'Frozen pension' victims abroad urge action
British expatriates whose state pensions never go up say they want Britain suspended from the Commonwealth for discriminating against them. More than a million pensioners have retired abroad - often joining family who have emigrated or returning to the country of their birth.
Many receive the same state pension as their UK-based counterparts.
But others had their pension frozen at the date of retirement, meaning they receive as little as £6.75 a week.
More than half of UK pensioners retired... read more
- 04:12 MP backs investigation of fire service overtime claims
- 04:10 Alaskan woman steals police car with husband handcuffed in back
- 04:07 Farm crisis to be vocalised in Brussels amid summit
- 04:02 Former Arsenal star defends Arsene Wenger's summer spending despite...
- 03:53 Police name biker killed after Leeds crash with bin lorry
- 03:52 Comment: Short tenancies are tricky handicap
- 03:47 Greens leader calls for emergency intake of 20,000 Syrian refugees
- 03:42 Concern over ‘spike’ in fire deaths
- 03:42 Twentieth year proving one of the most testing for helpline service
- 03:42 Prices down but dairy makes a timely comeback at Penistone Show