'Frozen pension' victims abroad urge action
British expatriates whose state pensions never go up say they want Britain suspended from the Commonwealth for discriminating against them. More than a million pensioners have retired abroad - often joining family who have emigrated or returning to the country of their birth.
Many receive the same state pension as their UK-based counterparts.
But others had their pension frozen at the date of retirement, meaning they receive as little as £6.75 a week.
More than half of UK pensioners retired abroad live in one of 50 countries, including Spain, France and the United States, in which they... read more
- 23:57 HP Inc plunges after printer business underwhelms
- 23:57 Billionaire Blavatnik takes passive stake in Dorsey's Square
- 23:48 'Drongo' NBL fan pours beer over Sydney Kings star Marcus Thornton
- 23:38 Joe Hart injury adds to Man City's problems as Juventus snatch pole...
- 23:31 Australia leads the way on helmet safety, but not all cricket...
- 23:27 Malcolm Turnbull’s own department doesn't have access to his...
- 23:26 If you're obese at 18 'it increases the risk of sudden cardiac...
- 23:26 The epidemic of baby boomers hooked on painkillers: HALF of drug...
- 23:19 The gold that’s as light as AIR: New foam could lead to revolution...
- 22:47 Jose Mourinho explains why he wants Arsenal to crash out of the...