France for little squirts: A family villa break in Provence (water pistol not recommended)
Buying my three-year-old son a water pistol to take on holiday did get me thinking. I had visions of him soaking his parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts.
But these premonitions didn't even come close to the breach of the peace that ensued.
A refuge from the world: James and family stayed at a villa on the outskirts of Lorgues in Provence
Look, there's grandad dozing happily in a hammock. Squirt.
There's his uncle, relaxing by the pool. Squirt.
And there's mummy playing with his baby brother on a blanket in the shade. Squirt.
But at least I could cash in the Brownie points I'd earned for finding the villa. Perched on top of a hill on the outskirts of the town... read more
Most read news
- 09:38 Angel Di Maria: I never wanted Manchester United transfer from Real...
- 09:36 Recycling doesn’t have to be a chore
- 09:36 U.S. suspect in Bali suitcase murder of mother appoints new lawyer
- 09:36 Live: Hillsborough Inquests - Wednesday August 27 2014
- 09:36 Residents see red over new green plan
- 09:34 Boy injured in bedroom fire in Grimsby
- 09:24 Peterborough 52-38 Berwick Bandits
- 09:21 Land’s End to John o’Groats rider
- 09:20 Sunderland teenager with life-threatening illness marks milestone
- 09:17 Vandals smash Clitheroe pub window