France for little squirts: A family villa break in Provence (water pistol not recommended)
Buying my three-year-old son a water pistol to take on holiday did get me thinking. I had visions of him soaking his parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts.
But these premonitions didn't even come close to the breach of the peace that ensued.
A refuge from the world: James and family stayed at a villa on the outskirts of Lorgues in Provence
Look, there's grandad dozing happily in a hammock. Squirt.
There's his uncle, relaxing by the pool. Squirt.
And there's mummy playing with his baby brother on a blanket in the shade. Squirt.
But at least I could cash in the Brownie points I'd earned for finding the villa. Perched on top of a hill on the outskirts of the town... read more
Most read news
- 07:29 "He wanted blood': Robert Hodgkinson jailed for 10 years after...
- 07:28 Unilever reports smaller sales growth than expected
- 07:22 Hero of Ottawa: The Sergeant at Arms who shot terrorist dead
- 07:17 Finland's Nokia beats market expectations in third quarter
- 07:15 Julie’s TV show has some pedigree
- 07:08 Verdi Failure Blamed On Auditor And Regulator
- 07:07 MY AMAZING MATES: Medics saved Belper landlord's life and friends...
- 07:05 Artwork remembers German bombardment of Hartlepool
- 07:05 Live: Birmingham and West Midlands news for October 23rd
- 07:04 Scunthorpe United's Neal Bishop 'gutted' to miss Notts County match...