Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had... read more
- 17:09 Tesco will pay suppliers more quickly
- 17:02 Bookies back David Pipe to emulate father with Low Key Newmarket win
- 16:57 Chanel made an entire airport for its Paris Fashion Week show
- 16:57 Readers’ letters - October 6
- 16:54 Scotland's deprived areas have more off-licences
- 16:47 Artist gets away with creating an art installation by not doing any...
- 16:39 Sky hikes prices for millions of loyal broadband customers
- 16:36 David Beckham backs Ryan Giggs to take Manchester United hotseat:...
- 15:09 Arsenal plotting £15m swoop for ex-Chelsea striker
- 15:03 Alexis Sanchez injury blow for Arsenal after starring against...