Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had threatened to go on strike and it is now unclear whether they will still be balloted for action.
Members of... read more
Most read news
- 11:24 Colan Lamont: Travis Browne looks for another big hit as he plots...
- 11:19 Row after RSPCA puts down Doncaster man’s cats
- 11:12 Lincolnshire Bank Holiday drivers face delays after M1 crash
- 11:09 In pictures: Duchess of Cambridge thanks Australia for the warm...
- 11:09 Anonymous gift for poorly Peterlee baby handed into Hartlepool Mail...
- 11:09 Cracking fun over Easter with Oscar’s after school and holiday club
- 11:09 Transfer news: Arsenal and Juventus eye Sheffield United striker...
- 11:09 "Ghost car' appears from nowhere and causes a crash
- 11:09 No consistent drop in species, say Scots scientists
- 11:06 TEAM NEWS: Jelavic and Long in line to face Arsenal as Hull...