Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had threatened to go on strike and it is now unclear whether they will still be balloted for action.
Members of... read more
Most read news
- 19:21 Police officer "targeted female witnesses to satisfy sexual desires'
- 19:16 Ed Sheeran's popularity comes from fans identifying with him as an...
- 19:11 Zeus takes on Thor in epic Lego rap battle
- 19:11 'I am a paedophile': Is our approach to sex offenders helping to...
- 19:10 TEAM NEWS: Chelsea at full-strength for Schalke clash with Nathan...
- 19:09 Real Madrid step up interest in Liverpool teenager Pedro Chirivella...
- 19:09 Marco Reus is NOT a Chelsea transfer target, insists Blues boss...
- 19:09 Chelsea 'not at all' interested in signing Dortmund's Marco Reus,...
- 18:35 Watch: Frank Lampard's no-look pass in Man City training
- 16:28 Manchester United injuries: Falcao back in training as SIX players...