Henley-in-Arden businessman Harry Broadhurst stabbed to death at charity event, jury told
Businessman Harry Broadhurst was stabbed to death outside a Chelmsley Wood social club during a violent disturbance sparked by a bitter family dispute, a jury has heard.
Harry Broadhurst, 22, who was a stranger to those involved in the violence, was knifed in the abdomen after two other victims were injured with a machete and a hammer, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
Liam Cole, 29, Paul McAteer, 32, and Scott Smith, 40, all deny the murder of Mr Broadhurst, who was attending a charity boxing night at St Anne's Catholic Centre in Chelmsley Wood.
Opening the Crown's case against the defendants, James Curtis QC alleged that McAteer and Smith were "recruited" by Cole to join an attack... read more
Most read news
- 12:06 West Ham reveal plans to sign new striker following Andy Carroll...
- 12:05 New school head revealed
- 12:05 Social media, science advisors and Siberian dinosaurs - blogs roundup
- 12:01 Jealous Raymond Holdway hit his girlfriend over the head with a...
- 11:58 Cannabis farm found during raid in Weldon
- 11:54 Jeff Salway: Watchdog turns wimp over comparison websites
- 11:41 Derby County legend Alan Hinton to attend charity cricket match...
- 11:40 QPR join Arsenal and Liverpool in £5.5m race for Mathieu Valbuena
- 11:04 Angel Di Maria "to decide on Manchester United transfer within hours'
- 10:36 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Juventus midfielder deals United...