Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had... read more
- 22:46 Michigan man arrested amid alleged support for Isis and plot...
- 22:31 Mike Stephenson gearing up for one last season of abuse
- 22:30 More than 3,100 pregnant women in Colombia have Zika virus
- 22:19 North Korea could be spying on you from tomorrow
- 22:10 SIMON WATKINS: Small firms across Britain tearing their hair out as...
- 22:10 The Great Tax Switch: Fury as small firms’ rates burden soars - far...
- 22:10 Former Royal Bank of Scotland boss Stephen Hester on course for...
- 22:10 Government regulator must be given power to force oil firms to keep...
- 22:10 Troubled Government statistics boss plans digital fightback: Yes,...
- 22:10 Government’s profit from bailout of banks slashed by £12 billion in...