Extradited teacher on sex charges
A former teacher accused of child sex offences in Norfolk has appeared in court after being extradited from France.
Mervyn Rush, 67, formerly of Dorking, Surrey, was arrested in France under a European Arrest Warrant in May.
He faces 24 charges including sex offences against children in Norfolk in the 1970s and breaching bail in 2000.
Rush did not enter a plea and did not speak as he appeared at Norwich Crown Court wearing a dark blazer and open-neck shirt.
Prosecutor Stephen Spence told the court that Rush had been due to stand trial before leaving the UK and had been at large for "some time".
Rush was remanded in custody until the next hearing on July 22.
Copyright (c) Press... read more
Most read news
- 11:56 Spain's Economy Secretary sees positive inflation by year-end
- 11:53 Council leader: ‘Stop misleading parents’
- 11:53 Final call for young Liverpool marketers to sign up for free programme
- 11:52 Norwich, flat? It's positively rocking! Week in Books column
- 11:52 The girl forced to flee Britain by Rotherham sex abusers
- 11:35 Steam Packet ferry passengers 'assaulted staff' after Liverpool to...
- 11:31 Four things we learned from Arsenal's victory over Besiktas
- 11:31 Scottish independence: No camp launches women book
- 11:25 Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola lays down the law with fines for...
- 11:04 Arsenal make £11.9million transfer offer for Borussia Dortmund...