Extradited teacher on sex charges
A former teacher accused of child sex offences in Norfolk has appeared in court after being extradited from France.
Mervyn Rush, 67, formerly of Dorking, Surrey, was arrested in France under a European Arrest Warrant in May.
He faces 24 charges including sex offences against children in Norfolk in the 1970s and breaching bail in 2000.
Rush did not enter a plea and did not speak as he appeared at Norwich Crown Court wearing a dark blazer and open-neck shirt.
Prosecutor Stephen Spence told the court that Rush had been due to stand trial before leaving the UK and had been at large for "some time".
Rush was remanded in custody until the next hearing on July 22.
Copyright (c) Press... read more
Most read news
- 06:42 The North East needs 'a million more people' says Sir John Hall
- 06:41 Tentercroft Street roadworks 'bringing community together'
- 06:41 MP in a spin over more turbines threat
- 06:40 Stoke City v QPR: talkSPORT's Tony Incenzo has faith in Harry...
- 06:32 ‘Lowest of the low’ thief stole from Sunderland charity shop
- 06:30 Memoirs of a young man with the most dangerous job reprinted
- 06:30 Dear Prince Charles and Prime Minister, please help the reds
- 06:25 Crewe Alexandra v MK Dons: We must try to stop Premier League...
- 06:22 Protesters hail victory in campaign to stop mental health unit...
- 06:20 Picture this... cycle campaigner from Levenshulme comes up with a...