Interview: Emun Elliott, actor and star of The Paradise
AFTER flying spaceships for Ridley Scott, fighting the undead with Sean
Bean and learning the value of holding your tongue - before someone else decides to do it for you - on medieval fantasy drama Game of Thrones, finding time to drop by Portobello sounds like mission impossible.
Not so, says Emun Elliott, Edinburgh-born star of new BBC drama The Paradise, set in the late 19th century and adapted in a new north-east of England setting from the classic French novel by Emile Zola.
Work commitments might have seen the 28-year-old drift south – he now lives in London – but he relies on regular visits to his family home to keep his spirits up.
“I love bringing people up... read more
Most read news
- 04:09 TV licence fee non-payment 'could be decriminalised'
- 04:06 Apple refuses to unlock dead woman's iPad, despite grieving sons'...
- 03:42 Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- 03:36 Concern over new charges for exam appeals
- 03:35 Ohad Naharin – going Gaga is the difference between dancer and gymnast
- 03:28 X Factor star Nicholas McDonald gears up for album debut
- 03:28 Audiences add local colour to wide variety of events
- 03:26 Price for prime sheep in the auction ring up on last year
- 03:25 Former husband denies will influence
- 03:21 Pistorius shot gun out of car sunroof, says ex-girlfriend