Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint... read more
- 14:50 Money Talks: BT to divert nuisance calls for free, plus supermarket...
- 14:46 Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce says Adam Johnson will miss...
- 14:39 The campaign to lower Premier League ticket prices is an ongoing...
- 14:39 Bournemouth striker Benik Afobe 'shocked' and 'hurt' by accusations...
- 14:02 Britain's drivers stuck 1million new cars worth £16.2bn on finance...
- 13:34 Manchester United set to spend big in the summer, says Ed Woodward
- 13:24 Manchester United watch Lassana Diarra ahead of summer transfer
- 13:00 Liverpool fans plan clever tribute to owners: This is the proposal...
- 12:38 Jose Mourinho tells Manchester United: Get me this £35m striker
- 12:07 Tata's profit dented by drop in Jaguar Land Rover's Chinese sales