Henley-in-Arden businessman Harry Broadhurst stabbed to death at charity event, jury told
Businessman Harry Broadhurst was stabbed to death outside a Chelmsley Wood social club during a violent disturbance sparked by a bitter family dispute, a jury has heard.
Harry Broadhurst, 22, who was a stranger to those involved in the violence, was knifed in the abdomen after two other victims were injured with a machete and a hammer, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
Liam Cole, 29, Paul McAteer, 32, and Scott Smith, 40, all deny the murder of Mr Broadhurst, who was attending a charity boxing night at St Anne's Catholic Centre in Chelmsley Wood.
Opening the Crown's case against the defendants, James Curtis QC alleged that McAteer and Smith were "recruited" by Cole to join an attack... read more
Most read news
- 14:21 Adecco sales jump on European recovery
- 14:18 Schools car park could ease problems with parents' parking
- 14:18 Burton used as an example in bid to beat sales of illegal items
- 14:17 Fast & Furious 7 Cast To Return To Set
- 14:17 Pets of the week
- 14:11 Science in all its psychedelic glory: Beautiful images taken in the...
- 14:04 Ocado on course to deliver first annual profit as sales rise - but...
- 12:48 UPDATED: Murder victim in Leeds woods named
- 12:45 UEFA to launch proceedings against Bayern for offensive banner...
- 12:43 Lindsay Lohan 'lists her 36 lovers'... and that's just the celebrities