Hendry quits snooker after Crucible humbling against Maguire
Stephen Hendry has announced his retirement from competitive snooker after his 13-2 Betfred World Snooker Championship drubbing at the hands of Stephen Maguire.
The Scotsman said that his decision was not based on his performance on Tuesday night at the Crucible but was a decision he made a few months before.
His opponent said he was 'shocked' and 'speechless' at the seven-times world champion's decision to leave the sport.
Most read news
- 17:40 VIDEO: WOOLWICH MURDER INVESTIGATION: Police raid Lincolnshire home
- 17:40 Murdered soldier named after terror police search Lincs home
- 17:32 Woolwich police raid house in Lincolnshire
- 17:22 Drugs ban teacher: Pot helped me to plan lessons
- 17:21 Morley entrepreneur Francesca MacDuff-Varley runs Apprentice farm shop
- 17:21 Cumbria's chief constable remains suspended
- 17:17 Shot Chechen linked to bombs suspect and earlier triple killing
- 17:16 Carrefour falls back on doubts over emerging market retreat
- 17:16 Breaking: Soldier killed in Woolwich machete attack named as...
- 16:32 Xbox One: Gamers unhappy about proposed 'fee' for pre-owned games