Excerpts of prosecutor's case against Oscar Pistorius
Oscar Pistorius in court during his bail application in Pretoria, South Africa. Photograph: Gallo Images/Getty Images Here are excerpts from the prosecution's affidavit against Oscar Pistorius, whom they have charged with premeditated murder over shooting on February 14 of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp:
"The incident took place in the residence of the applicant (Pistorius) and we are confident that it will not be in dispute that (Pistorius) fired four shots, three of which hit the deceased and caused her death. She was unarmed and inside a toilet with the door closed. The applicant fired shots from outside the closed door of the toilet …
"There were two people in the house... read more
Most read news
- 22:59 Beyoncé poses as Rosie the Riveter, the wartime poster girl who...
- 22:59 StubHub targeted by international cyber fraudsters who stole users...
- 22:57 Tamworth racer is motivated by tragedy on his Brands Hatch return
- 22:53 "There are certain songs I cannot hear because they are so personal...
- 22:48 New arrest by Claudia police as officers drill in York pub
- 22:47 Teen Pilot Dies In Around-The-World Record Bid
- 22:47 Leaders: Find the truth about flight MH17
- 22:34 Lincoln City agree deal to sign former Crystal Palace defender Jake...
- 22:28 Paramedic’s vital Tour de France role
- 18:28 Xherdan Shaqiri would be a welcome sight at Anfield if Liverpool...