Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had threatened to go on strike and it is now unclear whether they will still be balloted for action.
Members of... read more
Most read news
- 13:59 Manchester United in "advanced talks' to sign £56m Angel Di Maria...
- 13:49 'Smart skin' could enable airplanes of the future to 'feel', claim...
- 13:46 Transfer news: AC Milan eye Fernando Torres, Javier Hernandez or...
- 13:41 Mario Balotelli will be a great signing for Liverpool
- 13:32 Search is on for staff to help club develop
- 13:01 Liverpool the only English club in for Mario Balotelli despite...
- 11:49 This hilarious Ed Woodward cartoon sums up Manchester United...
- 11:31 Arsenal close on Olympiakos defender Kostas Manolas after fresh...
- 11:19 Arsenal to increase William Carvalho bid if they overcome Besiktas...
- 11:16 Arsenal lining up transfer offer for Southampton star Victor Wanyama