Former Winwick CE Primary head banned from teaching for life
By Matthew Hobbs A HEAD teacher sacked from a Winwick primary school for financial irregularities has been permanently banned from teaching.
Graham Martin, aged 59, was found guilty of ‘unacceptable professional conduct’ at a Teaching Agency disciplinary panel hearing. The decision was announced on Friday.
The former Winwick CE Primary School head teacher was found to have carried out external work as an Ofsted inspector for 14 years.
Between 1996 and 2010 he was paid around £400 a day, making an estimated total of £250,000.
Mr Martin did not have permission to carry out the extra work and any money made should have been paid to the school.
Instead it was paid into his private... read more
- 10:33 Ander Herrera: I will NEVER fill the boots of Paul Scholes
- 10:33 The one chart that shows why Labour can safely ignore Rupert Murdoch
- 10:32 Serbian president's plane plunge caused by co-pilot's coffee spill
- 10:31 Pakistan set to host ODI series for first time since terror attack...
- 10:23 Did you see someone acting suspiciously at time of Stapleford bag...
- 10:23 Community Champions: Musician Matt McGuinness nominated for...
- 10:08 Armed police called after report of gunman on streets of Birstall
- 09:59 Jay Hart sex video: Non-league footballer filmed in manager's...
- 09:43 Ron Vlaar to SNUB Manchester United move and stay at Aston Villa
- 09:41 Pub set to mark St George’s Day with beer festival