Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
- 06:26 European Factors to Watch-Shares seen opening slightly higher
- 06:26 Lafarge, Holcim finalise members of future executive panel
- 06:20 Police investigate after three teenagers at a county college fall...
- 06:16 Switzerland 'seeks Fifa arrests'
- 06:13 Notts TV celebrates first year as Britain's biggest local station
- 06:12 Plea for cancer-stricken Lincolnshire grandmother's early release...
- 06:07 Australia terrorist's children could be taken into care
- 06:06 Why India is captured by carbon
- 06:06 Hamas executed 23 Palestinians under cover of Gaza conflict, says...
- 06:06 China stocks mixed ahead of global index inclusion, IPOs; Hong Kong...