GMC investigating surgeon following death of Luigi Belcuore
AN investigation into the conduct of the surgeon involved in the tragic death of Luigi Belcuore has begun.
The GMC (General Medical Council) is investigating surgeon professor James Richardson following the death of Mr Belcuore, from Morton Bagot, near Studley, in 2009.
The business man, 43, underwent a relatively straightforward operation at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry.
However the surgery, which had been testing new techniques for treating knee cartilage problems, ended tragically when Mr Richardson injected air into his knee joint.
It caused an air embolism (air in the bloodstream) which led to a massive, fatal heart attack.
Just four weeks after Mr... read more
Most read news
- 11:32 Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
- 11:30 Ferguson: Scenes of chaos on the streets as protests over Michael...
- 11:29 Ice bucket challenge videos - now send us yours!
- 11:22 'Sunderland consider move' for Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck
- 11:04 Liverpool fan comes up with song for Manchester United new boy...
- 11:01 Will Sunderland dump Fabio Borini for Manchester United's Danny...
- 10:51 David Gold furious after Carlton Cole parody account mocks up a...
- 09:36 Angel Di Maria latest: Manchester United target is Real Madrid's...
- 09:19 Arsenal clear to make Douglas Costa transfer as Shakhtar Donetsk...
- 08:43 Thomas Muller reveals Manchester United made him huge transfer...