Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 01:09 HP earnings fail to impress investors ahead of split
- 01:01 Twitter in talks to buy Justin Bieber backed Shots app that only...
- 01:01 Are we playing God with Earth? Scientist admits he is 'terrified'...
- 00:53 Report: GPs on call at A&E could reduce pressure on services
- 00:51 Sudoku 2,977 medium
- 23:43 Champions League round-up: Nani's solo goal lights up Lisbon... but...
- 22:34 Man Utd on RED ALERT as Wesley Sneijder is snubbed by Galatasaray
- 21:09 Nani shows exactly why Manchester United want him back with...
- 21:08 Barcelona's Lionel Messi becomes Champions League's all-time...
- 20:07 LINE-UPS: Courtois back for Chelsea, Arsenal target starts for Schalke