Interview: Emun Elliott, actor and star of The Paradise
AFTER flying spaceships for Ridley Scott, fighting the undead with Sean
Bean and learning the value of holding your tongue - before someone else decides to do it for you - on medieval fantasy drama Game of Thrones, finding time to drop by Portobello sounds like mission impossible.
Not so, says Emun Elliott, Edinburgh-born star of new BBC drama The Paradise, set in the late 19th century and adapted in a new north-east of England setting from the classic French novel by Emile Zola.
Work commitments might have seen the 28-year-old drift south – he now lives in London – but he relies on regular visits to his family home to keep his spirits up.
“I love bringing people up... read more
Most read news
- 14:24 Legia Warsaw charged by UEFA over banner criticising controversial...
- 14:22 Manchester United fans already flocking to snap up Radamel Falcao...
- 14:21 Russia starts work on Gazprom gas pipeline to China
- 13:44 How Liverpool proved they are still Premier League title contenders
- 13:16 Manchester United in talks to sign Radamel Falcao's Monaco...
- 12:17 Arsenal set to make £40m Marco Reus bid before transfer window shuts
- 11:49 Radamel Falcao to Manchester United: Louis van Gaal takes transfer...
- 11:44 Arsene Wenger flies to Rome on transfer deadline day to take part...
- 11:27 Leeds United continue recruitment
- 11:12 Arsenal fans fume as Arsene Wenger flies to Rome for charity match...