Fake Hurricane Sandy photos: help us identify #FakeSandy pictures
A genuine satellite image shows Hurricane Sandy churning off the east coast on Monday. Photograph: Nasa/Getty Images With the approach of a weather event as destructive and far-reaching as Hurricane Sandy threatens to be, a lot of storm-related photos and video are being uploaded to the web.
But with the storm still hours away from making landfall on the East Coast, we're noticing some obviously doctored images that tell a false tale of Sandy's effect. What's worse is that these images are getting hundreds of retweets and shares.
It is an act that may seem harmless at face value, but sharing misleading photos can misinform people who are already vulnerable to danger.
This post is intended... read more
Most read news
- 00:05 Anders Breivik play set for Edinburgh premiere
- 00:03 Praise as school gets top marks
- 23:26 Record closing high for US shares
- 23:25 Andy Murray pulls out of French Open to focus on being fit for...
- 23:24 The Irish loophole behind Apple's low tax bill
- 23:20 Selby plumber has money on tap as he appears on TV this evening
- 23:12 Britain facing 19-year low at French Open
- 22:55 New Yorkers march against gay killing
- 22:40 By Jove! Fiorentina warn Arsenal top target Stevan Jovetic will...
- 16:49 'Manchester United broke my heart': Jurgen Klopp slams how Shinji...