Interview: Emun Elliott, actor and star of The Paradise
AFTER flying spaceships for Ridley Scott, fighting the undead with Sean
Bean and learning the value of holding your tongue - before someone else decides to do it for you - on medieval fantasy drama Game of Thrones, finding time to drop by Portobello sounds like mission impossible.
Not so, says Emun Elliott, Edinburgh-born star of new BBC drama The Paradise, set in the late 19th century and adapted in a new north-east of England setting from the classic French novel by Emile Zola.
Work commitments might have seen the 28-year-old drift south – he now lives in London – but he relies on regular visits to his family home to keep his spirits up.
“I love bringing people up... read more
Most read news
- 10:32 Johann Lamont resigns as Scottish Labour leader: Candidates in line...
- 10:31 X Factor winner Sam Bailey in Twitter troll hell after being...
- 10:28 MEN Sport's Stuart Brennan picks his team for the West Ham game
- 10:28 Hebburn doctor denies sexually assaulting four female patients
- 10:27 Ally McCoist: Rangers team need to concentrate on football and...
- 10:25 Russell Brand's quitting Hollywood because he's "not interested in...
- 10:25 Mesut Ozil wants to quit Arsenal in January and make Manchester...
- 10:23 BUSINESS: Spirit Pub Company rejects new bid for takeover from C&C...
- 10:20 London restaurant puts BRAIN burger on the menu for Halloween
- 10:20 Saturdays in your 20s vs Saturdays in your 30s