Flagship Sunderland academy is failing pupils, say inspectors
ONE of Wearside's flagship academies is failing to make the grade, according to education watchdogs.
Red House Academy has been issued with a notice to improve by Ofsted following a recent inspection, which rated the school as “inadequate” overall.
The multimillion pound academy, headed by Dr Therese Quincey, was opened in 2009, sponsored by the Leighton Group, Sunderland City Council and the University of Sunderland.
However, Ofsted inspectors say the Rutherglen Road school is not... read more
- 13:07 HSBC under fire as BACS payments fail to arrive
- 12:57 Travellers begin to decent on East Durham farm ahead of bank...
- 12:17 Steve runs first triathlon to raise more than £1,000 for...
- 12:09 Man Utd Transfer News: LVG eyes ex-Chelsea star, striker bid...
- 11:56 Brendan Rodgers has Liverpool in for extra defensive training...
- 11:55 Minesh Parbat gets seven years for Crawley 'sex act' death crash
- 11:40 'Growing belief' at Man Utd that just two more transfers will be...
- 11:20 Louis van Gaal turns to ex-Chelsea star after Man United dealt...
- 10:27 House of Lords should be smaller than Commons, peers say
- 10:24 One in, one out, one returns at Anfield as Liverpool plot £10m...