Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
Most read news
- 13:26 England vs India latest: News on day three of the third Test
- 13:26 Commonwealth Games 2014: Weightlifting gold medallist tests...
- 13:26 Liverpool transfer news: Reds buoyed after Marco Reus rejects new...
- 13:23 Cats rescued after house fire in Leeds
- 13:18 Steady house sales growth continues in Scotland
- 13:13 Moeen Ali banned from wearing pro-Palestinian wristbands: what...
- 13:13 West Ham United co-owner David Gold blames jet-lag after...
- 12:17 Xherdan Shaqiri closes the door on a move to Liverpool
- 12:07 Six things every writer knows to be true
- 11:54 Chelsea transfer news: Blues desperate to sell Fernando Torres as...