Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
Most read news
- 06:37 ‘I love ecstasy,’ drug smuggler told police at airport
- 06:36 REFERENDUM: Borders votes No to independence
- 06:33 Council in hot water again
- 06:26 SPY IN THE CAMP: Scunthorpe United v Leyton Orient
- 06:25 Scotland says No to independence – despite Glasgow saying Yes
- 06:24 Independence referendum: Scotland votes to remain part of United...
- 06:23 Scotland says No to independence – despite Glasgow saying Yes
- 06:22 What Now For UK? 10 Things You Need To Know
- 06:22 Leaders Under Pressure After Scotland Vote
- 06:22 Scotland Vote Not A Total Disaster For Salmond