HEAGE: Tory councillor defects to UKIP
A Conservative county councillor has defected to UKIP.
Councillor Juliette Stevens, who was elected to Derbyshire County Council in 2009, said the Conservative Party was losing “touch with their electorate”.
Ms Stevens, from Heage, who has previously been leader of Ripley Town Council and sat on Amber Valley Borough Council, said: “I’d encourage anybody who has been turned off voting by three tired old parties to look at what UKIP can offer, a chance to bring real democracy back to... read more
- 02:54 Minions invade Cineworld Boldon to celebrate film release
- 02:41 Amber Heard looks effortlessly elegant in a plunging sequinned...
- 01:35 Paris Saint Germain "in talks with Manchester United over Angel Di...
- 00:59 Andy Murray admits arm issue after giving Seppi the cold shoulder
- 00:44 Children’s mental health must be cared for. Or the consequences...
- 00:43 Murray keeps Wimbledon hopes alive
- 00:22 John Aldridge: Why Liverpool will struggle to make top four despite...
- 00:22 Gary Neville: Why Man Utd can beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City to...
- 21:06 Prom season gets underway in Hartlepool
- 20:45 Arsenal "ready to pay £17.8m asking price to seal Karim Benzema...