read news
- 01:33 Man accused of violent threats against his ex faces trial
- 01:32 Censored Robert Louis Stevenson work for release
- 01:28 Adel Taarabt accused of being a blatant liar by QPR manager Harry...
- 01:28 Craig Bellamy's 17-year-old son Ellis has trials with Championship...
- 01:28 Bayern Munich discuss signing former Manchester United and Brighton...
- 01:28 Philippe Senderos shrugs off critics from Arsenal days as defender...
- 01:20 EXCLUSIVE: Disgraced footie rapist Ched Evans set for £1m payday
- 01:16 Legend Allon: It would be a ‘disaster’ if Pools fell out of league
- 00:55 Edinburgh police cordon off street in hunt for alleged gunman on...
- 00:34 The college putting football first for A-level girls