Henley-in-Arden businessman Harry Broadhurst stabbed to death at charity event, jury told
Businessman Harry Broadhurst was stabbed to death outside a Chelmsley Wood social club during a violent disturbance sparked by a bitter family dispute, a jury has heard.
Harry Broadhurst, 22, who was a stranger to those involved in the violence, was knifed in the abdomen after two other victims were injured with a machete and a hammer, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
Liam Cole, 29, Paul McAteer, 32, and Scott Smith, 40, all deny the murder of Mr Broadhurst, who was attending a charity boxing night at St Anne's Catholic Centre in Chelmsley Wood.
Opening the Crown's case against the defendants, James Curtis QC alleged that McAteer and Smith were "recruited" by Cole to join an attack... read more
Most read news
- 20:49 Cornish National Trust park ranger BLASTS walkers for dog poo in...
- 20:37 Beauty vlogger and Youtube hit Zoella launches debut book, Girl...
- 20:20 Xabi Alonso: Manchester City can succeed in Champions League
- 20:20 World famous record label Rough Trade moves into Nottingham
- 20:17 A trafficked penguin, a creepy talking doll and trench warfare –...
- 20:16 If BT is throwing £10bn at mobile, the corporate dance has started
- 19:53 Wenger needs to learn - Usmanov
- 19:39 Flats planned for pub
- 19:28 REVEALED: 87% of Arsenal fans want Arsene Wenger to LEAVE the club
- 19:20 Arsenal News: Usmanov SLAMS Wenger, Gundogan boost, defensive...