France for little squirts: A family villa break in Provence (water pistol not recommended)
Buying my three-year-old son a water pistol to take on holiday did get me thinking. I had visions of him soaking his parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts.
But these premonitions didn't even come close to the breach of the peace that ensued.
A refuge from the world: James and family stayed at a villa on the outskirts of Lorgues in Provence
Look, there's grandad dozing happily in a hammock. Squirt.
There's his uncle, relaxing by the pool. Squirt.
And there's mummy playing with his baby brother on a blanket in the shade. Squirt.
But at least I could cash in the Brownie points I'd earned for finding the villa. Perched on top of a hill on the outskirts of the town... read more
- 02:52 Tsunami warning issued for parts of Pacific after earthquake
- 02:27 Exclusive: CDC hits back at accusation over Sierra Leone timber...
- 02:21 Rafael Nadal's season hits a new low after Fernando Verdasco sends...
- 02:20 Majority of voters not convinced by Tory promises to lower...
- 02:17 Sting vs Triple H: NWO, DX and Shawn Michaels return at...
- 02:07 Small Talk: Far too few of the entrepreneurs starting businesses...
- 01:38 Investors pour billions into luxury student flats
- 00:57 Manchester United "likely to seal Nigel De Jong transfer, Louis van...
- 00:12 Arsenal "looking to seal transfer of £24.8m Barcelona ace Pedro'
- 23:03 Arsenal target Mats Hummels: I'm open to JOINING Man Utd