Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had threatened to go on strike and it is now unclear whether they will still be balloted for action.
Members of... read more
Most read news
- 23:39 FA ‘blazers’ ordered to undergo diversity and equality training
- 23:39 Rondos on the training ground at Burton start Barcelona’s new era
- 23:39 Goodwood Festival 2014: Es Que Love’s the winner once again – at...
- 23:39 WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy...
- 23:39 Microsoft gives employees sneak peek at new 'selfie' phone
- 23:38 Five a day will do, larger study of fruit and veg intake suggests
- 23:17 Amazing images show car after it crashes through barriers and lands...
- 23:12 Utopia recap: series two, episode four
- 23:04 Liverpool switch targets as Man United to sell £27.5m flop
- 19:16 TRANSFER NEWS: Cavani's Man Utd talks, Saints rebuff Spurs,...