Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 04:16 Airports in east China face delays due to military exercises
- 04:07 Pandas search high and low to get their fill of different bamboos
- 04:05 BOJ Deputy Gov Nakaso says end of deflation in sight
- 04:05 RBS 'wilfully obtuse' in turnaround unit evidence - UK lawmaker
- 03:59 U.S. announces arrests in border crackdown on human smuggling
- 03:37 Ethnic minority students less likely to win a place at university,...
- 03:26 Market round-up by Rog Wood
- 22:45 Manchester United not afraid to spend £70m on one player, reveals...
- 22:45 Manchester United transfer news: United made aware Angel di Maria...
- 21:28 Six things you need to know about promising Arsenal youngster Chris...