Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
Most read news
- 02:50 Malaysia Airlines sees first lawsuit on missing Flight MH370
- 02:44 ITV rocked by double drugs scandal as James Argent 'tests positive...
- 02:38 Strictly Come Dancing Halloween special on BBC1 tonight with Tess...
- 02:07 Who will be voted out of The X Factor on ITV tonight?
- 02:06 GPS delay lets sex offenders off the hook
- 02:00 Greenpeace says John West tuna fish deal with WWF is just green spin
- 01:57 Is that you, Kylie Minogue? Singer sports Day Of The Dead makeup to...
- 01:57 Scary Sophie! Brooke Vincent shows off toned stomach in gothic...
- 01:55 Jake Gyllenhaal: News Has Its Priorities Wrong
- 01:20 Jose Mourinho can top Sir Alex Ferguson to become the greatest...