France for little squirts: A family villa break in Provence (water pistol not recommended)
Buying my three-year-old son a water pistol to take on holiday did get me thinking. I had visions of him soaking his parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts.
But these premonitions didn't even come close to the breach of the peace that ensued.
A refuge from the world: James and family stayed at a villa on the outskirts of Lorgues in Provence
Look, there's grandad dozing happily in a hammock. Squirt.
There's his uncle, relaxing by the pool. Squirt.
And there's mummy playing with his baby brother on a blanket in the shade. Squirt.
But at least I could cash in the Brownie points I'd earned for finding the villa. Perched on top of a hill on the outskirts of the town... read more
- 08:36 Chelsea, West Brom and Hull City players among those to contribute...
- 08:36 SFO probes Bank of England's lending during financial crisis
- 08:36 MARKET REPORT: Rising equity prices boost insurers and fund managers
- 08:29 Uber halts low-cost ride service in Seoul, seeks to avoid ban
- 08:22 European Central Bank raises growth forecasts and says QE to start...
- 08:19 Chelsea handed boost in Raphael Varane transfer chase as Real...
- 08:18 Barcelona ready to rattle Liverpool's cage with FREE transfer for...
- 08:08 Man Utd News: Striker bid made, £14m midfielder bargain, DONE DEAL,...
- 07:14 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd's striker bid, Liverpool want Arsenal...
- 05:27 Brendan Rodgers was right - Emre CAN become world-class for...