Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 21:33 Islamists demand fall of Libyan govt, end to oil blockades
- 21:29 Ex-Goldman Sachs trader ordered to repay firm $118m
- 21:29 Bob Dylan's Fender Stratocaster sells for nearly $1m
- 21:27 World Cup 2014 draw: The 10 best matches of the group stage -...
- 21:16 The Ashes: Brad Haddin hails England's tormentor Michael Clarke as...
- 21:16 Ashes score LIVE: Day three scorecard as England fight back in...
- 21:15 Long Walk to Freedom's Idris Elba says he based Nelson Mandela on...
- 21:15 Hayley is overjoyed to meet her grandchildren - whatever the price
- 21:14 Strictly's Aljaž Skorjanec on Slovenia
- 21:07 ''Group of terror'': Reaction to England's World Cup draw from...