Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 13:39 US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- 13:38 EastEnders' Danny Dyer and Adam Woodyatt exchange these...
- 13:33 Four banks acquitted of Milan derivatives fraud
- 13:19 Video: Per Mertesacker BFG - Sky Sports apologise after German...
- 13:04 Jurassic Park raptor scene has dinosaurs replaced with giant cats
- 13:04 Transfer news: Atletico Madrid midfielder Arda Turan keen on...
- 12:56 Federico Macheda says Manchester United players are NOT to blame...
- 12:54 Travel agenda: From the stars of the Lego film to a suitcase...
- 12:03 Manchester United face missing out on Champions League, and now...
- 11:57 United fear Januzaj could suffer burnout if youngster isn't treated...