France for little squirts: A family villa break in Provence (water pistol not recommended)
Buying my three-year-old son a water pistol to take on holiday did get me thinking. I had visions of him soaking his parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts.
But these premonitions didn't even come close to the breach of the peace that ensued.
A refuge from the world: James and family stayed at a villa on the outskirts of Lorgues in Provence
Look, there's grandad dozing happily in a hammock. Squirt.
There's his uncle, relaxing by the pool. Squirt.
And there's mummy playing with his baby brother on a blanket in the shade. Squirt.
But at least I could cash in the Brownie points I'd earned for finding the villa. Perched on top of a hill on the outskirts of the town... read more
Most read news
- 20:52 Hello Kitty conference brings Japanese kitsch to Los Angeles
- 20:43 Canada dismemberment killer had troubled childhood, his father says
- 20:43 Eleven dead, over 45 injured in Honduras bus accident
- 20:39 Durham's future housing should cater for more than students, says MP
- 20:28 TRANSFER NEWS: Khedira to Man Utd, Arsenal's Hummels DEAL, Chelsea...
- 19:18 Man Utd target Mats Hummels on the VERGE of joining Arsenal
- 19:05 Tottenham striker Harry Kane could make first Premier League start...
- 18:13 Man Utd News: Falcao ruled out of derby, Rooney fit, Red Devils...
- 17:21 Cheslea and Arsenal on RED ALERT as Man Utd move a step closer to...
- 15:55 Arsenal receive MASSIVE boost in their pursuit of Sporting Lisbon ace