Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
Most read news
- 16:36 11 amazing flavours of your favourite ice creams and lollies you...
- 16:34 Aim to stamp out spitting in the street
- 16:32 Spalding’s forgotten home front recalled
- 16:32 Lights out for Great War
- 16:24 Herbalife dodges Bill Ackman's promised "death blow"
- 16:19 ‘Disturbing development’ on franchises
- 15:23 South Shields teenager died from allergic reaction on African trip
- 13:51 Is it time Arsenal's forgotten man Abou Diaby showed his worth?
- 12:03 Arsene Wenger is right, Arsenal do NOT need another centre-forward
- 11:17 Arsenal make offer to sign Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas on...