GMC investigating surgeon following death of Luigi Belcuore
AN investigation into the conduct of the surgeon involved in the tragic death of Luigi Belcuore has begun.
The GMC (General Medical Council) is investigating surgeon professor James Richardson following the death of Mr Belcuore, from Morton Bagot, near Studley, in 2009.
The business man, 43, underwent a relatively straightforward operation at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry.
However the surgery, which had been testing new techniques for treating knee cartilage problems, ended tragically when Mr Richardson injected air into his knee joint.
It caused an air... read more
- 16:49 Teenager with "allergy to WiFi' killed herself over misery it caused
- 16:45 Rubbish, families, care for the elderly and jobs key say residents...
- 16:27 Puskas Award nominations see Lionel Messi up against Alessandro...
- 16:25 Pakistan vs England LIVE: Eoin Morgan looking to complete clean...
- 16:14 WATCH: Sneak peek at Northumberland Theatre Company's Christmas show
- 16:13 South Tyneside village Christmas celebrations kick off
- 16:05 Cyber security in focus as Paysafe moves to reassure over 2009-2010...
- 16:05 SMALL CAP IDEAS: Fleet management firm Trakm8 has transformed from...
- 16:00 Kobe Bryant's retirement post shut down the internet... he...
- 14:54 It is time Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal dropped Wayne Rooney