Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 23:32 What you SHOULD have on your plate: We've already been told to...
- 23:20 Cameron-Appointed Quango Chief Resigns
- 23:18 Three bailed over Fegg Hayes stabbing
- 23:17 Spot the dog goes on an incredible journey
- 23:12 Easter fun at wildlife spot
- 23:10 UPDATED: Police confirm “all occupants fine” after accident on A45...
- 22:47 Race for Life: What is cancer? And how a brave little girl named...
- 22:47 Ann Budge: No quick fix for Hearts
- 22:47 Celtic chasing Nick Powell
- 22:42 Sunday's National Newspaper Front Pages