Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
Most read news
- 09:11 Former Sweden boss Lars Lagerback: Former Celtic coach Johan...
- 09:11 Charity fund’s £1,000 boost for young diabetics
- 09:09 Sunderland boss: I always believed in Santi
- 09:08 Prayers for teenager as he fights for life after motorbike smash in...
- 09:08 Coldstream has left the country!
- 09:08 Fingers crossed for Duns and Coldstream applications
- 09:06 Former laboratory site is put up for sale
- 09:03 Young praised as mayor tells of pride after 'fantastic' year
- 09:01 Flight MH370: Australia debris ‘not from plane’
- 07:42 Manchester United open talks over £54million Edinson Cavani transfer