Interview: Emun Elliott, actor and star of The Paradise
AFTER flying spaceships for Ridley Scott, fighting the undead with Sean
Bean and learning the value of holding your tongue - before someone else decides to do it for you - on medieval fantasy drama Game of Thrones, finding time to drop by Portobello sounds like mission impossible.
Not so, says Emun Elliott, Edinburgh-born star of new BBC drama The Paradise, set in the late 19th century and adapted in a new north-east of England setting from the classic French novel by Emile Zola.
Work commitments might have seen the 28-year-old drift south – he now lives in London – but he relies on regular visits to his family home to keep his spirits up.
“I love bringing people up... read more
Most read news
- 14:27 Man in breach of his order
- 14:24 Australian police foil Islamic State ‘plot to behead victim in street’
- 14:23 Honeymoon Brit Killed In Jet Ski Crash
- 14:16 Bassetlaw: Council agrees 15-year deal with A1 Housing
- 14:09 Mum's bid to help other sick children in memory of her daughter,...
- 14:08 WATCH: Berwickshire goes to the polls
- 14:08 Teenager interests Chelsea and Liverpool while Arsenal line up...
- 14:08 Try your had at floral arts with Sunderland flower club
- 13:59 Baby cries, the universal language: Mammals respond to distress...
- 13:52 Latest exit poll - No 53%, Yes 47%: Union on a knife edge