GMC investigating surgeon following death of Luigi Belcuore
AN investigation into the conduct of the surgeon involved in the tragic death of Luigi Belcuore has begun.
The GMC (General Medical Council) is investigating surgeon professor James Richardson following the death of Mr Belcuore, from Morton Bagot, near Studley, in 2009.
The business man, 43, underwent a relatively straightforward operation at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry.
However the surgery, which had been testing new techniques for treating knee cartilage problems, ended tragically when Mr Richardson injected air into his knee joint.
It caused an air... read more
- 08:19 John Campbell hatches plan to help new farm entrants
- 08:19 Legal breakthrough for Google's driverless car
- 08:18 Germany train crash: Controller error theory dismissed
- 08:18 Eden Hazard reveals the only reason he will stay at Chelsea
- 08:18 Dimitri Payet is West Ham's best player and we must do everything...
- 08:18 Junior doctors go on strike today after last-ditch talks fail to...
- 08:16 Nicola Sturgeon: Why the #ScotSpirit will always ensure a warm...
- 08:16 VisitScotland unveil £4 million star-studded global tourism...
- 08:13 Bathtime with dad: Hulk, the 12st pit bull, joins his adorable...
- 08:13 Ulverston mum tells of "immeasurable stress" caused by woman who...