Extradited teacher on sex charges
A former teacher accused of child sex offences in Norfolk has appeared in court after being extradited from France.
Mervyn Rush, 67, formerly of Dorking, Surrey, was arrested in France under a European Arrest Warrant in May.
He faces 24 charges including sex offences against children in Norfolk in the 1970s and breaching bail in 2000.
Rush did not enter a plea and did not speak as he appeared at Norwich Crown Court wearing a dark blazer and open-neck shirt.
Prosecutor Stephen Spence told the court that Rush had been due to stand trial before leaving the UK and had been at large for "some time".
Rush was remanded in custody until the next hearing on July 22.
Copyright (c) Press... read more
Most read news
- 07:26 Wedgwood collection: Race against time as public urged to raise...
- 07:26 PPI Complaint Volumes Ease In First Half
- 07:24 Northampton MP organises third annual jobs fair at the Guildhall in...
- 07:24 Complaints against British banks fall 42 percent - ombudsman
- 07:23 Pianist tackles 'shocking state' of school music lessons
- 07:23 Dear Ms Morgan: let's look at your 'undead' education team
- 07:20 Forget the Mediterranean diet... go Nordic! Volunteers who followed...
- 07:20 Handbag stolen in West Bridgford theft
- 07:18 How London tackles link between alcohol and crime
- 07:17 How London tackles link between alcohol and crime