France for little squirts: A family villa break in Provence (water pistol not recommended)
Buying my three-year-old son a water pistol to take on holiday did get me thinking. I had visions of him soaking his parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts.
But these premonitions didn't even come close to the breach of the peace that ensued.
A refuge from the world: James and family stayed at a villa on the outskirts of Lorgues in Provence
Look, there's grandad dozing happily in a hammock. Squirt.
There's his uncle, relaxing by the pool. Squirt.
And there's mummy playing with his baby brother on a blanket in the shade. Squirt.
But at least I could cash in the Brownie points I'd earned for finding the villa. Perched on top of a hill on the outskirts of the town... read more
Most read news
- 11:13 Cat and Fiddle pub in Kirk Hallam hosts charity event
- 11:04 Pendle Beer Festival ‘biggest and best’
- 11:02 Arsenal transfer news and rumours: Shock Luis Suarez bid; Gunners...
- 10:50 Mormon church says it will back LGBT rights – but only if the US...
- 10:44 Mikel Arteta signs new one-year deal at Arsenal
- 10:41 Transfer talk: Arsenal plan shock Luis Suarez bid; Liverpool close...
- 10:39 SNAPPED: The moment Arsenal man SIGNS contract to complete deal
- 09:54 Arsenal ready to rile Liverpool by moving back in for cut-price...
- 09:35 TRANSFER NEWS: Suarez SHOCK SWITCH to Arsenal, Laporte £32m Utd...
- 09:28 Liverpool step up pursuit of £14m January transfer window deal for...