Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had threatened to go on strike and it is now unclear whether they will still be balloted for action.
Members of... read more
Most read news
- 11:54 Langenberg Wildlife Park in Switzerland serve excess animals up in...
- 11:43 Manchester United line up MONSTER £90m bid to bring Gareth Bale to...
- 11:37 Living vroom – the only place to park your supercar
- 10:53 Ajax admit interest in taking Man United star Adnan Januzaj on loan
- 10:46 Manchester United star Angel Di Maria in line for top gong
- 10:25 Results: Man Utd fans want Robin van Persie to be dropped for...
- 10:02 Liverpool News: Source reveals Balotelli EXIT plan, cash for new...
- 10:02 I know who threw the pizza! Arsenal's Wenger lifts the lid on Man...
- 09:42 Chelsea transfer news: Blues will have to pay £63m to land Paul Pogba
- 09:29 Man killed in Hebden Bridge hit-and-run