Henley-in-Arden businessman Harry Broadhurst stabbed to death at charity event, jury told
Businessman Harry Broadhurst was stabbed to death outside a Chelmsley Wood social club during a violent disturbance sparked by a bitter family dispute, a jury has heard.
Harry Broadhurst, 22, who was a stranger to those involved in the violence, was knifed in the abdomen after two other victims were injured with a machete and a hammer, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
Liam Cole, 29, Paul McAteer, 32, and Scott Smith, 40, all deny the murder of Mr Broadhurst, who was attending a charity boxing night at St Anne's Catholic Centre in Chelmsley Wood.
Opening the Crown's case against the defendants, James Curtis QC alleged that McAteer and Smith were "recruited" by Cole to join an attack... read more
Most read news
- 09:02 How West Brom can beat Manchester City on Monday Night Football
- 08:50 OBSERVER: Politics - it certainly keeps us talking
- 08:50 Police helicopter in the skies of Calderdale
- 08:48 Police helicopter in the skies of Calderdale
- 08:45 Pirate buster Billy Irving found solace in playing the pipes for...
- 08:44 Minister tours new Harrogate Macmillan center
- 08:41 Exposed: Scotland's 'untouchable' legal high kingpin recruits army...
- 08:41 In pictures: Buoy on Eigg which kids played on and islanders...
- 08:41 Cleared sex case teacher launches new fight in bid to be able to...
- 08:33 Easter recipes: 14 cooking hacks to nail your Sunday roast