GMC investigating surgeon following death of Luigi Belcuore
AN investigation into the conduct of the surgeon involved in the tragic death of Luigi Belcuore has begun.
The GMC (General Medical Council) is investigating surgeon professor James Richardson following the death of Mr Belcuore, from Morton Bagot, near Studley, in 2009.
The business man, 43, underwent a relatively straightforward operation at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry.
However the surgery, which had been testing new techniques for treating knee cartilage problems, ended tragically when Mr Richardson injected air into his knee joint.
It caused an air... read more
- 18:29 Andy Farrell and Graham Rowntree sanctioned over approach to match...
- 18:29 Breaking out of Japan's male-dominated workplace
- 18:28 Jeremy Corbyn accuses Tories of “robbing” low paid
- 18:25 Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech reveals why Jose Mourinho and Arsene...
- 18:21 US Muslim leaders brace for protests with potentially armed...
- 18:19 Arsenal's Per Mertesacker reveals full importance of hammering of...
- 18:18 Fertility treatments are getting better – and more realistic
- 18:17 Welsh Premier previews: Llandudno expect massive test at home to Bala
- 18:11 North Korea to put on largest military parade in history as US...
- 17:47 PSN down: PlayStation Network facing issues on PS4 and PS3 with...