Henley-in-Arden businessman Harry Broadhurst stabbed to death at charity event, jury told
Businessman Harry Broadhurst was stabbed to death outside a Chelmsley Wood social club during a violent disturbance sparked by a bitter family dispute, a jury has heard.
Harry Broadhurst, 22, who was a stranger to those involved in the violence, was knifed in the abdomen after two other victims were injured with a machete and a hammer, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
Liam Cole, 29, Paul McAteer, 32, and Scott Smith, 40, all deny the murder of Mr Broadhurst, who was attending a charity boxing night at St Anne's Catholic Centre in Chelmsley Wood.
Opening the Crown's case against the defendants,... read more
- 18:36 Russia fighter jets flying with AIR-TO-AIR missiles in 'self...
- 18:35 Trial over Freddie Gray death begins
- 18:33 Two French men stopped on way to Islamic State in Libya - official
- 18:28 'Northern Oyster' by 2018 and road tunnels to Sheffield by 2040 -...
- 18:21 Is Apple going to ditch the headphone jack on the iPhone 7? Firm...
- 18:21 Target website buckles under pressure of Cyber Monday shoppers as...
- 18:19 Junior doctors' strike: Chorlton GP speaks out in support of...
- 18:15 Penalty points add £132m to insurance premiums
- 18:09 Rangers do NOT have to sell in January insists Mark Warburton as...
- 17:54 Italian giants plotting January raid on Chelsea for unfancied...