Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 17:12 Manchester City lifted by Yaya Touré after Swansea’s bright start
- 17:12 Chelsea’s Diego Costa on target again as West Brom go down to 10 men
- 17:11 21 more fascinating facts about Tamworth: Posh punk drummers and...
- 17:04 Stoke 1 - Burnley 2: Ings at the double as Sean Dyche's side claim...
- 17:04 Chelsea 2 - West Brom 0: Blues breeze past ten-man Baggies
- 17:04 Arsenal News: Man Utd boss' claim, tactics to change, £30m...
- 16:57 Two British men thought to have been killed fighting for Isis in Syria
- 16:54 Man watched film of woman having sex with snake and horse "because...
- 16:50 Sexy penguin! Cheeky remake of John Lewis Christmas ad
- 15:44 TRANSFER NEWS: Herrera's Man Utd exit, Chelsea's Varane bid,...