Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 16:44 Semi-detached home with four bedrooms on pleasant Broadway
- 16:43 GCSE RESULTS: Excellent results at Queen Elizabeth's Grammar...
- 16:42 WATCH: Rugby GCSE results
- 16:39 Back town’s food bank
- 16:38 GCSEs: Oundle School
- 16:35 Supermarket chic: Lidl launches fashion range to rival Sainsbury's...
- 16:09 Leicester City eye move for Portugal striker Hugo Almeida
- 13:38 Angel Di Maria gives Manchester United green light after issuing...
- 13:30 'Sophisticated' spy camera cash machine gang jailed
- 11:58 Arsene Wenger working on "creative solution' to replace Mikel...