France for little squirts: A family villa break in Provence (water pistol not recommended)
Buying my three-year-old son a water pistol to take on holiday did get me thinking. I had visions of him soaking his parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts.
But these premonitions didn't even come close to the breach of the peace that ensued.
A refuge from the world: James and family stayed at a villa on the outskirts of Lorgues in Provence
Look, there's grandad dozing happily in a hammock. Squirt.
There's his uncle, relaxing by the pool. Squirt.
And there's mummy playing with his baby brother on a blanket in the shade. Squirt.
But at least I could cash in the Brownie points I'd earned for finding the villa. Perched on top of a hill on the outskirts of the town... read more
Most read news
- 04:46 'Wide variation' for academy chains
- 04:46 Reporter faces phone-hack sentence
- 04:40 Undercover Police Slammed In Misconduct Report
- 04:39 Kristina Olsson wins Kibble literary award for true tale of a lost...
- 04:16 Detective accused of carrying out drunken attack in pub
- 04:15 It’s scary - but being a mum is amazing, too
- 04:15 10 things to do across Scotland this weekend
- 04:09 China manufacturing activity at 18-month high
- 04:08 Hammond: Israel 'War Crimes' Probe Unhelpful
- 03:29 The Bottom Line: Herald Business Diary