Horsemeat burgers: the best and worst jokes
A little horse? News that some beefburgers sold in supermarkets contain horsemeat has unleashed the Twitter wits. Photograph: Alamy Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet? (sorry)
- Barry Pace (@pace) January 15, 2013
Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"
- Paul Lewis (@PaulLewis) January 16, 2013
29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse?! No wonder they gave me the trots!
- Unnamed Insider (@Unnamedinsider) January 15, 2013
A Tesco burger walks into a bar. "Pint... read more
- 09:42 Soldier, poet, painter: how David Jones became Britain’s visionary...
- 09:41 Outcry as 345 used needles discovered in Wolverhampton over four days
- 09:40 Every woman 'needs fertility MoT at 25 to boost chances of getting...
- 09:37 Manchester United handed huge double boost for derby v Manchester...
- 09:36 Edinburgh hit and run victim was struck by car as he made his way...
- 09:29 Turkey 'suicide bomb': many killed in Ankara blast
- 09:21 Superintendent Registrar - who issued thousands of birth, marriage...
- 09:17 Deal will bring height training
- 09:13 What still puzzles you about the pensions revolution? The top ten...
- 07:45 Mike Pejic: Sign up Jon Walters ... or a rival will