Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had... read more
- 07:43 Supermarket in area with serious booze problem can now sell alcohol
- 07:43 Ex-employee threatened to 'smash up' office and bring guns
- 07:43 Parking fee rethink at Sandwell Valley
- 07:40 Revenge porn victim tells of humiliation after explicit pictures...
- 07:40 Saints star Myler: We've got more improvement in us
- 07:38 Sunderland 2, Stoke City 0: We can have no complaints over defeat,...
- 07:37 Thief on benefits could not afford his shopping
- 07:36 Beyond the maximum: cities may be booming, but who's invited to the...
- 07:35 Everything you ever wanted to know about back pain (but were afraid...
- 07:34 Police appeal for witnesses over assault in troubled Ravensthorpe...