Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
- 20:45 Curator calls for time limit on returning art looted by the Nazis
- 20:42 Britain's leading private university ‘becoming a mouthpiece for...
- 20:24 Andy McSmith's Diary: Frozen Cameron reveals all to Heat
- 20:10 Iran nuclear deal: What are the remaining sticking points as clock...
- 20:09 Little girl finds her beloved missing dog – roasted and ready to...
- 20:02 Man Utd News: Signing to be announced, striker reveals FRUSTRATION,...
- 19:55 Public anatomy classes return: Can they escape the shadow of the...
- 19:08 Manchester United striker Radamel Falcao scores again to equal...
- 18:59 REVEALED: The dressing room chats that are inspiring Chelsea to double
- 17:28 Barca's BIZARRE transfer policy gifts Man Utd and Chelsea...