Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
Most read news
- 09:45 School children remember fallen soldiers in centenary year of World...
- 09:44 Crawley 1-2 Port Vale: Mike Baggaley's match ratings
- 09:44 Win giant panettone for good cause
- 09:42 X Factor's Lauren Platt: 'I own about 20 pairs of trainers'
- 09:42 Saudi's Naimi says prices will stimulate demand, confident market...
- 09:42 Organ transplant the life-saving Christmas wish of 10 North...
- 09:39 WEATHER: Met Office issues yellow warning for wind in Lincolnshire
- 09:39 Police advice on ignoring 'urban myth' about shopping at Intu Derby...
- 09:39 Strictly: Who won the Strictly Come Dancing 2014 final?
- 09:38 Jim Murphy calls for football ground booze ban to be lifted...