Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
Most read news
- 01:41 In Pictures: 50 landmark BBC Two shows
- 01:31 Bear bile draining: Help us call a halt to this barbaric cruelty
- 01:30 Entrepreneurs reveal their failures en route to success
- 01:28 World Cup 2014 countdown: France's shocking defence of their crown...
- 01:19 VW has agreed budget car concept, design - manager
- 01:00 Botox won't make you pretty: Favorite of the stars does not make...
- 01:00 Cash-strapped NHS trusts are 'blocking vital heart drugs to save...
- 00:58 Adele plans comeback at London's Albert Hall
- 00:50 Reviving the Red dynasty! Rodgers plans to build on legacy of...
- 00:50 Hull winger George Boyd: Best Tiger feat in history