Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 05:39 Tesco bosses' bonuses under threat
- 05:39 Conisbrough’s very own Oktoberfest
- 05:39 Doncaster youngsters given chance to win free rail journey
- 05:24 Tesco bosses' bonuses under threat
- 05:22 Pet rabbits easy prey for foxes as 'owners dump them to fend for...
- 05:18 Headteachers to receive new guidance on term-time school absences
- 05:05 Salmond Accuses Miliband Of 'Labour Meltdown'
- 05:02 Brazil presidential campaign ends in slugfest over corruption
- 05:00 Cheap breaks no excuse for absence
- 04:54 LETTERS: Concerns over noise and rubbish