Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
Most read news
- 00:35 Why do employers rarely offer explanations to rejected candidates?
- 00:32 Two killed in another school gun rampage in US
- 00:27 Haseeb Hameed set for bright future says Chilton
- 00:26 Pollution from cars and factories ‘may cause autism’
- 00:20 Sudoku 2,951 hard
- 00:20 Market forces: Spitalfields children at the start of the 20th century
- 00:19 Crime warning as clocks go back
- 23:58 Drink-drive limit to be cut in time for Christmas
- 21:23 Man Utd News: Di Maria fitness boost, Valdes admission, Januzaj...
- 20:10 Six-year-old boy dies after being struck by vehicle at West Derby