Extradited teacher on sex charges
A former teacher accused of child sex offences in Norfolk has appeared in court after being extradited from France.
Mervyn Rush, 67, formerly of Dorking, Surrey, was arrested in France under a European Arrest Warrant in May.
He faces 24 charges including sex offences against children in Norfolk in the 1970s and breaching bail in 2000.
Rush did not enter a plea and did not speak as he appeared at Norwich Crown Court wearing a dark blazer and open-neck shirt.
Prosecutor Stephen Spence told the court that Rush had been due to stand trial before leaving the UK and had been at large for "some time".
Rush was remanded in custody until the next hearing on July 22.
Copyright (c) Press... read more
Most read news
- 09:33 Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- 09:33 From the Advertiser archives - October 23 edition
- 09:31 Solar farm given green light at Mansfield business park
- 09:30 GRESLEY: Consistent defence pleases captain Jamie Barrett
- 09:27 Reader letter: Dearest bag of spuds in Worksop
- 09:27 Time to brush up on green fingered skills
- 09:26 'Burnt-out' Kristen to step away from fame
- 09:26 An extra hour in bed as clocks go back
- 09:21 Mum who collapsed on dancefloor at charity night saved by nurses...
- 09:09 Claudia Burkill, the little Market Rasen girl who bravely battled a...