Interview: Emun Elliott, actor and star of The Paradise
AFTER flying spaceships for Ridley Scott, fighting the undead with Sean
Bean and learning the value of holding your tongue - before someone else decides to do it for you - on medieval fantasy drama Game of Thrones, finding time to drop by Portobello sounds like mission impossible.
Not so, says Emun Elliott, Edinburgh-born star of new BBC drama The Paradise, set in the late 19th century and adapted in a new north-east of England setting from the classic French novel by Emile Zola.
Work commitments might have seen the 28-year-old drift south – he now lives in London – but he relies on regular visits to his family home to keep his spirits up.
“I love bringing people up... read more
Most read news
- 14:06 Per Mertesacker explains why Arsenal's lack of confidence is...
- 14:05 Comedian Jimmy Carr 'shocks the audience with tasteless Oscar...
- 13:38 Emmanuel Frimpong launches attack on Arsene Wenger's transfer...
- 13:34 Liverpool News: Balotelli apology, Henderson's dream plus Origi...
- 13:18 Ex-Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong launches Twitter attack on...
- 13:04 Protests after newsagent refused to serve soldier
- 12:39 Emmanuel Frimpong ruthlessly attacks Arsene Wenger over Arsenal...
- 12:23 Didier Drogba: Chelsea need to be wary of Manchester United
- 11:30 TRANSFER NEWS: Liverpool told to sign Man Utd's Falcao, Chelsea...
- 11:03 Police called after man found hanging from tree