Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
- 07:55 Pop up shop comes to Rugby’s Clock Towers shopping centre for...
- 07:52 Arsenal cleared to complete Jackson Martinez transfer - by Porto's...
- 07:51 Six appear in court charged with running “sophisticated”...
- 07:50 Asta: ‘I had the best childhood; Tasmania is an amazing place not...
- 07:49 Raunds schooll receives cycling cash grant
- 07:38 Reader’s Letter Train to Cleethorpes is a pleasure to ride
- 07:30 Five year plan for 500 affordable homes in Boston
- 07:22 Jamie Vardy: 'I thought the England call was someone taking the p***'
- 07:21 Stoke City fans: Let's watch Peter Crouch break Alan Shearer's record
- 06:49 Manchester City favourites to land Raheem Sterling from Liverpool