Excerpts of prosecutor's case against Oscar Pistorius
Oscar Pistorius in court during his bail application in Pretoria, South Africa. Photograph: Gallo Images/Getty Images Here are excerpts from the prosecution's affidavit against Oscar Pistorius, whom they have charged with premeditated murder over shooting on February 14 of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp:
"The incident took place in the residence of the applicant (Pistorius) and we are confident that it will not be in dispute that (Pistorius) fired four shots, three of which hit the deceased and caused her death. She was unarmed and inside a toilet with the door closed. The applicant fired shots from outside the closed door of the toilet …
"There were two people in the house... read more
Most read news
- 09:34 COURT REPORTS: Chesterfield Magistrates results
- 09:22 East Yorkshire brewery wins national taste award
- 09:22 Call for rural communities to pull together to tackle crime wave
- 09:19 Sex-change taxi fare dodger back in court
- 09:19 How many goals does Olivier Giroud need to score to be considered...
- 09:19 Arsenal clear to make Douglas Costa transfer as Shakhtar Donetsk...
- 09:15 Golden Lion pub named the ‘Best Freehouse’ in the Great British Pub...
- 09:01 Balfour Beatty snubs third Carillion bid as takeover deadline looms
- 08:43 Thomas Muller reveals Manchester United made him huge transfer...
- 08:38 Adam Clayton hails Middlesbrough unity after 2-1 win at Bolton...