Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had threatened to go on strike and it is now unclear whether they will still be balloted for action.
Members of... read more
Most read news
- 14:06 Per Mertesacker explains why Arsenal's lack of confidence is...
- 14:05 Comedian Jimmy Carr 'shocks the audience with tasteless Oscar...
- 13:38 Emmanuel Frimpong launches attack on Arsene Wenger's transfer...
- 13:34 Liverpool News: Balotelli apology, Henderson's dream plus Origi...
- 13:18 Ex-Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong launches Twitter attack on...
- 13:04 Protests after newsagent refused to serve soldier
- 12:39 Emmanuel Frimpong ruthlessly attacks Arsene Wenger over Arsenal...
- 12:23 Didier Drogba: Chelsea need to be wary of Manchester United
- 11:30 TRANSFER NEWS: Liverpool told to sign Man Utd's Falcao, Chelsea...
- 11:03 Police called after man found hanging from tree