France for little squirts: A family villa break in Provence (water pistol not recommended)
Buying my three-year-old son a water pistol to take on holiday did get me thinking. I had visions of him soaking his parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts.
But these premonitions didn't even come close to the breach of the peace that ensued.
A refuge from the world: James and family stayed at a villa on the outskirts of Lorgues in Provence
Look, there's grandad dozing happily in a hammock. Squirt.
There's his uncle, relaxing by the pool. Squirt.
And there's mummy playing with his baby brother on a blanket in the shade. Squirt.
But at least I could cash in the Brownie points I'd earned for finding the villa. Perched on top of a hill on the outskirts of the town... read more
Most read news
- 17:58 'Instagram Rapture' causes millions of accounts to be deleted:...
- 17:22 Sanchez is tipped to fire Arsenal to Anfield glory
- 17:08 This beer promises to get you the right amount of drunk to write a...
- 16:50 Man Utd News: Van Gaal's TRIPLE swoop, Vidic deal OFF, Di Maria...
- 16:38 Magaluf bans boozy Brits and pub crawls in desperate bid to...
- 16:00 Manchester United injury list: Marouane Fellaini out through...
- 14:55 Arsenal youngster Yaya Sanogo set for January loan EXIT
- 13:22 REVEALED: The THREE January signings being lined up by Man Utd
- 11:51 Arsenal "finalising' transfer deal to sign Liverpool target Xherdan...
- 11:39 College mourns loss of popular assistant