Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had threatened to go on strike and it is now unclear whether they will still be balloted for action.
Members of... read more
Most read news
- 14:44 Basel watchdog wants standardised assessment of banks' capital
- 14:12 Inter Milan CONFIRM they are interested in signing Liverpool star...
- 14:01 Leicester man killed in M25 crash named as Bhagwant Singh
- 13:59 WATCH: Fans celebrate Adam Johnson’s winner in St James’s Park
- 13:46 VIDEO: 'Scum, rats and stooges' ... watch John Brown and fans...
- 13:37 Lambert admits Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool targets Vlaar and...
- 13:37 Could cameras soon be PAPER THIN? Atom-thick material could be used...
- 13:35 Why Liverpool are (almost) back to their best after Arsenal draw
- 13:29 Firefighters called to McDonald’s restaurant in Sheffield city centre
- 13:12 Brian Clough: Beer brewed for legendary Nottingham Forest manager