Interview: Emun Elliott, actor and star of The Paradise
AFTER flying spaceships for Ridley Scott, fighting the undead with Sean
Bean and learning the value of holding your tongue - before someone else decides to do it for you - on medieval fantasy drama Game of Thrones, finding time to drop by Portobello sounds like mission impossible.
Not so, says Emun Elliott, Edinburgh-born star of new BBC drama The Paradise, set in the late 19th century and adapted in a new north-east of England setting from the classic French novel by Emile Zola.
Work commitments might have seen the 28-year-old drift south – he now lives in London – but he relies on regular visits to his family home to keep his spirits up.
“I love bringing people up... read more
Most read news
- 18:14 UPDATE 2-Insurer Saga could announce $5 bln London listing next week
- 18:11 Free pack of dog chews for Dearne readers
- 17:53 Two conmen jailed over £10m investor scam
- 17:41 RAF Jet Chases Russian Planes Away From UK
- 16:47 Liverpool owners 'absolutely delighted' and set to reward Brendan...
- 16:18 SPOTTED! Paul Scholes leaves Carrington after sealing coaching...
- 16:18 Rio Ferdinand and Rafael not up to standard at Manchester United -...
- 16:10 'Tempers and feelings are running high' - Andy Cole critical of...
- 15:36 Liverpool fan set for first hair cut in 11 years as Reds close in...
- 14:00 Liverpool could coincide Premier League glory with Anfield...