Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
Most read news
- 02:03 Cancer fight tot’s family fundraising to say thanks to Leeds charity
- 01:45 Diana Vickers and Nancy Dell'Olio lead the glamour at the launch of...
- 01:45 Meeting the new wing man! Amy Childs rocks Top Gun inspired onesie...
- 01:45 Not so chubby! David Beckham shows off his athletic physique as he...
- 01:45 'Before you know it, you are going to be besties': Katie Hopkins...
- 01:45 'It's hard to have people that you're friends with nominate you':...
- 01:12 Going for goal: the live football TV battle
- 01:12 Oil crisis: Shell axes global projects worth £10bn
- 00:36 Nigel Pearson says Leicester City's win against Manchester United...
- 23:24 Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois trolled about Manchester United...