Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had threatened to go on strike and it is now unclear whether they will still be balloted for action.
Members of... read more
- 09:04 Live: Aston Villa FA Cup Final - Follow all the build-up, see your...
- 09:04 Arsene Wenger: Jack Wilshere knows he's wanted by Arsenal
- 08:56 Manchester United "make £35.6m Karim Benzema transfer offer'
- 08:56 Uphill work for brothers-in-law
- 08:56 Benjamin Keach and Winslow’s secret meeting place
- 08:56 Join singalong outside Old Gaol in Buckingham to celebrate the town
- 08:52 Anthony Reveillere to stay at Sunderland but it’s the end for...
- 08:51 Haroon Ahmed: Violent armed robber still on the run after prison...
- 08:45 Sacked hacker's £41,000 'Ena Sharples revenge' on Leicester company
- 08:40 Scottish Cup Final: Inverness boss John Hughes snubs pre-match...