Head teacher leaves Merrill College after a vote of no confidence
But yesterday the Derby Telegraph revealed that more than 60 staff at a union meeting held a unanimous vote of no confidence against Mr Whelan. Last night a spokeswoman for the school's governors confirmed that Mr Whelan was no longer at Merrill and that the former head teacher, Andy Scott, had returned.
The spokeswoman said: "Mr Whelan is employed by Derby College and had been seconded to the school.
That secondment has now been cancelled but he is still employed by the college.
"Meanwhile Andy Scott is back as acting head teacher at Merrill."
Teachers at Merrill had threatened to go on strike and it is now unclear whether they will still be balloted for action.
Members of... read more
- 16:08 England footballer arrested over allegations of sex with a schoolgirl
- 15:38 Liverpool striker set for SHOCK summer EXIT
- 15:07 Juan Mata and Ander Herrera wear same tracksuit to Man Utd training
- 14:54 Manchester United defender Rafael da Silva nears exit with three...
- 14:18 Arsenal transfer target Morgan Schneiderlin pulls off incredible...
- 14:15 Manchester United "look set to sign Karim Bellarabi by paying £11m...
- 14:03 Rochdale player faces sack after saying he'd "bang' Liverpool...
- 13:41 You sure you're 34? Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky runs his socks...
- 13:35 Krystian Bielik makes first appearance in Arsenal shirt as Arsene...
- 13:12 DONE DEAL: Club confirm extension for Manchester United keeper