Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 19:00 Britain to take the fight to IS: RAF jets 'on verge of being...
- 18:52 Womb cancer: the most common diagnosis you’ve never heard of
- 18:50 Cheers to fourth successful beer festival
- 18:44 Minister says the fate of Air France is 'at stake'
- 18:43 Everton 2 - Crystal Palace 3: Inspired Palace beat floundering Toffees
- 18:43 Everton 2 Crystal Palace 3: First win of the season for Palace
- 18:31 Manchester City 1 Chelsea 1: Lampard scores late equaliser for his...
- 17:36 Wayne Rooney blasts Manchester United teammates for Leicester City...
- 16:52 Liverpool's Mario Balotelli victim of racial abuse after mocking...
- 15:46 Ola Jordan suffers embarrassing fashion faux pas as she parties...