Henley-in-Arden businessman Harry Broadhurst stabbed to death at charity event, jury told
Businessman Harry Broadhurst was stabbed to death outside a Chelmsley Wood social club during a violent disturbance sparked by a bitter family dispute, a jury has heard.
Harry Broadhurst, 22, who was a stranger to those involved in the violence, was knifed in the abdomen after two other victims were injured with a machete and a hammer, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
Liam Cole, 29, Paul McAteer, 32, and Scott Smith, 40, all deny the murder of Mr Broadhurst, who was attending a charity boxing night at St Anne's Catholic Centre in Chelmsley Wood.
Opening the Crown's case against the defendants,... read more
- 09:53 Lung patients' on-the-move oxygen lifeline: Portable bionic lung...
- 09:51 Medecin sans Frontieres withdraws from Afghan city after hospital...
- 09:45 British mum killed during Oregon college shooting massacre 'as she...
- 09:44 Cadets honoured for work over last year
- 09:43 Aston Villa 0, Stoke City 1: Star man just has to be...
- 09:40 Renewable energy: Subsidy cuts 'could cost 10,000 jobs'
- 09:37 How to get away with a lie
- 09:36 Clocks go back: When do the clocks go back in 2015?
- 09:36 Glastonbury 2016: How do I get tickets when they go on sale today?
- 09:33 Former Rangers player Stephen Hughes ploughed his van into...