Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger.... read more
Most read news
- 19:08 'We're in limbo': the families marooned at a British air base for...
- 19:04 The Scotsman games review: FIFA 15
- 18:58 Rising UK borrowing leaves no room for pre-election sweeteners
- 18:52 CSKA Moscow 2 - Man City 2: English champions on brink of Euro exit...
- 18:41 Do Baggies fans like Mondays after Manchester United point?
- 18:40 LINE-UPS: Loic Remy starts for Chelsea in Maribor clash as Kurt...
- 18:27 Manchester United receive huge boost as Colombia World Cup star is...
- 18:27 Wetherby schools could be set for expansion
- 18:02 Sir Alex Ferguson: David Moyes 'did not realise how big a club'...
- 17:38 Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal to MISS OUT on Marco Reus