France for little squirts: A family villa break in Provence (water pistol not recommended)
Buying my three-year-old son a water pistol to take on holiday did get me thinking. I had visions of him soaking his parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts.
But these premonitions didn't even come close to the breach of the peace that ensued.
A refuge from the world: James and family stayed at a villa on the outskirts of Lorgues in Provence
Look, there's grandad dozing happily in a hammock. Squirt.
There's his uncle, relaxing by the pool. Squirt.
And there's mummy playing with his baby brother on a blanket in the shade. Squirt.
But at least I could cash in the Brownie points I'd earned for finding the villa. Perched on top of a hill on the outskirts of the town... read more
- 08:11 Most glaciers in Mount Everest area will disappear with climate...
- 08:07 Firefighters spent just under an hour at fire in Derbyshire
- 08:05 Greater Manchester traffic and travel: Delays expected around Old...
- 08:05 Trust now part of national alliance
- 08:03 BOJ's Iwata says timing for hitting price goal 'somewhat delayed'
- 08:02 Artist creates beautiful paper-cut art out of single sheets of paper
- 07:59 Bins contract for Daventry to remain outsourced
- 07:59 Free family fun day at Daventry Country Park
- 07:57 Building a more diverse future
- 07:51 Singapore Airlines jet plunges 4,000m after losing power in both...