Interview: Emun Elliott, actor and star of The Paradise
AFTER flying spaceships for Ridley Scott, fighting the undead with Sean
Bean and learning the value of holding your tongue - before someone else decides to do it for you - on medieval fantasy drama Game of Thrones, finding time to drop by Portobello sounds like mission impossible.
Not so, says Emun Elliott, Edinburgh-born star of new BBC drama The Paradise, set in the late 19th century and adapted in a new north-east of England setting from the classic French novel by Emile Zola.
Work commitments might have seen the 28-year-old drift south – he now lives in London – but he relies on regular visits to his family home to keep his spirits up.
“I love bringing people up... read more
Most read news
- 19:47 Chinese fighter jet 'buzzed' American patrol plane
- 19:36 Olivier Giroud hits back at Arsenal trolls by rescuing Gunners...
- 19:26 Holiday family’s sorrow at pet’s freak death
- 19:19 Dog rescued from Chesterfield bungalow blaze
- 19:15 David Walliams and Catherine Tate back in the classroom for new...
- 19:13 Merseyside nurse sacked over Facebook comments cautioned by...
- 19:11 Gaza: 'Israeli Airstrike' Hits Apartment Block
- 18:59 Do Liverpool have best squad in Premier League after Mario...
- 14:55 Lucas Silva's agent confirms talks with Manchester United over...
- 13:59 Manchester United in "advanced talks' to sign £56m Angel Di Maria...