France for little squirts: A family villa break in Provence (water pistol not recommended)
Buying my three-year-old son a water pistol to take on holiday did get me thinking. I had visions of him soaking his parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts.
But these premonitions didn't even come close to the breach of the peace that ensued.
A refuge from the world: James and family stayed at a villa on the outskirts of Lorgues in Provence
Look, there's grandad dozing happily in a hammock. Squirt.
There's his uncle, relaxing by the pool. Squirt.
And there's mummy playing with his baby brother on a blanket in the shade. Squirt.
But at least I could cash in the Brownie points I'd earned for finding the villa. Perched on top of a hill on the outskirts of the town... read more
Most read news
- 16:20 Ebola outbreak: Sharp increase in deaths and new cases across West...
- 16:14 Manchester United give Arturo Vidal number seven shirt ahead of...
- 16:13 First lab-grown hamburger gets full marks for 'mouth feel'
- 16:11 Eastwood Memorial Unveiling
- 16:09 Revealed: How British teenage girls are exchanging sexual selfies...
- 16:09 Man slashes throat in Huddersfield courtroom
- 16:09 Credit Suisse dragged into 'dark pool' probe
- 14:54 Alan Pardew must play Hatem Ben Arfa to save both their Newcastle...
- 11:30 Mikael Silvestre tells Arsenal they made a mistake signing Alexis...
- 10:57 Manchester United transfer news: Arturo Vidal set to force through...