Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 07:35 Fewer people give up smoking in Stoke-on-Trent - after turning to...
- 07:34 Drug combination killed Derby man Stephen Crutchley, coroner decides
- 07:34 Weather: Derby ice cream van out in October for the first time!
- 07:34 FCA launches investigation into Tesco accounting scandal
- 07:33 Travellers can fly from East Midlands Airport to New York, Boston,...
- 07:33 Unlimited holidays introduced at accountancy firm PKF Cooper Parry,...
- 07:33 Secrets to Castle Eden Inn chef’s best selling dish – Hartlepool...
- 07:30 Hong Kong protests: demonstrations across Australia show support
- 07:29 Babcock wins 2-billion-pound UK defence support contract extension
- 07:27 Cadets on high after African adventure