Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 09:21 On this day: August 2
- 09:21 Arsenal close to agreeing transfer fee for Sporting Lisbon star...
- 09:18 Sunderland mums take part in mass breast-feeding event
- 09:18 Paralympic star Jade gets honourary fellowship
- 09:16 Your letters: Gasifier car parade protest
- 09:13 Cambridge Folk Festival celebrates 50th year
- 09:10 We all deserve the right to be forgotten
- 09:09 Thatcher gene that lets us survive on 4 hours’ sleep: Scientists...
- 09:08 Review of taxi licensing rules after driver killed Sunderland teenager
- 09:08 Star Letter: Our immigration rules should reward work and integration