Interview: Emun Elliott, actor and star of The Paradise
AFTER flying spaceships for Ridley Scott, fighting the undead with Sean
Bean and learning the value of holding your tongue - before someone else decides to do it for you - on medieval fantasy drama Game of Thrones, finding time to drop by Portobello sounds like mission impossible.
Not so, says Emun Elliott, Edinburgh-born star of new BBC drama The Paradise, set in the late 19th century and adapted in a new north-east of England setting from the classic French novel by Emile Zola.
Work commitments might have seen the 28-year-old drift south – he now lives in London – but he relies on regular visits to his family home to keep his spirits up.
“I love bringing people up... read more
Most read news
- 07:59 Jackie Bird: Band Aid may not be perfect, Bob Geldof isn't a saint...
- 07:53 Ban for M62 minibus owner and operator
- 07:38 Charity offers places for runners in next year’s Silverstone Half...
- 07:38 ‘Predatory’ paedophile from Northampton who groomed young girls on...
- 07:37 Farming Matters: A far cry from the usual bacon roll...
- 07:35 Matlock’s festive market is 20 years old
- 07:33 Paedo trumps: Sick card game goes on sale featuring dozens of well...
- 07:31 Radio star Suzie McGuire on how husband's savage smears were meant...
- 07:25 Village organises another successful cider festival
- 07:22 Kingsway pupils show off their school to Warwick and Leamington MP...