Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
Most read news
- 09:02 Big day for GCSE students across Pendle
- 08:54 West Brom target World Cup striker
- 08:53 Phillip Cooper, 27, dies from injuries 12 years after car crash in...
- 08:52 Councillors defend Grimsby's East Marsh as Daily Telegraph feature...
- 08:52 Tesco will not need permission to convert Grimsby's Bargate Club...
- 08:52 Chelsea close on Mattia Destro after offering Fernando Torres in...
- 08:52 Manchester United set for Real Madrid talks over shock Xabi Alonso...
- 08:49 Ex-Brighton star Will Buckley was desperate for move to Premier League
- 08:49 Alan Pardew will keep hold of Newcastle United vice-captain Cheik...
- 08:26 BRIDE-TO-BE INTERVIEW: Flashmob proposal at Church Restaurant...