France for little squirts: A family villa break in Provence (water pistol not recommended)
Buying my three-year-old son a water pistol to take on holiday did get me thinking. I had visions of him soaking his parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts.
But these premonitions didn't even come close to the breach of the peace that ensued.
A refuge from the world: James and family stayed at a villa on the outskirts of Lorgues in Provence
Look, there's grandad dozing happily in a hammock. Squirt.
There's his uncle, relaxing by the pool. Squirt.
And there's mummy playing with his baby brother on a blanket in the shade. Squirt.
But at least I could cash in the Brownie points I'd earned for finding the villa. Perched on top of a hill on the outskirts of the town... read more
Most read news
- 18:50 Hearts 5 Cowdenbeath 1: Hearts maintain top spot with comfortable win
- 18:49 Huskies’ home needs helping
- 18:47 Hartlepool golfer Graeme Storm moves into top 10 at ISPS Handa...
- 18:44 We've got a new game, it's called subtle dildo, and you can play too
- 18:37 Inverness 2 St Johnstone 1: ICT put League Cup disappointment...
- 18:32 Championship round-up: Norwich fight back to secure a draw against...
- 18:31 Newcastle United 2 Hull City 2: Cisse at the double amid Pardew...
- 18:22 VIDEO: Football fans applaud for ‘seriously ill’ one-year-old after...
- 18:21 Breese, Stokes see Durham home in thriller
- 18:19 Aldi announce opening date for proposed Wetherby store