HEAGE: Tory councillor defects to UKIP
A Conservative county councillor has defected to UKIP.
Councillor Juliette Stevens, who was elected to Derbyshire County Council in 2009, said the Conservative Party was losing “touch with their electorate”.
Ms Stevens, from Heage, who has previously been leader of Ripley Town Council and sat on Amber Valley Borough Council, said: “I’d encourage anybody who has been turned off voting by three tired old parties to look at what UKIP can offer, a chance to bring real democracy back to... read more
- 04:23 Body pulled from St Neots dragon boat race river
- 04:22 Theresa May: Free movement in the EU should only be for those with...
- 04:18 Mitch Tonks makes cooking fish simple with two delicious recipes
- 04:15 Border force announcement went to Peter Dutton's office first,...
- 04:03 Scottish Government to unveil final programme before 2016 election
- 04:03 Teenage migrant killed in shootout between Greek police and smugglers
- 03:57 US hiker found alive after nine-day hunt in Sierra Nevada
- 03:51 New exhibition based on coroners' reports reveals untold tragedies...
- 03:16 Deal done: Man United star David De Gea will sign for Real Madrid...
- 03:16 Shock Man Utd deal: Late offer for superstar with hours left before...