Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had threatened to go on strike and it is now unclear whether they will still be balloted for action.
Members of... read more
Most read news
- 20:53 Milos Raonic powers past Andy Murray at Indian Wells
- 20:47 Cardiff supporters plan protest ahead of Liverpool clash
- 20:44 Algerian premier to quit to run Bouteflika election campaign - source
- 20:26 New Diego Maradona? Newcastle score most obvious handball goal ever
- 20:23 A Twitter user never changes its spots: Site shapes public opinion...
- 20:09 Who's scared now? Robbie Fowler says Liverpool have fear factor...
- 20:07 New York apartment collapse: two dead and more than a dozen injured...
- 20:06 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger just a bad loser, says Bayern Munich...
- 20:05 Musicals, flights, big sporting events: The junkets that led to a...
- 20:02 Assad visits displaced Syrians outside Damascus - TV