Headteacher still suspended
The headteacher at one of Doncaster's highest achieving schools remains suspended. Dr Sai Patel of Hayfield School was suspended on full pay following claims of bullying by staff, the Free Press understands.
A council spokesman said the situation remained the same but the school was keen to stress things were running smoothly under the leadership of Maria Rock, the deputy head, who has taken over running of Hayfield while an investigation is carried out.
Union representatives praised the “brave” decision by school governors to suspend Dr Patel last month.
The chair of governors at The Hayfield School, Graham Hartshorn, said at the time: “The governing body has decided it is... read more
Most read news
- 08:53 Malaysia Airlines Shake-up After Planes Lost
- 08:50 Inter Milan forward Ricky Alvarez high on Gus Poyet’s Sunderland list
- 08:50 China funds cut suggested equity allocations as hopes for recovery...
- 08:50 Quarter of Leicester City Council tenants in arrears with rent
- 08:46 Could a university degree lower cholesterol? Better educated women...
- 08:46 Champions League draw: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester...
- 08:46 Shares in British chipmaker CSR shoot up by a third after company...
- 08:40 Arsenal clear to complete Radamel Falcao transfer as Real Madrid...
- 08:40 Boy with brain tumour 'taken' by parents from hospital
- 08:35 Renaissance sees rise of ‘indie’ food scene in Leeds