Henley-in-Arden businessman Harry Broadhurst stabbed to death at charity event, jury told
Businessman Harry Broadhurst was stabbed to death outside a Chelmsley Wood social club during a violent disturbance sparked by a bitter family dispute, a jury has heard.
Harry Broadhurst, 22, who was a stranger to those involved in the violence, was knifed in the abdomen after two other victims were injured with a machete and a hammer, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
Liam Cole, 29, Paul McAteer, 32, and Scott Smith, 40, all deny the murder of Mr Broadhurst, who was attending a charity boxing night at St Anne's Catholic Centre in Chelmsley Wood.
Opening the Crown's case against the defendants, James Curtis QC alleged that McAteer and Smith were "recruited" by Cole to join an attack... read more
Most read news
- 03:09 Machine catches fire at Stocksbridge steel plant
- 03:03 Disabled work placements urged
- 02:59 Fetcham deaths: Man charged with murder after a married couple were...
- 02:57 Questions remain on new environmental scheme
- 02:57 From allotment to the farm for nurse and his wife
- 02:43 Councils 'ready for icy blasts'
- 02:43 Venezuela's Maduro plans government pay cuts due to oil price slide
- 02:34 Fear of running out of money ‘keeping pensioners in work’
- 02:32 Majority of supermarket chickens carry food bug
- 02:13 NHS eye care plan ‘could save millions’ in drug costs