Henley-in-Arden businessman Harry Broadhurst stabbed to death at charity event, jury told
Businessman Harry Broadhurst was stabbed to death outside a Chelmsley Wood social club during a violent disturbance sparked by a bitter family dispute, a jury has heard.
Harry Broadhurst, 22, who was a stranger to those involved in the violence, was knifed in the abdomen after two other victims were injured with a machete and a hammer, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
Liam Cole, 29, Paul McAteer, 32, and Scott Smith, 40, all deny the murder of Mr Broadhurst, who was attending a charity boxing night at St Anne's Catholic Centre in Chelmsley Wood.
Opening the Crown's case against the defendants, James Curtis QC alleged that McAteer and Smith were "recruited" by Cole to join an attack... read more
Most read news
- 04:54 Rights group slams Thai detention of child migrants and refugees
- 04:47 Brazil's Silva looks presidential, but not a shoo-in
- 04:43 Appeal to stop prized Wedgwood Collection from being sold
- 04:38 Japan wage growth surges in July
- 04:28 Chris Kelly loses £500k bet after standing down as MP
- 03:12 Blind is seen at United but club left waiting for Falcao
- 02:40 Chelsea cash in on the £100m cast-offs as number of loanees playing...
- 01:13 Smith and Poleon out - Montenegro in at Leeds United
- 22:50 West Ham transfer news: Hammers hope to beat deadline with signing...
- 22:42 Radamel Falcao deal yet to be confirmed, Manchester United fans...