Henley-in-Arden businessman Harry Broadhurst stabbed to death at charity event, jury told
Businessman Harry Broadhurst was stabbed to death outside a Chelmsley Wood social club during a violent disturbance sparked by a bitter family dispute, a jury has heard.
Harry Broadhurst, 22, who was a stranger to those involved in the violence, was knifed in the abdomen after two other victims were injured with a machete and a hammer, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
Liam Cole, 29, Paul McAteer, 32, and Scott Smith, 40, all deny the murder of Mr Broadhurst, who was attending a charity boxing night at St Anne's Catholic Centre in Chelmsley Wood.
Opening the Crown's case against the defendants, James Curtis QC alleged that McAteer and Smith were "recruited" by Cole to join an attack... read more
Most read news
- 09:33 Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- 09:33 From the Advertiser archives - October 23 edition
- 09:31 Solar farm given green light at Mansfield business park
- 09:30 GRESLEY: Consistent defence pleases captain Jamie Barrett
- 09:27 Reader letter: Dearest bag of spuds in Worksop
- 09:27 Time to brush up on green fingered skills
- 09:26 'Burnt-out' Kristen to step away from fame
- 09:26 An extra hour in bed as clocks go back
- 09:21 Mum who collapsed on dancefloor at charity night saved by nurses...
- 09:09 Claudia Burkill, the little Market Rasen girl who bravely battled a...