Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had threatened to go on strike and it is now unclear whether they will still be balloted for action.
Members of... read more
Most read news
- 10:08 Man in court charged with murder in Ilkeston
- 10:03 Idris Elba's No Good Deed crowns US box office
- 10:02 Rio Ferdinand BLASTS David Moyes' mistakes during Manchester United...
- 09:53 Ferdinand says banning chips was one of Moyes' mistakes at Man United
- 09:53 Hull vs West Ham: Sam Allardyce prepares to unleash Enner Valencia...
- 09:53 Radamel Falcao and Daley Blind celebrate Manchester United's first...
- 09:44 Rio Ferdinand lifts lid on 'amateurish' former Manchester United...
- 09:32 Premier League: Six things we learned this weekend – Di Maria gets...
- 09:12 Crystal Palace loan star Wilfried Zaha still confident he can make...
- 09:02 Mario Balotelli, Adam Lallana and Lazar Markovic fail to impress on...