Flagship Sunderland academy is failing pupils, say inspectors
ONE of Wearside's flagship academies is failing to make the grade, according to education watchdogs.
Red House Academy has been issued with a notice to improve by Ofsted following a recent inspection, which rated the school as “inadequate” overall.
The multimillion pound academy, headed by Dr Therese Quincey, was opened in 2009, sponsored by the Leighton Group, Sunderland City Council and the University of Sunderland.
However, Ofsted inspectors say the Rutherglen Road school is not meeting the basic Government standards for attainment and progress.
Inspectors found the achievement of pupils... read more
- 22:47 Man in hospital after putting pencil up bum and then having anal sex
- 22:35 Joleon Lescott claims super car picture was 'accidentally sent from...
- 22:33 Tottenham Hotspur are no longer the team going under the radar for...
- 22:31 Watford star: Quique Sanchez Flores is a tactical genius for...
- 22:24 One step closer to the Oscar! The Revenant sweeps the board at the...
- 22:24 It is Valentine's Day, after all! Leonardo DiCaprio, 41, treats...
- 22:09 World is NOT on the brink of another financial crisis and markets...
- 22:03 Kate Winslet: I was told to 'settle for the fat girl parts'
- 22:03 Baftas 2016: The Revenant and Mad Max savage competition as Carol...
- 21:58 Armed police swoop on 'gunman' in Meir