Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had threatened to go on strike and it is now unclear whether they will still be balloted for action.
Members of... read more
Most read news
- 06:41 Sheffield United boss planning a £20m development at city’s digital...
- 06:41 Local help from the EU
- 06:35 Plea to confront aid corruption
- 06:35 Dom Howson column: A strong defence will take a team only so far
- 06:33 Cheque fraud ‘to pay for sex swap op in Iran’
- 06:32 Samsung Electronics seeks China turnaround, unveils mid-tier...
- 06:32 Sony reports narrower second-quarter loss than estimated on strong...
- 06:29 HS3 plans get cautious welcome in Sheffield
- 06:28 Australia's ANZ bank announces record annual profit
- 06:23 Man Utd derby veteran Giggs can help rouse Reds