Henley-in-Arden businessman Harry Broadhurst stabbed to death at charity event, jury told
Businessman Harry Broadhurst was stabbed to death outside a Chelmsley Wood social club during a violent disturbance sparked by a bitter family dispute, a jury has heard.
Harry Broadhurst, 22, who was a stranger to those involved in the violence, was knifed in the abdomen after two other victims were injured with a machete and a hammer, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
Liam Cole, 29, Paul McAteer, 32, and Scott Smith, 40, all deny the murder of Mr Broadhurst, who was attending a charity boxing night at St Anne's Catholic Centre in Chelmsley Wood.
Opening the Crown's case against the defendants, James Curtis QC alleged that McAteer and Smith were "recruited" by Cole to join an attack... read more
Most read news
- 07:03 History set to opens its doors for anniversary
- 07:00 ON THE WILD SIDE: Wild flowers in our corn fields give colourful...
- 06:55 Eating out: Bengal Premier, Frodingham Road, Scunthorpe
- 06:54 Macau 're-elects' new leader as authorities stifle democratic...
- 06:52 Just grand for Coldstream groups
- 06:42 40 years of Morris Men in exhibition
- 06:36 Frank’s long-running battle with the blues
- 06:28 Tee off with First Citizen
- 06:18 Liverpool war veteran looking to pay for his own funeral hit with...
- 06:11 Police to introduce new local policing structure in 2015