Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
Most read news
- 17:43 Sharing will paint picture of Calder Valley war effort
- 17:42 I love the magic of the FA Cup! Steve Bruce thrilled as Hull reach...
- 17:42 Champions League football could persuade me to make Liverpool...
- 17:30 Six Nations: England 29 Wales 18
- 17:28 Missing Malaysia Airlines flight: ‘Door’ found
- 17:27 England 29 Wales 18 match report: Red-rose dominate at Twickenham...
- 17:23 Spring cleaning at National Trust properties in Derbyshire
- 17:22 VIDEO: Mae Fox takes first steps after American surgery
- 17:15 Markham Vale jobs boost
- 17:12 VIDEO: Mae Fox takes first steps after American surgery