Henley-in-Arden businessman Harry Broadhurst stabbed to death at charity event, jury told
Businessman Harry Broadhurst was stabbed to death outside a Chelmsley Wood social club during a violent disturbance sparked by a bitter family dispute, a jury has heard.
Harry Broadhurst, 22, who was a stranger to those involved in the violence, was knifed in the abdomen after two other victims were injured with a machete and a hammer, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
Liam Cole, 29, Paul McAteer, 32, and Scott Smith, 40, all deny the murder of Mr Broadhurst, who was attending a charity boxing night at St Anne's Catholic Centre in Chelmsley Wood.
Opening the Crown's case against the defendants, James Curtis QC alleged that McAteer and Smith were "recruited" by Cole to join an attack... read more
Most read news
- 01:31 Pension funds pile pressure on Barclays over governance
- 01:21 Women Urged To Stop Britons Fighting In Syria
- 01:20 Scotland would beat UK to high speed rail - Salmond
- 01:15 Japan ship firm pays about $40 million to China after seizure - media
- 01:09 Apple beats estimates on iPhones and Macs
- 01:07 Revealed: The 50 Streets With Slowest Broadband
- 01:01 Hated tuition £9,000 tuition fees might not save any money, says...
- 00:55 Flybe launches London City routes in rebirth bid
- 00:30 Lung cancer set to catch breast cancer as the deadliest cancer...
- 00:25 'Friendly' drone on dog leash takes off