HEAGE: Tory councillor defects to UKIP
A Conservative county councillor has defected to UKIP.
Councillor Juliette Stevens, who was elected to Derbyshire County Council in 2009, said the Conservative Party was losing “touch with their electorate”.
Ms Stevens, from Heage, who has previously been leader of Ripley Town Council and sat on Amber Valley Borough Council, said: “I’d encourage anybody who has been turned off voting by three tired old parties to look at what UKIP can offer, a chance to bring real democracy back to... read more
- 04:54 Are IS recruitment tactics more subtle than we think?
- 04:54 Labour leadership contender guide: Yvette Cooper
- 04:50 Grantham floods: Queensland businessman challenges claims quarry...
- 04:43 Paper Review: Chelsea's attack, Man Utd crisis talks, Ronaldo no...
- 04:39 Scottish construction firms 'see workloads increase'
- 04:39 British Transplant Games: Torquay organ donation family at opening
- 04:35 Calais migrant crisis: Hundreds gather at Channel Tunnel
- 04:32 Sometimes I have to leave work early to pick up my kids. Deal with it
- 04:23 Galaxy S6 smartphones don't ring true for Samsung Electronics' profits
- 02:34 Arsenal Transfer News: Triple done deal, £48m bid, second arrival...