France holds Colombian FARC responsible for journalist's life
"We have indicated to the FARC that they are responsible for his life," Foreign Minister Alain Juppe told reporters on Monday.
Juppe added that the group had publicly pledged to end kidnappings and this was an opportunity for it to prove it would keep to its word. He called on them to immediately release Langlois.
The reporter went missing after being caught in a firefight between security forces and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC). The fight broke out as police and military personnel tried to dismantle drug laboratories in the jungles of Caqueta, southern Colombia.
Deputy Foreign Ministry spokesman Romain Nadal said there had not been a claim of responsibility... read more
Most read news
- 22:33 Montreal interim mayor resigns as city reels from corruption scandals
- 22:31 Administrator blow for Hearts
- 22:31 New St Johnstone manager has the Wright stuff
- 22:25 Video: Christian Nock’s special message to the people of Mablethorpe
- 22:23 Osborne and Cameron at G8: stylewatch
- 22:16 Prize-winning stitching success for Castleton’s Livia
- 22:12 Afghanistan peace talks: no surrender behind the Taliban's white...
- 22:12 Rupert Murdoch splits empire but keeps faith in tomorrow's newspapers
- 22:02 Nigeria Islamists kill nine students in school attack - medic
- 19:02 Italy 2 Spain 4: Alcantara hat-trick hands Spain U21s the European...