Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had threatened to go on strike and it is now unclear whether they will still be balloted for action.
Members of... read more
- 17:32 Firefighters reportedly taken hostage at fire station near...
- 17:32 Conor McGregor and Jose Aldo come face-to-face in Dublin on final...
- 17:26 Baroness Ford takes Grainger role on a permanent basis
- 17:23 How Groupon turned the Banana Bunker into a social media success
- 17:19 Parking charges rise at Royal Stoke University Hospital
- 17:15 Steven Gerrard and wife Alex set to live in £16.8m Malibu home as...
- 17:15 Indian visa service: More confusion with further changes
- 17:15 Russell Crowe and Turkey's ghost village of Kayakoy
- 17:07 Mats Hummels: Manchester United are the only club I would leave...
- 15:51 Man Utd News: £40m De Bruyne bid, Mendes in talks to complete deal,...