Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 03:02 Trio facing jail over axe death
- 03:02 Alice suspect inquest to resume
- 03:01 How soldiers struggle away from the frontline
- 02:56 Funeral of mother and newborn baby
- 02:31 Devolution deal is a ‘first step’ for city region
- 02:12 She found love! Rihanna is mobbed by a huge crowd of French fans...
- 02:12 Feeling brave after the jungle? Nadia Forde dazzles in dangerously...
- 02:12 Now THAT's a selfie! George Clooney joins Downton Abbey cast for...
- 02:12 EXCLUSIVE: Ben Haenow relives his rise to X Factor stardom in video...
- 02:12 'I leave with relief, tinged with regret': Nick Hewer quits The...