Extradited teacher on sex charges
A former teacher accused of child sex offences in Norfolk has appeared in court after being extradited from France.
Mervyn Rush, 67, formerly of Dorking, Surrey, was arrested in France under a European Arrest Warrant in May.
He faces 24 charges including sex offences against children in Norfolk in the 1970s and breaching bail in 2000.
Rush did not enter a plea and did not speak as he appeared at Norwich Crown Court wearing a dark blazer and open-neck shirt.
Prosecutor Stephen Spence told the court that Rush had been due to stand trial before leaving the UK and had been at large for "some time".
Rush was remanded in custody until the next hearing on July 22.
Copyright (c) Press... read more
Most read news
- 17:29 Commonwealth Games 2014: Clarke on a crusade for English gold after...
- 17:25 Mallett’s Mallet is a hit with Wakefield commuters
- 17:23 East Midlands Trains services to be affected by industrial action
- 17:23 U.N. chief says arbitrary denial of aid a tactic of war in Syria
- 17:23 Collingham CC reach Waddilove cup final after nail-biting semi
- 17:16 Voters go to the polls in town referendum
- 17:13 Worksop: Teen stole £6,000 from Boots
- 17:05 How two volcanic explosions changed the world
- 17:05 Arab artists tell stories to make sense of their conflicted world
- 16:10 LCFC: New Premier League match day ticket prices announced