Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.... read more
- 07:35 New leaders improve Scunthorpe school's Oftsed rating
- 07:33 There's a giant arse on the roads to promote love and randomness
- 07:33 Woman receives £65,000 payout after NHS staff broke doll she...
- 07:29 Leicester City's pre-season training is missing a few notable faces
- 07:25 Stoke City transfer rumours: Potters linked with move for...
- 07:24 New Lidl supermarket and pub plan for east Hull could create 100 jobs
- 07:22 Kenya quarry workers killed in gun attack
- 07:20 Labor's dilemma: progress on climate change is the hostage of...
- 07:03 Wren staff in Scunthorpe and Barton raise £1,000 in charity...
- 06:57 Crewe Alexandra: Midfield additions to help Alex play better brand...