Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 01:22 Satellites The Latest Weapon Against Ebola
- 01:20 Jose Mourinho can top Sir Alex Ferguson to become the greatest...
- 01:19 Samsung says Microsoft deal invites 'charges of collusion' - filing
- 01:09 Fiona Woolf quits as head of child abuse inquiry
- 00:57 Ebola staff warned to wear double gloves
- 00:55 Federal charges appear unlikely in Ferguson police shooting -...
- 00:54 'Hull City tend to be ignored - but that drives us on'
- 00:52 The ultimate hipster belt? New scooter can be worn around your...
- 00:22 Dementia breakthrough: Cancer drug that fights Alzheimer's disease
- 22:32 Murder investigation launched after man shot dead in Openshaw