Family rescued from floodwater in Bottesford
A FAMILY of three were rescued from floodwater in Bottesford on Sunday evening after becoming stuck in their car. The trio were rescued by firefighters who used an inflatable to get them back to dry land.
They were caught up by the rising waters of the River Devon at Rectory Lane.
The photographs were sent in to the Journal by Phil Salathiel of Bottesford.
He said: “It was hard to believe. We went for a walk and came round the corner and it was like World War Three had broken out.”
Mr Salathiel said there were five fire engines and an ambulance on the scene.
He added: “They just seemed to come from everywhere.
“The family were put into the back of an ambulance but they looked to... read more
Most read news
- 11:28 Pressure mounts over 'loons' claim
- 11:26 Graduate’s job ordeal in this weeks News
- 11:26 Fire service swamped with calls as flash floods hit Cumbria
- 11:26 Eurosceptics running protection racket in Tory party, says Lord...
- 11:24 Dracula aids tourism
- 11:24 New Xbox more than a game console for Microsoft
- 11:24 Estate get community hub
- 11:22 Pakistan holds vote despite killing
- 11:22 Pressure mounts over 'loons' claim
- 11:18 British father, 53, becomes first man in the world to have his...