Hong Kong Exchanges confirms London Metal Exchange interest
The owner of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange has said that it is one of a number of firms bidding for the London Metal Exchange (LME). The LME, the world's biggest market for the trading of metals, invited bids late last year.
Hong Kong Exchanges, which wants to expand into commodities trading, confirmed it was part of that process.
Its interest in LME and efforts to raise finance for a possible bid have been rumoured for several weeks.
The LME said in September that it was considering future strategy "either as a fully resourced and strong, independent entity or as part of a larger group".
Hong Kong Exchanges "continues to participate in that process and understands it is... read more
Most read news
- 11:38 A chip off the old block! Celtic legend Larsson returns... but it's...
- 11:35 Champions Trophy: Alastair Cook challenges players to handle...
- 11:34 WET OUTFIELD DELAYS START
- 11:34 Dixons sees no let up in UK tablets boom
- 11:31 How a Manchester co-op is getting the food revolution moving
- 11:30 Stapleford business evacuated after chemical spillage
- 11:20 Xbox One U-Turn Follows 'Candid Feedback'
- 11:16 I will stop playing like a boy and be a man! Lukaku pledges to...
- 10:36 Online news readers are more likely to click on stories about the...
- 10:14 Mikel set to leave Chelsea for Galatasaray after taking advice from...