Excerpts of prosecutor's case against Oscar Pistorius
Oscar Pistorius in court during his bail application in Pretoria, South Africa. Photograph: Gallo Images/Getty Images Here are excerpts from the prosecution's affidavit against Oscar Pistorius, whom they have charged with premeditated murder over shooting on February 14 of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp:
"The incident took place in the residence of the applicant (Pistorius) and we are confident that it will not be in dispute that (Pistorius) fired four shots, three of which hit the deceased and caused her death. She was unarmed and inside a toilet with the door closed. The applicant fired shots from outside the closed door of the toilet …
"There were two people in the house... read more
Most read news
- 22:06 Welling United 2-0 Lincoln City
- 22:05 Jonas Gutierrez: I have testicular cancer
- 22:04 Proposed Sainsbury’s development in Hebden Bridge rejected
- 22:03 Steven Gerrard scores last-minute penalty as Liverpool defeat...
- 22:00 Independence referendum: Yes and No votes neck and neck as both...
- 21:58 Newcastle starlet Woodman joins Hartlepool on loan
- 21:57 Liverpool fans ready to fall in love with Mario Balotelli after...
- 21:57 Liverpool 2-1 Ludogorets MATCH ZONE: Brendan Rodgers signed eight...
- 21:53 Laura Poitras to premiere Edward Snowden film Citizenfour in October
- 21:11 Champions League LIVE: Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal and Liverpool...